The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Voice Acting For Tennos?

TheMandarin

hey players

after playing this game for awhile, i feel like our beloved tennos deserve some voice acting. every time when i fight bosses, they shout at us, but our tennos can shout back. so i think our tennos should not remain silent, and i believe after we kill a boss, our tennos should speak back to the bosses.

Excalibur: you cannot possibly withstand my blades

Frost: enjoy your eternity in subzero 

Rhino: Im the toughest of all! 

Ember: My flames are fueled by your corpse

these are just some examples. nevertheless, i believe it will be great if our tennos can stop remaining silent, and show their emotions as well. 

Pass, I'd prefer if they only talked in a cutscene if any are ever implemented, if at all.. Besides, anything the Tenno would say would sound ridiculous anyway. I mean, sure there is a possibility of a couple lines here and there, like "BURN!" being whispered or something, but aside from very basic things, it would sound too silly. I mean look at your examples. 

When the hell would Ember say "My flames are fueled by your corpse!" and not sound like she was losing her mind. And besides all that, most of our Tenno don't have actual faces it looks like. So how do we know if we even have mouths?

Also, after a couple millenia in stasis, I imagine talking may be abit of a challenge.

Those were pretty cheesy... Although famous anime voice actors like Illich Guardiola the voice actor for Krad from DNangel to do the voice for Frost would be pretty epic though if they ever got around to an anime series of Warframe... especially the voice for Frost Prime... like an anime series of the Pre-Stasis events now that I would want to see...

However there isn't any form of voice acting that could be done in game without it becoming a comedy... Already the grineer are quite funny... and Lotus abit... repetitive.

Not to be creepy... but how old are you? I'd never want my Frost to say such $&*&*#(%& things.

Tenno probably communicate between eachother and with the Lotus... but they have no reason to speak with the Grineers or Infested. Not to mention taunting them with 13y old edgy teen quotes.

But I also disagree with this illogical "They're space ninjas! Ninjas are silent!" thing. You have to communicate somehow, to coordinate, to plan. Quick Voice Menu much like in any other shootes would be nice... but what would it be? "Reloading!"? "Cover me!"? "Stick with the prod!"? I don't see Tenno using these kind of words.

That's hard to deal with... so the best option is to keep them quiet in the actual gameplay. In the cutscenes however... I'd like to hear them. But again... no edgy or stupid things. Maybe something about honor or duty. Or money... do they fight for money too? We need to fill the plotholes first.

hey players

after playing this game for awhile, i feel like our beloved tennos deserve some voice acting. every time when i fight bosses, they shout at us, but our tennos can shout back. so i think our tennos should not remain silent, and i believe after we kill a boss, our tennos should speak back to the bosses.

these are just some examples. nevertheless, i believe it will be great if our tennos can stop remaining silent, and show their emotions as well. 

lol no...just.....no.

while i would like some kind of voices....certainly no lines like THAT!

Not to be creepy... but how old are you? I'd never want my Frost to say such $&*&*#(%& things.

Tenno probably communicate between eachother and with the Lotus... but they have no reason to speak with the Grineers or Infested. Not to mention taunting them with 13y old edgy teen quotes.

But I also disagree with this illogical "They're space ninjas! Ninjas are silent!" thing. You have to communicate somehow, to coordinate, to plan. Quick Voice Menu much like in any other shootes would be nice... but what would it be? "Reloading!"? "Cover me!"? "Stick with the prod!"? I don't see Tenno using these kind of words.

That's hard to deal with... so the best option is to keep them quiet in the actual gameplay. In the cutscenes however... I'd like to hear them. But again... no edgy or stupid things. Maybe something about honor or duty. Or money... do they fight for money too? We need to fill the plotholes first.

of course we Tenno fight for money. the more the better, that's why we do alerts, don't give me a stupid 2000 alert im worth more. at least 6000 and even then im like hmmmm.

I am Tenno I fight for cash and good gear, not for fun!

and regardless you do sound creepy asking how old people are o.O

and regardless you do sound creepy asking how old people are o.O

It was about the edgy-ness of his ideas. Only 13y old boys who paint their Ash with black and red would like to hear such things from Tenno. I think these examples are... disgusting

of course we Tenno fight for money. the more the better, that's why we do alerts, don't give me a stupid 2000 alert im worth more. at least 6000 and even then im like hmmmm.

I am Tenno I fight for cash and good gear, not for fun!

I mean... lorewise. Do Tenno care about money anyway? They can buy some gear with it... but it's not like it's their main motivation... to be the Lotus slave only for some profit. What would they do with it? I'm not asking "What are you playing for".

Edited by Sideway

Tenno are pretty much like Link from LoZ, aside from Link's grunting. Link doesn't talk; I recall reading the creator named 'Link', 'Link' because he wanted the character to be an avatar of you, the link between the real world and the game world.

The same concept applies here.

It was about the edgy-ness of his ideas. Only 13y old boys who paint their Ash with black and red would like to hear such things from Tenno. I think these examples are... disgusting

I mean... lorewise. Do Tenno care about money anyway? They can buy some gear with it... but it's not like it's their main motivation... to be the Lotus slave only for some profit. What would they do with it? I'm not asking "What are you playing for".

Haha.  My ash is black, red and white and I'm 40!!! Is yours multi-coloured?  IMO that doesn't suit it.

Also, 'disgusting' is a pretty strong word for something as silly as this.  But perhaps English isn't your first language so...

Anyway, how would all the warframes have the same voice? I'm assuming a warframe is just a suit of armour that the Tenno wear.  Otherwise why would there be more than one of each frame in a game?

Also, the Tenno in the cryopod in defense missions isn't wearing a suit, which means they can wear whichever one they want.

Basically, voices wouldn't suit the game imo.

im 28y old and i have ash in black an red

Edited by fsarl

The suggested lines are pretty cheesy, but the concept could work, using the voice command system many games use. Simple things like "Shields down", "Cover me", "Hold fire" (even though no one would ever listen to it). Nothing overly excited like "FOOOOOR TUUUUCHANKAAAAA!!!!!!"

The suggested lines are pretty cheesy, but the concept could work, using the voice command system many games use. Simple things like "Shields down", "Cover me", "Hold fire" (even though no one would ever listen to it). Nothing overly excited like "FOOOOOR TUUUUCHANKAAAAA!!!!!!"

Heh, I sometimes hear the melee 'RAWR' in my head when I use the Fraggor on Rhino :)

ugh black Rhino and Emo ember, god what a horrible picture. 

no..

no....

NOO..

-Warframe would loose its Edge if voice acting would be implemented.

-on a side note, thank you for introducing me with that image, now i can't seem to be able to shake it off..

Edited by Mabswer

haha how about LEEEEERRRRROOOOYYYYY JEEEENKINS ?