Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting back into the game after almost 3 years, which Frame do you recommend?

AdamReyy

Question

10 answers to this question

My non-specific two cents (this is what I say to everyone).

Do all the things. Play all the frames. Shoot all the guns. This is a game of variety and experimentation. You're not gonna find what you find fun by asking people in this game. You'll experience a lot more of the game by experimenting, and all in all get a hell of a lot more time and enjoyment out of it.

Hmm. As far as I know, the one that suits that most accurately would be Valkyr. She's literally fast and primarily melee if you use her 4. Wukong is a good option as well, though much harder to make because you need nitain extract. Inaros is a pretty good melee character if you have life strike for your melee, he's good without it but more power dependent on maintaining his health.

Excalibur, Wukong, and Valkyr are all good melee-oriented frames (the latter of which is arguably the best for the job since she has high armor and an ult that makes her invinicible for the most part) although Loki might be more your type, seeing as he has fast base movement speed, can go invisible to melee enemies safely, and can disarm enemy firearms to force them into melee combat.

EDIT: Completely forgot about him, but as Syn-Kyorti above me said, Inaros is also a good choice.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

If you're a newbie ATM, and you prefer female Warframes, I'd say go for Nyx first, if CC is your thing, or go for Valkyr if you want easy offense, a little CC, self buff, and godmode. However, be prepared to be flamed by people who think Valkyr is for noobs.

Otherwise, if you want a Sniper-frame, Banshee is pretty good, though difficult to use. Stealth goes to Ivara (who is also excellent as a sniper). 

Just know that there is no best frame (though some will argue that there is). Play the frames and decide which one fits you.

1 hour ago, Krumplifej said:

Inaros is really fun with a life strike melee - plays much like a blind excal, with less mobility, but way more effective HP (12 000 without abilities)

i suggest rush + armored agility on him, since he greatly benefits from armor.

I second this opinion. I currently run an Inaros with a maxed Armored Agility and R3 Rush and have 1.35 Sprint Speed. Depending what else you put on him you may require a Forma or two, but with his 1 and 4 you don't need to worry about dying if you play it smart. Since you plan on doing melee with which ever frame Inaros can use his 1 (Desiccation) to blind those looking at him which sets up for a melee finisher (heals Inaros).

Play as Excal or Rhino.  Valkyr will be jarring to play as without a full mod setup and is less reliable in the face of nullifiers since she's so dependant on her abilities War cry builds still have their uses though.

Inaros is another option but since he's only available via a quest which is only available when baro comes to town might not be an option for you at the moment.

Best option really is to get familiar with Exalted blade Excalibur builds and go from there.

Also consider picking up a new melee weapon if you decide to go with Rhino. 

Some less popular options are: Saryn-with her lash giving extra melee damage and regenerative molt for healing saryn CAN be a melee frame if you're dead set on it though some careful thought is required for anything above level 60-70. 

Ash-Most people just press 4 on Ash, but because he uses melee combo counter he can also be a really effective melee frame with the right builds and his ability to teleport ensures no target is ever too far to keep your combo counter going. 

Volt- Speed volt is still a mean thing with critical melee weapons in hand. With shocking speed augment he also stuns anything he touches while speed is active pretty much ensuring you a free opportunity to slice and dice your enemies with absurd speed though care must be taken at higher levels since volt is not a durable frame.