Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help on my build.

(XBOX)AmaterasuBlaze

Question

I am just looking for some community help on my build there's alot I don't know in this game and I'm sure you all can help.  

Ash:

Rush, physique, vitality, redirection, flow, steel fiber, vigor, fast deflection, streamline, handspring.

Mainly use blades storm and occasional smokescreen.

Dread:

Speed trigger, serration, point strike, infected clip, cryo rounds,sawtooth clip,vital sense.

Aklex:

Barrel diffusion, hornet strike, gunslinger, convulsion, heated charge, steady hands, no return, quick draw.

Hate: reaping spiral

Shocking touch, pressure point, vicious frost, volcanic edge, fury, fever strike,molten impact, north wind.

That's my main build at the moment any ideas on how to improve.

3 answers to this question

Ash: I'd Advise to change Steel fibre, Fast deflection, Redirection and Rush for something else. Ash has quite low armor so Steel fibre gives little to none benefit.
Fast Deflection and Redirection. Shields are much less reliable than health since they do not benefit from armor and Toxin damage exists. Rush is optional but in most cases it is easier to combo bullet jumps to move faster than sprinting.

Here is an example on All around build: http://goo.gl/ryqDBG 

There are 2 Corrupted mods which you may need to farm from Derelict vaults. So you can swap them for Handspring and Rush. And you may not have the Aura yet.

Your weapon builds seem fine. Though do not forget to change the elemental mods depending on faction. Corrosive; Radiation; Viral vs Grineer Magnetic; poison vs Corpus and Corrossive; Fire vs Infested and Corrupted.

Note about Hate. Hate has 20% innate crit chance so it is worth adding Crit mods: Berserker, True Steel, Organ Shatter. In generall if we apon has 15% or more crit chance then it is worth modding fro crit.

There is also Blood Rush and Body count combo. However Blood Rush drops from Moon Spy missions and Body Count is currently non obtainable. (Both mods were available during Shadow Debt event)

1 hour ago, (XB1)AmaterasuBlaze said:

physique

lolwut

Ash gets a whoopin' 27 Health from Physique. Please, please, please never use Physique.

If your Aura Polarity is a D, Rejuvenation is just tons better,
though really, if you don't want the damage bonus to Blade Storm that Steel Charge gives,
go for - Polarity and either Energy Syphon or maybe Corrosive Projection.

1 hour ago, (XB1)AmaterasuBlaze said:

sawtooth clip

Those +30% IPS damage Mods are also pretty bad (and even No Return's +60% isn't amazing either),
barring Fanged Fusilade (+120% Slash), e.g. another elemental damage Mod would serve you much better,
however Multishot (Split Chamber) is the big thing you're missing so far.

29 minutes ago, Grayscale_Lord said:

do not forget to change the elemental mods depending on faction

This, very much. Your elements seem to be kind of all over the place :P
It might be tempting to gear each weapon slot for a different Faction so you don't need to switch (A B C) configs
but ultimately, that's what you should be doing, not least with more Loadout slots available
letting you have dedicated [Faction] configs simply by selecting a particular Loadout.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0#Overview_Table

Warframe_Damage_Full.png

Edited by NinjaZeku

For any build, if you want to optimize or be efficient, you will most likely need to change your build at some capacity based on the situation.  Whether it be frame, weapon, or mod.  I’m going to give you advice in a general sense, thinking of what you could use on all star chart missions to complete them successfully.  Also, I don’t know how far you’ve progressed, if you don’t have a mod I mention, don’t worry about it right now (look it up on the Warframe wiki for more information).  And if I say not to use something, but you don’t have anything else to use, obviously keep that on your build until you can replace it with something better.

Ash:

I suggest trying to use one, maybe two survivability mods max.  Having Vitality, Redirection, Vigor, and Steel Fiber all at the same time could be crippling your overall performance.  If you seriously need that much effective health to keep from constantly dying/downing, then sure it can help in your specific case.  However, once you improve your ability to be mobile, take less damage, kill certain enemies first (mental priority targeting), and use your abilities efficiently, you’ll probably see a jump in performance when using other mods.  Mods such as Stretch, Focus, Continuity, and Streamline are basic but make your abilities and frame much more worth using.  Once you get more into the game, mods like Primed Continuity or Narrow Minded can be good replacements for Continuity.  There’s quite a few options later on.

As for Streamline vs. Flow, I say it depends on two things: How often are you spending and gaining energy?  If you know you’ll have an ample supply of energy ( Energy Vampire Trinity), Flow is usually best.  If you don’t have a constant supply of energy, go with Streamline; and use your skills based on how much energy you are getting from containers and enemies as you play.  Additionally, some frames have lower base energy pools, Ash is one of those.  For low energy frames, Streamline is favored; for high energy pools, use Flow.   If you’re spamming your abilities and have a constant supply of energy, do both if it doesn’t interfere with another aspect of your build.

Rush: This is a personal preference mod and in my opinion does not help you nearly as much as any of the previously mentioned mods could.

Handspring:  Again, personal preference, however this one is special.  This can literally save your life against any enemy with a knockdown to use on you. It is situational but helpful against all factions in those situations.  I don’t use it anymore since I’ve gotten used to animation canceling the knockdown effects or dodging the enemy’s attack.  Once you get to that point, replace this with something else you prefer.

Aura slot: You have Physique.  Ash’s polarity slot by default is a Madurai Pol (Madurai), you’ll benefit more if you use any Madurai Pol polarity Aura mod (assuming you didn’t forma it to a Vazarin Pol ), preferably Steel Charge since that also buffs your Blade Storm’s damage in addition to giving you a few more mod capacity points compared to the other Madurai Pol polarity auras.  Eventually you might want to Forma the slot to a Naramon Pol (Naramon) polarity if you want to use Energy Siphon, Corrosive Projection, or Shield Disruption; which are very helpful aura mods to be able to use for “end game.”

Weapons:

As far as weapons go, make sure you have basic damage multiplier (eg Serration), multishot (Split Chamber), then have at least one or two elements that do extra damage to the enemies you’ll be fighting(click here for element info), and after that just look for certain things that weapon is already doing well in compared to others.  EG:  20% critical hit chance and x2.0 critical hit damage are good benchmark minimums you would have on a weapon that you would bother building for critical hits (Point Strike + Vital Sense).  Mods that increase reload speed, fire rate, range, magazine capacity, ammo pool, etc are up to your play style and preference to use as long you have the capacity for them.

Oops I typed a lot again x/

Edited by BRad_Skirata