Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alerts <3

KenDrick_The_Barbarian

Hi everyone,

I love the alert system giving you special loots when you're there at the right time, I'm following the WarframeAlerts' Twitter in order to be there for nice rewards.

I couldn't help noticing almost every nice loot like Energy Siphon, Warframes' Helmets... (except FORMA and Orokin Catalyst being rewarded in 10 hours long alerts) are always late in the night or very early in the morning and for real I cannot play at those times (like Saryn helmet dropping 5am today and energy siphon which I'm trying to get for long never dropping later then 10-11 am).

I'd just like developpers to rework the algorithm so that you can actually get nice rewards at any time of the day because a lot of players work or study and it's rly not fair to them to spawn good rewards between midnight and 12am.

Please keep this topic up :)

Have a nice day

Alert system is definitely going to need a rework soon.

Yes, let's rework the alert system so that it only really caters/favors the players in the Americas. *sarcasm*

I have 0 problems with the way the Alert system works, and in fact, I like it. Just as a heads up, I'm at -5:00 GMT (Eastern US time).

So the only thing I have to say to those who want to rework the alert system because they never get stuff...

bkCjrkh.gif

no! alerts are fine!

devs just don't wanna give you this items so easy. there is a reason why most godly alerts appear when most people sleep or at work etc.

I agree with this guy.

Edited by Letter13

no! alerts are fine!

devs just don't wanna give you this items so easy. there is a reason why most godly alerts appear when most people sleep or at work etc.

The reason is that alerts are launching when its day in america, not in europe, when you look at the times you will see they begin wehn its noon/afternoon in murica, so europe and other countries/time zones/whatever may have problems with this, they should just make regional alerts for every country, nobody has time to play an alert at 2am in germany, italy, france or spain to name some countries where this happens all the time.

Yes, let's rework the alert system so that it only really caters/favors the players in the Americas. *sarcasm*

I have 0 problems with the way the Alert system works, and in fact, I like it. Just as a heads up, I'm at -5:00 GMT (Eastern US time).

So the only thing I have to say to those who want to rework the alert system because they never get stuff...

Who said I want it to only cater to america? And fyi it usually does cater to america already. Bro you need to learn to stop assuming S#&amp;&#036; like that.

I love how the alert system works. But face it. It's a fact that it's tailored for American time zones right now. I hope DE will make it more RNG so everybody on the planet stand an equal chance. I for one, can't game at night, cause I'm at work in the day. I'm on a break right now, to anyone wondering. Anyway, I love the game and I love the RNG system, but it needs a little adjustment to make it fair to all.

Conspiracy...I'm East Coast US - have missed dozens of awesome alerts like that 3 in one day Potato spree.

The 3 potato alert day was the best ever and I missed it because of me being in NA-West timezone. So what the hell are these none US timezone people complaining about?

Conspiracy...I'm East Coast US - have missed dozens of awesome alerts like that 3 in one day Potato spree.

i live in florida and didnt missed much, and  dont miss any sleep, you might want to pay more attention to twitter, lol i missed the Ember helmet today lol, better luck next time for me

The problem is that there are people from all around the world and that is why asking for better times for alert missions will result the same thing to happen for another country players. I'd say they should just make the more frequent, longer lasting or timezone based.

EDIT: To be fair everyone who is arguing about what country they are best tailored with. The system really isn't unfair for anyone. I have missed and gained as many opportunities, good and bad ones just as much as any other time zone and so have you. Only thing that affects ones thoughts is coincidence.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

Alerts are a mixed bag for me, the vaubon stuff I miss but I work so I can buy him. On the other hand dark swords and stuff I CANT buy and miss those bc well...I work. I have to get up in the morning. It's a global game and I think the alerts should properly reflect this. They should either have the same alert 2 or 3 times a day to hit prime time (they do it with energy siphon anyways so wtf not lol) in several parts of the world.

Alternatively you could split alerts by region but that'd be a pain.

Orokin reactor and catalyst are probably the only items you'll need the most from these alert missions. But still, they're only value of ~$1.25 for each of them. And other alert goodies are the alternate helm (~$5) and misc. weapon blueprints. 

Don't kick yourself too much if you missed any of these ~$1.25 to ~$5 alert goodies. If you have part time job, it's not much. Time is money. :3

If you don't have credit card or paypal, just buy steam gift card to purchase platinum.

Edited by YTakuyaY

Orokin reactor and catalyst are probably the only items you'll need the most from these alert missions. But still, they're only value of ~$1.25 for each of them. And other alert goodies are the alternate helm (~$5) and misc. weapon blueprints. 

Don't kick yourself too much if you missed any of these ~$1.25 to ~$5 alert goodies. If you have part time job, it's not much. Time is money. :3

If you don't have credit card or paypal, just buy steam gift card to purchase platinum.

Implying gear should be worth money. Where the hell all my cosmetic items at?

No need to start picking on each other people.

The system clearly needs a rework and it's pretty bad as it currently is......

I say this because i missed stuff? Not really, i was really lucky and mostly got all the good alerts

Do i say this because of timezones? No, favoring another timezone will not fix anything, just shift the frustration to new timezones.... BETAOPTICS summed this up pretty well up there.

The already stated that a rework is needed in the hot topics for anyone interested anyways

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/58975-june-4th-community-hot-topics/

A system that actually isn't so random and more based into actually having to put some work into it rather than just being there at the right time, will probably keep everyone happy or most of the playerbase (haters gonna hate... :P). And it would actually add something to the gameplay as well.... since for me the only alerts worth doing are potato alerts (yes those ones that don't exist anymore :C....).

As a side note to OP: Potatoes (Catalysts and Reactors) and Forma Alerts are not 10-12hs buddy.... sorry to rain the cold water :(. Those 12h long alerts, are only the ones they make after livestreams.

Alerts aren't tailored to any specific timezone, it's just random.

The problem is that there are people from all around the world and that is why asking for better times for alert missions will result the same thing to happen for another country players. I'd say they should just make the more frequent, longer lasting or timezone based.

EDIT: To be fair everyone who is arguing about what country they are best tailored with. The system really isn't unfair for anyone. I have missed and gained as many opportunities, good and bad ones just as much as any other time zone and so have you. Only thing that affects ones thoughts is coincidence.

I play Warframe for 2 month, I check Alerts everyday when I come back around 1 pm (GMT+1) and let me tell you when there is a nice alert it's between 2am and 11am (for me) 95% of the time so please dont bullS#&$. I got one helmet (nyx's one) at 12 pm and that's for real the only nice loot I ever got out from a regular alert (not 10hours long).

But as soon as you're between 12pm and 12 am here (gmt+1) there NEVER is a nice alert. So why do those alerts never start when it's 6pm for me and night or morning for all of you ? ^^

I'm telling you there is no coincidence story you may just be closer to canada's timezone.

Edited by KenDrick_The_Barbarian

I play Warframe for 2 month, I check Alerts everyday when I come back around 1 pm (GMT+1) and let me tell you when there is a nice alert it's between 2am and 11am (for me) 95% of the time so please dont bullS#&$. I got one helmet (nyx's one) at 12 pm and that's for real the only nice loot I ever got out from a regular alert (not 10hours long).

But as soon as you're between 12pm and 12 am here (gmt+1) there NEVER is a nice alert. So why do those alerts never start when it's 6pm for me and night or morning for all of you ? ^^

I'm telling you there is no coincidence story you may just be closer to canada's timezone.

if you want good stuff you must quit your job. its boring and waste of live anyway.