The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hey [DE], will the Dakra Prime and Boar Prime be receiving a balance pass upon un-vaulting?

Scottie_Auren

Both of the prime weapons releasing in the Mag un-vault have been utterly outclassed by newer, cheaper weapons. Will they be retooled to be more in line with a current release prime? or are they staying as is? Seen a lot of speculation, and some clarity would be appreciated.

The boar prime gets slowly better than the Vaykor Hek and the Sancti Tigris (when no 4x CP is present) because of how armor scaling works. Its fine

As said above, The Dakra prime is still one of the best melee weapons in the game. Why does it have to be the best?

Just now, TheGuyverOne said:

The Boar Prime received some changes with update 17 when they buffed the rest of them. The Dakra doesn't really need a buff because it's still the second best single sword in the game next to broken war.

Except it does. Ever sense the release of Broken War, Dakra P was blown straight out of the water due to BW's copy/paste stats with a damage boost. If all they do is increase Dakra's status chance, I'd be totally ok with it. As of right now, what made Dakra great is now out done by BW's straight upgrade. It needs a new niche.

Just now, Photon95 said:

Except it does. Ever sense the release of Broken War, Dakra P was blown straight out of the water due to BW's copy/paste stats with a damage boost. If all they do is increase Dakra's status chance, I'd be totally ok with it. As of right now, what made Dakra great is now out done by BW's straight upgrade. It needs a new niche.

"Buff this because this weapon is better" isn't a reason to buff it. That's just a reason to use the other weapon tbh. I'm fine one way or another but there needs to be actual justification behind a change

4 minutes ago, OzoneSlayer said:

As said above, The Dakra prime is still one of the best melee weapons in the game. Why does it have to be the best?

It doesn't need to be better than BW, it needs a comparative factor. Why would I use Boltor over Soma? Boltor has a higher base, but Soma dominates with crits.

5 minutes ago, Photon95 said:

Then what happens? The other single swords fall behind, and people will want those buffed and it starts an endless chain of people wanting changes. The broken war, along with war and any other sentient type weapons that come into the game are meant to be op as they're few and far between.

3 minutes ago, TheGuyverOne said:

Then what happens? The other single swords fall behind, and people will want those buffed and it starts an endless chain of people wanting changes. The broken war, along with war and any other sentient type weapons that come into the game are meant to be op as they're few and far between.

Exactly this. In addition why out of ALL of the other swords that are basically different looking skanas does the Dakra need a buff?

Mastery is a thing too. Weaker single swords at lower ranks allow newer players access to the weapon type when they can't get the better stuff. 2nd dream requires rank 5, and Dakra unlocks at 6, so both swords are justifiably stronger.

Just now, Photon95 said:

Mastery is a thing too. Weaker single swords at lower ranks allow newer players access to the weapon type when they can't get the better stuff. 2nd dream requires rank 5, and Dakra unlocks at 6, so both swords are justifiably stronger.

Mastery has almost no correlation to power. If you want I can give a list

12 minutes ago, OzoneSlayer said:

"Buff this because this weapon is better" isn't a reason to buff it. That's just a reason to use the other weapon tbh. I'm fine one way or another but there needs to be actual justification behind a change

balance.
so that there is an actual reason to use both Weapons.

very simple concept.
all Weapons fall into the same boat. applies to all Weapons.

The devs have said they want to rework mastery requirements across the board. As of right now, yes, mastery doesn't matter much besides the higher starting mod cap (which is still nice), but in the long run, if they end up changing everything, there needs to be a sense of progression as you increase rank.

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

balance.

very simple concept.

Dakra is the second best single sword and there are at least 12 weapons that are essentially skana skins. Dakra is sortie viable. 

12 minutes ago, Photon95 said:

there needs to be a sense of progression as you increase rank.

'progression' is what kills Video Games.
(sigh)

10 minutes ago, OzoneSlayer said:

Dakra is the second best single sword and there are at least 12 weapons that are essentially skana skins. Dakra is sortie viable. 

which has nothing to do with lack of interesting choices. on lots of Weapons, including Dakra Prime.

Edited by taiiat

which has nothing to do with lack of interesting choices. on lots of Weapons, including Dakra Prime.

My point is that you guys want the dakra prime buffed, and are leaving the rest of the entire category(with worse stats) alone. The category needs buffs(minus b war). Its completely illogical

Edited by OzoneSlayer

14 minutes ago, taiiat said:

balance.

very simple concept.

You shouldnt want to make ALL weapons viable, there would be no sense of progression if the Skana was just as strong as broken war or dakra prime. What purpose would having different weapons serve if they were all the same? I could understand this mindset in pvp, but not in pve. 

'progression' is what kills Video Games.
(sigh)

Explain please

The Boar Prime that I use does pretty well. People say Impact damage sucks but it really doesn't. The Impact proc can endlessly stagger enemies until you kill them. 

I also heard lots of times that the Dakra Prime was always one of the top tier straight swords, so I do not really see how it needs a buff. 

50 minutes ago, TheGuyverOne said:

The Boar Prime received some changes with update 17 when they buffed the rest of them. The Dakra doesn't really need a buff because it's still the second best single sword in the game next to broken war.

Third best single sword, you mean... Prisma Skana with Bright Purity begs to differ.

I frequently use the Boar prime, and it's usually my go to shotgun, particularly in shotgun only sortie. 

I think people underestimate how powerful 100% status can be.

I would actually agree with you, if Boar Prime hasn't been nerfed. 100% status chance is great, but there's no excuse for it causing mere 28k-32k burst damage, when it used to cause much more with a 100% status chance."Oh but it's still 32k burst damage!", or it would be, however you only cause a part of that damage due to spread, and so Boar prime does need a buff.

Edited by DreadWarlock

2 minutes ago, DreadWarlock said:

Third best single sword, you mean... Prisma Skana with Bright Purity begs to differ.

It does less dps dude since dakra benefits more from elemental mods. And has an extra mod slot for even more damage. Prisma skana needs bright purity to CATCH UP

7 minutes ago, OzoneSlayer said:

It does less dps dude since dakra benefits more from elemental mods. And has an extra mod slot for even more damage. Prisma skana needs bright purity to CATCH UP

It does not catch up, it surpasses.

I've already made full builds for all three of them. Even using the free slot, Dakra still fall behind Prisma Skana by a bit. Broken War still surpasses both due to absurd base damage, but crits makes Prisma Skana win over Dakra Prime.

Edited by DreadWarlock

1 minute ago, DreadWarlock said:

It does not catch up, it surpasses.

I've already made full build for all three of them. Even using the free slot, Dakra still fall behind Prisma Skana by a bit. Broken War still surpasses both due to absurd base damage, but crits makes Prisma Skana win over Dakra Prime.

Build?

3 minutes ago, OzoneSlayer said:

Build?

My "S" and "A" keys are a bit, how can I say... broken. Skullgirls killed those poor keys with it's 50-hit combos, and so a few mispells are unavoidable, i'm afraid.

Edited by DreadWarlock