Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Help

Vicesii

Question

Hi, I am new to this game and I have difficult time deciding whether I sell my Excalibur to free a warframe slot for Rhino because I heard that Rhino will make my life easier for completing nodes or just keep Excalibur. I know there is two warframe slots but I already decided the frame for the second slot, it will be Loki. Thanks.    

6 answers to this question

You can't sell your only Warframe. The game will put up an error message. Go ahead and claim Rhino and try both. Later when you know more about the game you can sell one or the other, or trade items to earn plat for a third slot to put Loki in.

Edited by VKhaun

I suggest you keep it and buy a new slot. you will definitely need excalibur and use it at a later stage.

Don't do the same mistake i did, to save 20 plat i sold it, then had to work so hard to get it back

only sell normal frames if you have their prime version, Example: u can sell loki if you have or when you get loki prime or ember if you have ember prime and so on.

That's my opinion.

TBH, that early on, I can't really recommend Loki, he is very Mod-dependent (Duration & Efficiency for staying invisible),
more sturdy Frames like Excal and Rhino will serve you better until you've got a wider / stronger Mod selection.

You can get Platinum for Warframe slots and whatnot (BTW, use your starter Plat on those as well as weapon slots)
via trading (at Mastery Rank 2), Trading Chat (and lol Maroo's Bazaar) might seem a bit intimidating / chaotic but it's worth it, heh.

Edited by NinjaZeku

TBH both frames are good however if your looking for more of a survivability factor than rhino is your option that is if you mod him correctly. 

Excaliber can also do the same however as you are a new player the required mods essential to build excalibers ultimate surivilability (which is his exalted blade) will be minimal there fore you would be flanked left, right and centre with gun fire and getting downed probably most of the time. 

Now dont take it for my word only, its your option how to play, mod and choose your frame however if it were me rhino will be my option. 

Of course there is an option to purchase warframe slots for 25p, however if you are in dire need of plat then i would recommend playing void missions  or sorties to acquire weapon parts to sell them off. 

Assuming you haven't used it, just use your starter plat to buy another slot (and some more weapon slots while you're at it). 

Even if you did use your starter play, I'd still recommend not selling Excalibur. 2 frames gives you some diversity, and Loki is far off on Neptune. You should be able to trade for a bit of plat for another slot by then.