The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Crashing Still...will this ever stop?

RamboTowel

So, ive gotten back to playing warframe for about a month now and i've fallen in love... it reminds me somewhat of the old PSU but with a modern twist... BUT im having these crashes, after about 20-30 minutes of game play(sometimes less and sometimes longer) the game crashes and leaves me sitting here sad that my progress in whatever i was doing is all gone. 

Now I have done much digging before posting here but it seems I'm out of options... I've disabled both Dx10 and 11 I've tried everything from wallpaper changes to Lowering EVERYTHING in game, and all that is in-between. 

i dont know what to do if anyone has found a fix to this problem or am i just doomed to have this happen to me.

thanks in advance

Edited by RamboTowel

When your game crashes, are you receiving a crash reporter popup which lets you submit crash data (and subsequently spits out a WAR-###### number)?

Also, how does your game crash? Does it lock up and you need to force quit, does it just crash to desktop? Bluscreen, etc?

3 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

When your game crashes, are you receiving a crash reporter popup which lets you submit crash data (and subsequently spits out a WAR-###### number)?

Also, how does your game crash? Does it lock up and you need to force quit, does it just crash to desktop? Bluscreen, etc?

when it crashes it just goes straight to desktop then giving me a report popup to where i can submit it.

Just now, RamboTowel said:

when it crashes it just goes straight to desktop then giving me a report popup to where i can submit it.

Submit the report, then copy down the WAR-###### number it provides. This number will allow DE support staff to track down the submitted crash data. 

Once you have a WAR-###### from the reporter (after submission), you should create a Support Ticket to contact support. Make sure you include the WAR-###### from the crash reporter in the ticket so that staff can get the relevant crash data to investigate the cause.

In the meanwhile, I'd suggest running a cache verification check from the Warframe launcher settings (if you haven't already done so), as well as making sure that all of your PC's hardware drivers are up to date. 

1 minute ago, Letter13 said:

Submit the report, then copy down the WAR-###### number it provides. This number will allow DE support staff to track down the submitted crash data. 

Once you have a WAR-###### from the reporter (after submission), you should create a Support Ticket to contact support. Make sure you include the WAR-###### from the crash reporter in the ticket so that staff can get the relevant crash data to investigate the cause.

In the meanwhile, I'd suggest running a cache verification check from the Warframe launcher settings (if you haven't already done so), as well as making sure that all of your PC's hardware drivers are up to date. 

The worst part is i have done all of that, aside from the support ticket ive tried everything under the sun it seems, from the little things to the larger ones. i guess ill just wait for another crash and submit the ticket... wont have to wait long

Just now, RamboTowel said:

The worst part is i have done all of that, aside from the support ticket ive tried everything under the sun it seems, from the little things to the larger ones. i guess ill just wait for another crash and submit the ticket... wont have to wait long

Submitting a ticket is the most important part, because that's how you can get assistance of DE support staff who know how to diagnose game crashes.

14 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Submitting a ticket is the most important part, because that's how you can get assistance of DE support staff who know how to diagnose game crashes.

that wasnt long at all. the ticket is in i know they are not monitored at this time but i will be checking in.

8 hours ago, Vesiga said:

4 hours?? you need a better team >_> 

it was my first time and the first time of my partners too the rules was nobody sees a guide/walthrough so only us could figure how to advance

i was really liking it but i wanted to smash my console after that

8 hours ago, RamboTowel said:

ive tried that when i was a pc player they always sended to me prerecorded messages

1 minute ago, (XB1)Closegato said:

i know the question is for OP but ill answer anyway

no i play many other games but only warframe crashes

Well yeah, but you're on an Xbox One, so there's little we can suggest to fix your crash on there. PC is usually a different matter, you know. :)

Sorry to hear you are having trouble! :-(

I know crashes can be insanely frustrating, especially during the last part of a trial you have worked for hours to get through, etc, etc....

A couple of Questions:

1.  What is your Video Card & do you have the latest drivers for it?  If not I would recommend updating them.

2. Like @Letter13 suggested above, try verifying and then optimizing your cache from the launcher (top right corner --> Gear wheel).  (Unless you play through Steam? -- I believe they have their own launcher / verification method.  (Correct me if I am wrong plz!)

3. If worst comes to worst, I would try a full clean re-download / install.  (Maybe wait to hear back from support before you try this unless you have enough bandwidth to do so quickly.

