Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

high ping

(XBOX)josh11770

Question

ever since version 16 i've been getting these high ping messages, i didnt think anything of them until today i got one that said the ping was 11806ms wyhat is going on with my game? my  internet and connection quality on every other game is just fine its only here i have freakishly high ping/

12 answers to this question

Now, I don't know much about this so my answer could be complete balony, but from what I can tell, ping isn't affected by your download speed. You could have a high speed internet with 100mbps and have high ping (again, not 100% sure) so if you're only having this problem with Warframe, it's an internal problem you have with the game. I didn't have this problem myself on both PC or PS4, so I don't have a solid answer, but I would definately recommend you getting an Ethernet cord (cat 5) if you haven't already. Wired is always better if not for the inconvenience. Always.

You need to think about connection speeds in Warframe like p2p connections.
If everything else runs fine, probably your network speed is great, however, the ping measures the connection speed between you and the server you are connecting to. Since you are not connecting to a game server, but another players computer, if fluctuates quite a lot.

In short: it's not your connection that's bad, it's the people that you play with.

Take a look at settings, maybe you have set a region that's not fit for you. Distance between players have quit an impact on ping, so, for example, if you are from Europa, you want to play on European servers with European players. Thou I`m not sure how regions work for xbox

• Connection Speed has nothing to do with Ping.
  • and... Ping is only one part of Latency.
  • the quality P2P sessions, like any Internet connection, is dependent on the connection between you and whatever is acting as the Server. this includes all of the (not all that inoften, more than a dozen) jump points it'll bounce through in routing to the destination.
  • if you're consistently getting these high Ping messages - then your Connection is not very stable / of questionable quality (because it can't be the fault of the Host if this happens when playing with hundreds of different people). if you're using Wi-Fi, that's likely to be the cause. but your Connection could also just actually be not that stable.
3 hours ago, Rociel said:

if you are from Europa

dayum, that would be some serious Latency.

11k ping is kinda mind boggling, usually anything over 1k in Warframe and it will feel weird, my usual group I play with consists of east coasters, west coast, and some central whenever we try and join on each other we get that message but it's about 4-7 hundred ping which you barely notice if at all on Warframe, other games oh yeah you would notice that. That 11k ping though...

I had this same issue with another game called overwatch. Try ending streaming services, such as skype, spotify, and discord. What fixed the problem for me was doing a selective boot on my PC, but I dont want you to do that because i do not want to risk anything further going wrong.

Just now, CKNPOTPIE said:

I had this same issue with another game called overwatch. Try ending streaming services, such as skype, spotify, and discord. What fixed the problem for me was doing a selective boot on my PC, but I dont want you to do that because i do not want to risk anything further going wrong.

i'm on the xbox one anyway i don't really play this on pc i dont even think i went past 15 on pc b/c why would i go through the trouble of getting 21 frames all over again?

11 minutes ago, (XB1)josh11770 said:

i'm on the xbox one anyway i don't really play this on pc i dont even think i went past 15 on pc b/c why would i go through the trouble of getting 21 frames all over again?

Yeah I guess I should have read your name. Is your xbox wireless or is it plugged in via an ethernet cable?

its wireless, tho at the time the only wireless things on were my laptop at the desktop and my tablet, in sleep mode,other than the xbox.

it's too far from the router for an ethernet cable, else i would have it plugged in.

Edited by (XB1)josh11770

23 minutes ago, (XB1)josh11770 said:

its wireless, tho at the time the only wireless things on were my laptop at the desktop and my tablet, in sleep mode,other than the xbox.

it's too far from the router for an ethernet cable, else i would have it plugged in.

You said this happened after an update correct? It is possible that something might have been corrupted during the download that hasnt been fixed by a hotfix. Try either a.) verifying files (if there is a way to do that on console) or b.) reinstalling the game, to get all of the fresh files.