Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

new to warframe..would appreciate any help

(PSN)GuacGaming

Question

14 answers to this question

Welcome to Warframe!

If you have an questions, the wiki (warframe.wikia.com) is going to be a great resource for you. Also, I always suggest to new players never to sell a warframe or weapon for credits until it's maxed out. That gives you time to figure out how to use it and saves you the effort of releveling it for missing mastery later. Furthermore, don't get caught up in getting the "best" stuff right away. Play what you find fun and go from there. The Meta can wait.

Also, about your Kubrow. Huras are great. They'll stealth you when they see enemies, which can help you out a lot starting out.

As a personal recommendation for kubrows, just focus on the types of kubrows and what they do. Kubrow selective breeding is more of a collectors/tinkerer's task, and shouldn't be top priority for a new player. To answer your title question, all questions can be answered by the usually-helpful replies to any future questions you have, the various guides available on youtube or the forums you are looking at right now, or whatever other sources you can find, but usually a general question is needed. I'd love to write a comprehensive guide right here right now, but that would be arduous and unneeded, so again, just look for specific questions when they come up.

Enjoy your stay in Warframe!

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Welcome to Warframe

The first thing I always recommend to new players is that they focus on playing and finishing all 260 mission nodes on the star chart.

Finishing nodes and planets opens up more alerts and invasions (and soon void tears) that offer better rewards.

Tbh he should wait till specter of the rail since u get all the mastery points from conjunctions

1 minute ago, maxyboy400 said:

Tbh he should wait till specter of the rail since u get all the mastery points from conjunctions

We don't know how mastery rank points will be distributed for nodes with Specters of the Rail, so I recommend he goes ahead and does all of them for the free two weapons worth of xp.

Just now, TheGunSlanger said:

We don't know how mastery rank points will be distributed for nodes with Specters of the Rail, so I recommend he goes ahead and does all of them for the free two weapons worth of xp.

I'm not saying he shouldn't but I'm pretty sure Steve said conjunctions give all mastery points from planet hope I'm not starting a argument xD

Just now, maxyboy400 said:

I'm not saying he shouldn't but I'm pretty sure Steve said conjunctions give all mastery points from planet hope I'm not starting a argument xD

I haven't looked at the devstreams, so most recaps probably missed that. My fault on that, if that's the case then he can grind it out post-Specters.

Just now, TheGunSlanger said:

I haven't looked at the devstreams, so most recaps probably missed that. My fault on that, if that's the case then he can grind it out post-Specters.

But then again. It may be Umbria we have to fight in conjunctions. Dun dun dun

Welcome, the huras is a good kubrow type, but depending on what stage you're at maintaining a kubrow can be difficult. As TheGunSlanger said don't worry about kubrow imprints. The huras grants stealth so if that's your playstyle then it's a good match.

6 minutes ago, maxyboy400 said:

But then again. It may be Umbria we have to fight in conjunctions. Dun dun dun

OOOOOOOH! I didn't even THINK of that! That would actually be a really good way to introduce them, if they're meant to be this "dark side" of warframes.

I would suggest no matter how many credits you have or need, DO NOT sell your mods. 

Some people underestimate the value of their early mods because they may not see the benefits they have so early. (I made that mistake)

Just have fun, enjoy the challenge, be a student until you're ready to be a teacher and get as many of your friends to start playing that you can, it's better with friends.