The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overpowered players

Fuzzy-Bunny

It's amazing how many people want players nerfed into the ground . Just totally amazing to me . For what? Saying players cheese the game isn't an answer when players are playing the game the way it , the frames and weapons were designed .

16 minutes ago, ciaphuscain said:

It's amazing how many people want players nerfed into the ground . Just totally amazing to me . For what? Saying players cheese the game isn't an answer when players are playing the game the way it , the frames and weapons were designed .

i smell CoD kids

37 minutes ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

they're not thinking everything through and that leaves us with crazy imba stuff, then when they take it back whine levels hit the roof because people got... yeah well, spoiled.

Thank you for clearing the point. This definition of spoiled is what I can agree about in terms of having spent plenty of formas, love and hundreds of golden cores (and sometimes real money) into something and then seen it nerfed into the ground without compensation. Of course the poop hits the fan then.

Edited by radastir

5 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

i smell CoD kids

as opposed to your typically mature warframe adult, eh? :P

On 23.6.2016 at 5:49 PM, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

people tend to quickly argue in black and white, always ready to use thought-terminating clichés like "warframe isn't dark souls/call of duty".

... but please, do go on...

2 minutes ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

as opposed to your typically mature warframe adult, eh? :P

i ment the people who call nerfs nonstantly are childs who get mad when they get no kills because of some dudes using aoe wepons of massive destructoo :P

3 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

i ment the people who call nerfs nonstantly are childs who get mad when they get no kills because of some dudes using aoe wepons of massive destructoo :P

maybe some are... but maybe some others are players who are actually just better than you and kinda bored by this game's childish difficulty. and/or annoyed by band-aid counter measures like nullifiers (personally i don't mind) or ridiculous enemy scaling resulting in extremely dull binary game"play" in endgame content (spam cheese or be cheesed). :P

21 minutes ago, radastir said:

Thank you for clearing the point. This definition of spoiled is what I can agree about in terms of having spent plenty of formas, love and hundreds of golden cores (and sometimes real money) into something and then seen it nerfed into the ground without compensation. Of course the poop hits the fan then.

while i can somewhat understand that kind of frustration (especially the money part), one word: EULA. we are beta testers. that considered DE are in fact actually quite generous when it comes to compensation from my experience. also usually stuff does not just get "nerfed to the ground", c'mon... just fixed / rebalanced to make it more interesting. like mag for example: first week everyone was like "omfg i miss my corpus win button"... now some even call  the new mag op across ALL factions. the synoid gammacor was deemed useless but it's just has some actual ammo economy now. saryn: pretty similar story to mag... etc etc. just random examples.

Just now, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

yeah that alert was pretty much a covert lethality gear check anyway XD ....

Not really because you didn't have to kill a single enemy to succeed in that alert.  Just proper management of the lifepods. 

6 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Not really because you didn't have to kill a single enemy to succeed in that alert.  Just proper management of the lifepods. 

Exactly. My first run was solo with a Loki and Thieve's Wit (but threads like this make me want to kill...).

P.S.: NERF CHEEEEESY COVERT LETHALITY!!!11!

Edited by radastir

Just now, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

really? if that was the idea that's actually kinda creative and funny of DE then! would explain the measly spawns and short timer, too....

My clannies who also did the mission noticed that the DE provided you with "Godmode" in that the enemies didn't do much damage.  It was a very creative and funny mission once you realized this.  I've come to view all of the "Gift of the Lotus" missions as fun experiments/joke by DE. 

2 minutes ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

actually if you see it that way it's even sadder most people will probably circumvent the intended challenge via finisher cheese...

Sorry for making you sad beause I had fun in a fun event.

Edited by radastir

3 minutes ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

actually if you see it that way it's even sadder most people will probably circumvent the intended challenge via finisher cheese...

