Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Reactors and Catalysts

DEATHLOK

Question

7 answers to this question

They do pop up in the star chart on occasion via alerts (after each dev stream) an invasion rewards, keep an eye out for them. Also Sortie rewards, but the chances of getting one drop from those is super low i find. Outside of those ways it is just a plat buy from the market.

Edited by Ixxolos

You can't farm them. Blueprints for Catalysts and Reactors are only obtainable from Alerts (especially Gift of the Lotus Alerts that appear for 24h after devstreams), Invasions, Daily logins, Tactical Alert reward, Completion of a sortie, and some quests. Otherwise you have to buy the built versions with platinum.

Edited by AXCrusnik

They are rewarded on very rare alerts. Also, they put an special alert after each devstream rewarding one. I am not sure, but I believe they are also rare drops form rare containers, but don't take my word on this last one as I can't remember if they actually drop there.

Other than that, it is not possible to farm for them.

1 hour ago, DEATHLOK said:

Is it even possible to farm for blueprints with these items, or are they kept out of reach to sell platinum?

They aren't "kept out of reach" by a long shot. My alt account on XBOX had like 3 catalysts and 4 reactors from just doing events and the dev stream. As well as the tracker for alerts notifying you of them if you want to use it.

If you are trying to max every weapon and frame, yeah you are going to need more. But if you are just playing casually, they give them out regularly. Like any other game with a shop, if you want the best of everything "right now" expect to pay. The big difference is, with patience you don't have to pay for anything because all the important stuff is available and free (in terms of real money) at some point (even if you missed it) AND plat is very easily acquired without buying it yourself via trade.

Free keys from game = free prime parts and mods via void = plat for free players. It is a very very generous setup as far as F2P games go. Especially considering the majority of frames can solo 40+ minutes/waves in some type of mission or another.

Edited by Wopel

9 hours ago, Dwolfknight said:

You can also get them from Rare Crates that appear randomly on the map on hidden places 

but don't get you hopes up, on the las months i've only found 3

I found two of those in the past couple days—I had never seen one before that, not since 2013.

Yeah, kinda thought it was a patience thing, and I've not been terribly patient. Thanks, everyone!

Edited by DEATHLOK