Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to use Vauban

SovereignViper

Question

Hi, so I've had Vauban in my arsenal for a while now but I'd never really used him. I recently decided to level him up and then try to get Vauban prime. He used to be fairly simple but I don't understand how he works now. Would appreciate help.

Thanks in advance

9 answers to this question

well he's mostly the same as before except for his 2.

pressing his cycles through 4 differant abilities and holding it actually casts the selected ability.

the four abilities are 

Bounce pad - same as the old one

trip wire - thoughs down a tripwire, enemies who walk over it stumble

concussion grenade- good CC grenade, explodes near enemies and can be thrown on the ground like a mine

Shred grenade- a grenade for shredding armor based on power strentgh

He works the same as before, except now he has 3 more abilities to play around with.

Minelayer is where the new abilities were added. It works just like Ivara's Quiver (tap to change, hold to cast). Bounce wasn't changed, Shred mine radgolls and debuffs armor for a few seconds (wish this was permanent...), Concuss mine deafens enemies and procs radiation, Trip wire does what it sounds like it does, trips up enemies (stumble if walking, ragdoll if running).

Tesla still zaps enemies

Bastille still makes enemies float

And Vortex is still a baby black hole

Edited by AXCrusnik

Vortex for infested, bastille for everything else. That's pretty much all you need to know.

His minelayer ability while it isn't how useless bounce alone was is still kinda pointless to use. The shred/concussion mines go off on the first enemy in the vicinity so they usually only hit the first enemy that showed up resulting in a good waste of energy most of the time.

And his triplaser ability isnt helpful much when bastille can just stunlock them. 

And bounce is still bounce, useless.

Edited by rawr1254

8 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

His minelayer ability while it isn't how useless bounce alone was is still kinda pointless to use. The shred/concussion mines go off on the first enemy in the vicinity so they usually only hit the first enemy that showed up resulting in a good waste of energy most of the time.

but you can throw them at the faces of enemy groups though

Your bread and butter are bastile and vortex. The repelling bastille augment sorta removes the need for powerstrength and is god against infested. Powerstrength affects how many enemies bastille can lift at once and the augment makes enemies that aren't picked up bounce off (and sometimes shoot you). Vortex sucks in enemies at a pretty good range and does not require any powerstrength. It's all about crowd control. That's Vauban in a nutshell.

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517