Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Story Behind Your Name

Chris9428

I was reading Year of the Flood when I made my Warframe account and I wish I could change my name for less than 200 plat because I'd rather have a username that's more relevant to the Warframe universe than the name of a fictional group of religious extremists.

Back when Diablo 2 came out a friend showed it to me and of course we wanted to play it together then.

While not a bad person he was the guy to take a game a bit to serious, so we made our characters and came to the naming.

My first name is Tariel and i have no imagination for names so i just picked it.

of course he didnt like it and complained "you cant use a normal name in RPGs" until i changed it.

I added an extra T because i thought that was funny at that time, he was still angry but rolled with it.

Dibalo 2 was my first real online game and i never bothered to really change the nickname, now i just say its there incase mike Tyson bites one off. 

Edited by Ttariel

My grandfather used to keep bees and I really liked and admired them, at first I wore those suits when I went beekeeping with him, but later on I went among the bees with normal clothes, I rarely ever got stung and didn't mind much when i did. Beekeeping was a great joy for me and I learned pretty much all there is to it at a young age. Then some years ago, all the bees died, except one single hive. So my name is a tribute to the fallen ones.

Bees are awesome.

Bees are also diying.

The Earth cannot survive without bees.

(but robotic bees are being made, have no fear!)

Abbreviation of "die Seele der Nacht", German for "the Soul of the Night", for the sake of convenience.

Seele itself means "soul" and I do not at all, in any way, derive this from Evangelion. I've had so many people ask.

Been my handle for a long time, across many platforms.

• 3 months later...

so, back when I was new to the internet, I had no online accounts. I was 12.

my closest friend (I was introduced to the oddball at birth) had a youtube account. 2, to be precise. he posted video responses (gee, remember those?) on one, and the other was his troll account, to mess with everyone and take the blame.

I was reluctant to put my name anywhere, and I didn't know if I could live up to having an account.

about 6 months after asking me the first time, he comes to me, and says he's made an account for me. I smacked him around for that. well, that leap out of the way, I got on, and was HATED ON. INSTANTLY. the little twat had given me his troll account XD. I let it sit for a few months, cleared out the dust, the name stuck, and here I am, nubnubbud on nearly every site I'm on.

the origins of my name might take a while to read but its a good story none the less. 

it all started a few years ago when I started playing minecraft. I decided that I wanted to be called cheese sand_wich and made a skin for it that was one.

I did that because I really like eating cheese sandwiches mostly with mayo. mmmm soo good...(drools a little) anyway from there on I started to include cheese in most of my account names and chose agentcheese because well cheese and secret agent.

at first I wished a chosen some thing more ninja'ish when captain vor or someone else says something like "I will be your doom agentcheese!"

but then as time went on it started to fit a bit more or just   seem less stupid when I have koolnate85 standing right next to me.

well that's the story and it turn's out i was totally wrong about it taking long.

Meh, it's been necro'd but i'll post anyway.

When my niece was a toddler she couldn't talk properly, kept calling me Alisa (couldn't quite get my name right). It kinda stuck with me so I just added a couple of letters and used it as my username since.