Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Tips & Tricks

MarkDelta

Question

Hi all, so I've got my hands on Saryn Prime. Now, Saryn was my 2nd Warframe back when I started playing, but back then I was confused about any and everything so I didn't care much to try and really play her. I've just lvld her for the MR and moved on. Now that she's back in full gold, I really want to figure her out, and I'm having a though time finding out what she is. 
If I remember correctly she used to be a tanky offensive Warframe, but I haven't given her much though. I also see players using her as a debuff support frame, but she doesn't fit into that also. 

Now it's kinda funny, Equinox was pretty simple frame to master, so were all of the rest, except maybe Limbo, it took me almost 3 months to properly mod him and learn to play him (I don't watch build videos or use any help, I like to figure stuff out on my own). 

Now Saryn seems as a kinda offensive-defensive frame, but I'm not sure, she fails to do the job after 30 mins of T4S. 

So my questions are:

What is your experience with her?

How do you build her? (Range, Str, Duration, Efficiency?)
Which Aura do you usually use? (I go with Rejuvenation mostly) 

And which role suits her best by your experience?

8 answers to this question

Max range, Power, a little duration, and efficiency at 75%

THis is a Spore build for maximun DPS in "Draco" mode. 

Cast molt, spore molt, and then pop the spores with a Status weapon.

A more balanced build I sacrifice some power to increase Efficiency , and sometimes use regenerative molt.  But the strategies are the same... i just tend to pop the spores on enemies instead of the Molt

Spore build is my favorite.  Max range, then strength and duration.  Efficiency is not important because spore is cheap and if you're doing it right you only have to cast it once in a while.  You will need a weapon capable of popping spores, I prefer Hikou Prime with max fire rate, concealed explosive, and gas damage.  For survivability I use Quick Thinking and Regenerative Molt.

20 minutes ago, MarkDelta said:

So my questions are:

1. 145% range, 190% Str, 135% duration (I think. I forgot after I replaced continuity with the primed version), 100% efficiency

2. Steel Charge

3. Close combat nuking beatstick. Its a bit tough to master, but infinitely more fun and more devastating than the spore build if used correctly.

Edited by Alma_Elma

Energy Siphon-Corrosive Projection-Loot Detector / Cunning Drift

Quick Thinking / Stretch / Over Extended / Fleeting Expertise r3

Streamline / Intensify / Transient Fortitude / Primed Continuity

Range: 250%

Efficiency: 170%

Power Strength: 125%

Duration: 88%

I think range is key for Saryn. 

Cast molt, cast venom on to molt, cast toxic lash, melee attack your own molt spreading viral and toxic to all the things.

Watch your screen fill with numbers as enemies melt.

She my favorite for defense in pugs.

I`m running 164str, 100eff, 235range, 73dur build with Rage and Regen Molt. Aura is either Energy Siphon or Corrosive Projection. Works very well for all pub sorties except 3rd Grineer ones, and ones with elemental resistance.

Most notable Saryn`s mechanic is Spore blast damage being enchanced by Toxin procs and spreading some percentage of that proc in a blast radius. Gas procs are even better than pure Toxin ones, as they scale with Toxin damage mods and pop all spores in 5m AoE radius.

Cast spore on enemy - pop it, preferably with Gas proc (electric one will pop all spores too). If enemies die too fast to spread spores cast Molt, spore it and smash spores with melee slam.

Using high status weapon or Toxic Lashd melee on Molt is somewhat meaningless, spores popped from Molt dont spread Toxin procs. Altho Torid and MutaCernos create lingering gas clouds that will auto-pop all the spores you put on your Molt. Molt can also be used to block doors, pretty handy to keep LoS inside some Corpus corridor.

Best and most fitting weapon for her playstyle as of now is Quanta Vandal, in my opinion.

Here's what I use:

I tank on efficiency and go for the other stats.  You only need to cast Spores once, Molt and Miasma are situational, and Toxic Lash pays for itself, so there's no need to be a spammy caster.  I'd say range is the most important stat since it allows for easier spreading and stacking of DoTs.  I used to use Rejuvenation for my aura as well, but I prefer the burst healing of Molt, which I have no problem paying for with Rage equipped.

I can also tank to a decent level since Regenerative Molt will heal a little less then 100hp/sec since it scales with powerstrength.  A single cast heals me for about 900 health over the next 10 seconds.  If you time it out right, you will end up with way more health and energy then you started with.

I don't think she plays defensively at all, but that does not mean she cannot defend.  Her only CC is a three second stun on Miasma (Molt still melts too fast for reliable CC), so your best defense is an amazing offense.  Saryn can kill tons of enemies before they even enter line of sight, and anything that survives is at least half dead.

Most of the time, I play her with a gas built ranged weapon.  Gas procs actually pop spores in their 5m radius along with inflicting toxin procs, so anything with a decent status chance will do.  Cast Spores and fire into a crowd.  If you hit something and proc gas, it will problably pop the spores fore you and most of the enemies will die.  After the point when things can one shot me, I switch to melee and use Naramon's Shadowstep with Toxic Lash.  Be careful though; it's really easy to accidentally kill everything and have no way to refresh your stealth or combo multiplier.

On 6/17/2016 at 0:02 PM, MarkDelta said:

Hi all, so I've got my hands on Saryn Prime. Now, Saryn was my 2nd Warframe back when I started playing, but back then I was confused about any and everything so I didn't care much to try and really play her. I've just lvld her for the MR and moved on. Now that she's back in full gold, I really want to figure her out, and I'm having a though time finding out what she is. 
If I remember correctly she used to be a tanky offensive Warframe, but I haven't given her much though. I also see players using her as a debuff support frame, but she doesn't fit into that also. 

Now it's kinda funny, Equinox was pretty simple frame to master, so were all of the rest, except maybe Limbo, it took me almost 3 months to properly mod him and learn to play him (I don't watch build videos or use any help, I like to figure stuff out on my own). 

Now Saryn seems as a kinda offensive-defensive frame, but I'm not sure, she fails to do the job after 30 mins of T4S. 

So my questions are:

How is asking here any different than reading a "guide" or watching one of the many videos on Saryn? Just curious.

You are asking the exact questions those guides and videos answer ;)

Edited by (XB1)Skylancer4

On June 19, 2016 at 1:05 AM, (XB1)Skylancer4 said:

How is asking here any different than reading a "guide" or watching one of the many videos on Saryn? Just curious.

You are asking the exact questions those guides and videos answer ;)

Most of the videos on Saryn are not very good since they were created soon after the rework, when lots of people still cared but not many had tested very thoroughly.  There are some guides on the forum, and while they are helpful, it would be like reading a dictionary rather than using Google.  They both work, but one is much faster and gets you what you want sooner.