Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Story Behind Your Name

Chris9428

The tale behind the origins of my name is of mythic proportions of which I must truncate down for the sake of time.

"yuio" was the codename given to me by my superior officer El Capitane Kranny who manned the glorious ship "The Boo Boo". "yuio" is actually an acronym meaning "yellow ultraviolet illuminating octopus" since I'm really a retired octopus marine that's given up on the past of incessant war with the Space Kraken. That devil took too much away from my life, which leads onto the first number in my name.

The "6" represents the 6 months I was lost in the sea of empty space, stuck only in my pathetic and dinky little escape shuttle after The Boo Boo was attacked by the Space Kraken. Unfortunately my master El Capitane Kranny sacrificed himself to save me by sending me away in an escape shuttle. This meant that he was sadly eaten by said monster who attacked us.

The "7" represents the 7th May 4017. It was on this day that Wendy, my then girlfriend decided that she wanted nothing more from me and subsequently declared our relationship over. Needless to say I was sad, very sad. I drank my whiskey while crying about the fact that she was seeing other men. It's not fair, our love knew no bounds regardless of the fact I was an octopus and she was a beautiful, alluring dolphin. *sigh* I guess she wanted to be with her kind......T_T

Finally the "8" is a reminder that with enough conviction and training, I may be able to regrow my eight legs after having them severed by the infamous Harley Blackstain gang. Those ruthless rodents ambushed me while I was on my way to the market for shopping. Tried as I might, those rats overpowered even my skill with the blade. Now I am rendered paralyzed and unable to walk, depending on this infernal contraption called the "Hovero", a space wheel chair if you will. Someday I will regrow my 8 legs and continue the legacy of Kranny by hopefully mastering the hidden sword technique of the "Octagon Heaven Cleave".

In the meantime, I have to wait for my recent surgeries to my spine from my recent hospital visit to heal. So now I pass the time by playing games on my computer, which now primarily consists of playing Warframe under the handle "yuio678" to ease my daily suffering.

tumblr_mqcsmxrXbB1sxviy0o1_500.gif

That, was hilarious.

My turn!

When I was a child, I used to play with Bionicles (I'm sure we all did at one point or another) and I built this giant Mega-Robot thing (since I was little at that time, the toy was almost my size - perhaps 70-60 centimetres tall) out of parts from my already owned ones. Then I had to come up with a name for it. There was this expensive Bionicle named Axon. I liked the name and decided: Axon=Noxa. Then I added Tron for more coolness and there we go! Noxatron.

Noxatron was my first Warframe account, but I f**ked it up, because I didn't know what I was doing. Then I created another account with a similar name (don't remember how I came up with that one) - Noxonion.

And there's my story.

I like to always dig the lore a little before going for a game, trying to find the relations often hidden in plain view. So...

In scinto, Zuijin are kami (let's translate it with genius loci, or deities of a place) and they are both warriors and guardians (sounds familiar? ;).

But this is just myth: in history, the name was used first for the bodyguards of the Emperor of Japan. And how the Emperor of Japan is called since ancient time? Tenno...

I leave the rest to you xD.

Some 7 or 8 odd years ago, I was playing CS1.6 with some roomates from my school, and Rammstein had just released the single Benzin, and I really liked it, so I decided to make that my name.

Then I started sneaking around with silenced guns, and then became Benzin NinJa.

It's much more online-friendly than my previous nick - Badeanden (the rubber duck), even though my familiy and friends are still giving me rubber ducks because of that name.

I have jet to recieve either benzin (petrol, gas, whatever) or ninjas from my family and friends though.

shame my story is a boring story

mochi = my favorite snack, this chewy dough, usually covered with corn starch or coconut shreddings because the dough itself is very very sticky. I first ate the chinese versions, because I'm chinese, then later on found out japanese versions. I love them both

Li = last name

96 = probably shouldn't say :P

The reason my alias is called that is because in a lot of game reviews in the end they say their verdict of the game which inspired me to use the word for my alias. And because I think the word sounds awesome.

Edited by TheVerdict

I'm an avid daydreamer and I always like how Obelisk and Basilisk sounded. So, eventually I combined them together while daydreaming and came up with this type of ore that made you... crazy? Demented? Something like that. I called it Abalisk after that. It eventually became the name of a protagonist in a story of mine (don't worry the guy was kurzy). I just liked the sound of Abalisk so much that I use it for pretty much anything now.  

The infinite part is just a piece of underscore S#&$ that I have there so I can use this name

Edited by AbaliskInfinite

I love being able to use renewable sources of energy, ammunition, etc.

Arrows are reusable, bullets and gunpowder are not.

I love archery and want it to last throughout the ages.

A longbow is a powerful, yet simple weapon. (upwards of 90 pound draw weight. Compound bows are complex and use "training wheels" to achieve greater force with a smaller bow.)

Tada! LastingLongbow

I also use the name HumanTrainingBot in some cases since I'll forever be a newbie in all games.

mine was created for a MMORPG called Mabinogi which was about 6 or 7 years ago it think. i was trying to think of a name that sounded nice and i used to watch Naruto so i basically took akasuki and just added a y at the end... whats worse is the fact that i didn't learn about the way i had spelled it until 3 or 4 years after that... ive been slowly changing my account to the name Zoken ever since. oh and when i made the name i was about 9 years old. so there's my age for you guys.

Edited by Yakasuki

Mine comes in two parts.

Firstly, SlamDance. Back in the day, when I was playing Wing Commander (Can I get a holla from my people cruisin' Vega Sector in their Rapiers?), I noticed I had a tendency to hit the afterburners right when the Kilrathi I was tailing made a hard turn. I can't rememeber what my pilot's original call sign was, but after noticing that pattern I went with "Slam".

After a while, though, I felt like it needed some more oomph. It's only one syllable, it ends on a muffled kind of sound. I don't know where I heard the word "slamdance" - I didn't even know what it meant (you might call it "moshing" nowadays, but then again you might not) - but it felt right.

When I first got an Xbox Live subscription, Slamdance was, naturally, already taken. So I decided to go with something that sounded nice and high tech - Type 9. Then I cancelled my XBL subscription after barely using it, and when I got a 360 and decided to give Live another whirl I couldn't remember what my old password was. So I created Type 19.

Then I joined the PMS/H2O Clan and got to be H2O Slamdance in the Australian branch of their Halo 3 representation, and after that petered out I decided to combine "Slamdance" and "Type 19".

My name has always been UnknownShifter for everything, due to the amount of hard work I came up with it :P.  It started when I suddenly started having obsessions with Unknown things, such as ghosts, ghouls, and ghastly figures.  I also liked Shape Shifters, the idea was just cool to me at the time.  So, I tried UnknownShapeshifter, but, to my recognition, the username was too long, so I shortened it to UnknownShifter, and it's always stuck :P

• 1 month later...