--------------------------

Moving this to PC Beta Bugs ---> Performance so that it will hopefully be seen by someone at DE or with more tech savvy who can help you further see what is causing the issue.

Your System Specs (if you care to list them) would probably potentially help diagnose the issue.

IE:  Operating System -- 32 or 64 bit?  Type of GPU, Processor.  Laptop or Desktop?

For instance, I'm currently running Windows 10, 64 bit. - Laptop

Intel I7-5500U CPU @ 2.4 Ghz 

NVidia Geforce GTX 950m (latest drivers)

256 GB SSD 

8 GB RAM

-----------------------

If you don't know exactly what you are running, you can find all of this info by typing "dxdiag" within your Start ---> Search Windows bar and running DXdiag

Hope you get this resolved soon! :-(

1 minute ago, (PS4)Crackle2012 said:

Sorry to hear you are having trouble! :-(

I know crashes can be insanely frustrating, especially during the last part of a trial you have worked for hours to get through, etc, etc....

A couple of Questions:

1.  What is your Video Card & do you have the latest drivers for it?  If not I would recommend updating them.

2. Like @Letter13 suggested above, try verifying and then optimizing your cache from the launcher (top right corner --> Gear wheel).  (Unless you play through Steam? -- I believe they have their own launcher / verification method.  (Correct me if I am wrong plz!)

3. If worst comes to worst, I would try a full clean re-download / install.  (Maybe wait to hear back from support before you try this unless you have enough bandwidth to do so quickly.

--------------------------

Moving this to PC Beta Bugs ---> Performance so that it will hopefully be seen by someone at DE or with more tech savvy who can help you further see what is causing the issue.

Your System Specs (if you care to list them) would probably potentially help diagnose the issue.

IE:  Operating System -- 32 or 64 bit?  Type of GPU, Processor.  Laptop or Desktop?

For instance, I'm currently running Windows 10, 64 bit. - Laptop

Intel I7-5500U CPU @ 2.4 Ghz 

NVidia Geforce GTX 950m (latest drivers)

256 GB SSD 

8 GB RAM

-----------------------

If you don't know exactly what you are running, you can find all of this info by typing "dxdiag" within your Start ---> Search Windows bar and running DXdiag

Hope you get this resolved soon! :-(

Im running windows 7 64bit 

intel i7 377k 3.0gz  Desktop

Gtx 680 latest drivers

16g of ram.

238g ssd with 2tb behind it

3 minutes ago, RamboTowel said:

Im running windows 7 64bit 

intel i7 377k 3.0gz  Desktop

Gtx 680 latest drivers

16g of ram.

238g ssd with 2tb behind it

Awesome, thank you!  

Is there anything you are doing specifically when you are crashing?  

Ie:  Always happens in liset?  Certain mission?  or just roughly 30 minutes in -- and it doesn't matter where you are?

only during missions (does not matter what mission) around 20 -30 minutes of game play in missions. So lets say i do and Ext mission that takes 10 minutes, a survival mission after that would only last about 10-15 minutes.

2 minutes ago, RamboTowel said:

only during missions (does not matter what mission) around 20 -30 minutes of game play in missions. So lets say i do and Ext mission that takes 10 minutes, a survival mission after that would only last about 10-15 minutes.

Hmm, ok.  That is definitely odd, I am sorry but I am at a loss at the moment.  Do you play through Steam or the stand-alone launcher, and have you tried Verifying / Optimizing your Cache?

Just now, (PS4)Crackle2012 said:

Ok, well -- I am very sorry to hear this is happening.  I'm unfortunately out of suggestions.  :-(

Your best bet is to wait on support at this point, I think, as they will get your War # and be able to pinpoint the problem very quickly.

yeah thats what im waiting on now.

thanks for the help though:)

38 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

Well yeah, but you're on an Xbox One, so there's little we can suggest to fix your crash on there. PC is usually a different matter, you know. :)

well i played on pc long time ago rank 6 or 9 i dont remeber but i moved to xbox because my friends plays on xbox

On 6/26/2016 at 11:02 AM, (PS4)Crackle2012 said:

Hmm, ok.  That is definitely odd, I am sorry but I am at a loss at the moment.  Do you play through Steam or the stand-alone launcher, and have you tried Verifying / Optimizing your Cache?

so..... i popped out a ram chip and all is good now...... i was thinking it could be a hardware issue.. its been good for 6 hours ill keep monitoring it, others might be having the same problem and its not client/game related.