No you couldn't because the enemies rarely dropped Life pods when killed.  Or didn't have much effect when they did drop.  I know this for a fact because I killed 17 enemies in that mission just to see what would happen.  You still had to properly manage the lifepods to succeed.   The whole mission was meant to be fun.  It also showed that DE does read the forums as that mission replicated one of the forum posts of Ivara using a dagger to stay in survivals for a long time

Edited by DatDarkOne
added content

i agree, but just remember if that kind of Nerf hammer comes down we will also need to rework not only that but also enemy scaling, damage, fusion, modding, weapon type/damage/stats, all warframes, all focus and lets not forget initial progression and leveling in the game in order to balance everything out. 

In the end it is not one thing that causes this problem it is the majority of the game that has caused this problem, we are truly only seeing it now for the first time. most enemies and progression will need to be changed.

plus MR needs to also be looked at and archwing.... still and conclave, and lunaro 

ya most of the game needs to be changed

4 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

No you couldn't because the enemies rarely dropped Life pods when killed.  Or didn't have much effect when they did drop.  I know this for a fact because I killed 17 enemies in that mission just to see what would happen.  You still had to properly manage the lifepods to succeed. 

I did several runs with different clanmates after my solo just to try different modes of gameplay. Every time it was fun and I do not want to miss one of them...

P.S.: NERF CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESY COVERT LETHALITY!!!!1111!11!

Edited by radastir

10 minutes ago, radastir said:

Sorry for making you sad beause I had fun in a fun event.

lol i'm not sad about that personally of course, it's just the thought of that funny challenge being lost on people (including me XP) is kinda "sad" from a devs point of view i'd imagine.

9 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

No you couldn't because the enemies rarely dropped Life pods when killed.  Or didn't have much effect when they did drop.  I know this for a fact because I killed 17 enemies in that mission just to see what would happen.  You still had to properly manage the lifepods to succeed.   The whole mission was meant to be fun.  It also showed that DE does read the forums as that mission replicated one of the forum posts of Ivara using a dagger to stay in survivals for a long time

dunno, i just blinded and sheeved stuff with excal, together with the stationary ls it was more than enough, so bringing something like thief's wit didn't even cross my mind... edit: it was not that much fun imo, pressing 2 and e in turns, but yeah whatevs different strokes...

Edited by Kotsender_Quasimir

They can easily just remove all damage mods, and make the damage scale per level.

If you want your 120% from pressure point, just have that melee weapon gain say, 5% damage per rank (just as an example).

Have a global norm that will also include the elemental/damage types that we will miss out on, the rebalance enemy health accordingly.

-------------------------------------------

As for warframe powers being ridiculously overpowered, yes. They have no cooldowns and as long as trin and other cheesy methods exist, they will stay that way.

Yet on the flip side, all of these people complain about the nullfiers being overpowered? They are the ONLY thing keeping this game in check, otherwise every mission people would cheese spam sound quake, radial disarm, radial javelin, avalanche, stomp, you freakin name it, with no consequences and 0 counterplay from the enemy. 

OP you should try "The Division" its exactly what you want.

team of 4 can empty 2 clip in enemy he will be 1/4 health ... oh and personally i am playing to rape enemy once at high level now work 1  hours on a map for piss poor drop/xp....

Real life is challenging enough. Don't need a games that make you work HOURS to do a couple of mission :( like the division

55 minutes ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

XD ... c'mon let's not get childish now. (but yep, under the current circumstances (endless scaling and ez perma stealthing) i do feel percentual damage mods aren't a healthy idea ;P)

This discussion has surpassed the limits of childiness already as it had been started. And no, you are not entitled to define what is cheese and how scaling should work.

And no, DE will not grant you free Plats or nerfs because you feel sad for them...

It's again just about this:

66218472.jpg

Edited by radastir

Is it a crime to feel powerful after spending hundreds of hours maxing out in a PVE game? This game is a great power trip, why do you want to struggle at every turn? They've already made the game more frustrating with energy draining and nullifiers (especially with the newest patch), give it a rest.