Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Prime Build (Power Duration Vs Power Strength)

Circle_of_Psi

Question

Hay Guys, just a real quick qeastion. What are your personal feelings on both Vortex & Bastille build, where this aims mostly to make both Powerful and CC, and I want to kown what you fokes build for. To me it looks somewhat like this, of what I have learned and seen.

Power Duration: Makes them last much longer and able to stay on the map longer, but the range of both fields lower down, so less people can fit in. Same goes for attraction range, so less people will be able to be sucked in.

Power Strength: Alot more Damage & much higher CC, Vortex will be alot more deadly, but don't last so long and costs alot more power, for Bastille to be alot stronger and hold more Mobs.

Power Range: Allows the fields to be longer, but less people can join the field, and vortex's sucking range is alot higher.

So, fokes atm Im thinking a Hybrid of P.S & P.D, but not so much range. As I want to deal nice damage with Vortex and Mineslayer and effects last longer, along with Bestill to last longer, and have more mobs inside. So any tips, or any ideas?. 

This is my Build so far: http://goo.gl/4EAhZ3 

Tbh, depends on what you want to do.

If you're just there for support, F*** power strenght. There is no reason at  all to build for that - you'll get enough range out of Vortex and Bastille not to care about the number of targets suspended in the slightest. Bonus points, if you want, for the Repelling Bastille augment.

The only reason i'd ever build for Strenght in a Vauban is for an anti-scaling build that uses high Strenght and Shred grenades coupled with Vortexes to do endurance runs.

Vauban is considered a crowd control rather than offensive. 

Therefore power duration is essential for bastille as well as the vortex. Duration focuses more on delaying the enemy to get to the objective.

Now somewhere you would have to sacrifice the strength and thats when using the "repelling bastille mod" comes into place to counteract the fall back on how many bastille can hold. 

Of course this is my setup and its how i like to play so dont purely rely on what i said however feel free to do.

If you are worried about doing damage.  Just carry a tonkor and clear out some grouped enemies that get stuck on your bastille at a choke point.  I have a Max range/Duration Vauban with about 40% power but i can still get around 25%-35% Damage done to enemies in the team in a Hiercon mission

Alright fokes, so after looking at this video, I've come across another issue:

On AGGP's video here, it shows him useing the Bastille Argument Build and another build that does not. So both builds here is moreless what I'm after. (you may need to watch this to make sure)

The Build: So I'm after a build that allows his Bastille to hold as much mobs as possible, but able to last quite some time, as people suggeted me to. The range whuold be ideal as well, for a bigger field. (So the 2nd in this build video)

So, Im wanting to hold down atleast about 15-19 or 20 mods, but able to make the fields last long as they can. Same goes for Vortex, I want it to draw in as meny mobs as it can, while being high damaging (I don't expect it to kill, just enough damage, to drain their HP).

As well, I'm wanting to make Minelayer as effective as possbile, mostly to make Sherd/Cons & Tripwire to be nice damage and their beduffs

So, if anyone can help me with that, that be great..

Edited by LegionCynex
Edited For Clarity

In that case check this anti-scaling build i use to do endurance solo runs:

• Aura Corrosive Projection
  • Exilus Cunning Drift
  • Intensify, Blind Rage, Primed Continuity, Narrow Minded, Overextended, Streamline, Fleeting Expertise, Quick Thinking

Totals at 169% Strenght, 194% Duration, 139% Range and 135% Efficiency. Aim of the build is having a good Bastille/Vortex to carpetbomb with Shred Grenades that, together with CP, get around 77% armour removal.

EDIT: mind that i run this with a maxed Energy Overflow. And i had forgotten to list Quick Thinking xD

EDIT2: technically if you feel confident about it you can swap out Streamline for a Primed Flow - your efficiency will suffer but you'll have much more maneuvring room with your bigger energy pool. A matter of preferences i guess. And your effective energy pool would be higher (671.05 with PFlow versus 346.15 with Streamline)

Edited by Autongnosis

1 hour ago, Autongnosis said:

In that case check this anti-scaling build i use to do endurance solo runs:

• Aura Corrosive Projection
  • Exilus Cunning Drift
  • Intensify, Blind Rage, Primed Continuity, Narrow Minded, Overextended, Streamline, Fleeting Expertise, Quick Thinking

Totals at 169% Strenght, 194% Duration, 139% Range and 135% Efficiency. Aim of the build is having a good Bastille/Vortex to carpetbomb with Shred Grenades that, together with CP, get around 77% armour removal.

EDIT: mind that i run this with a maxed Energy Overflow. And i had forgotten to list Quick Thinking xD

EDIT2: technically if you feel confident about it you can swap out Streamline for a Primed Flow - your efficiency will suffer but you'll have much more maneuvring room with your bigger energy pool. A matter of preferences i guess. And your effective energy pool would be higher (671.05 with PFlow versus 346.15 with Streamline)

Thanks for this, I do want to note that I don't use CP on any of my frames, due to I don't find it useful, As I don't go on LoTs, but thanks for this build, this sounds good.

Anyone else with suggestions?

How to play booben:

1.Build with max duration and max range, power str doesn't matter. Use all 3 range mods, and all 3 duration mods. Max out your efficiency(fleeting expertise rank 4, streamline). Get both repelling bastille and perpetual vortex. Depending on the mission, swap one out for a redirection. 

2.Booben is french, therefore use your charm to seduce a nova prime into your squad.

3.Have your honeymoon in the void, using vortex to suck in 20 or so enemies while she nukes them.

4.Pray to RNGesus

5.???

6.Profit

@Autongnosis

With the build you have provided me I have a few qeastions I'll like to ask, along with anyone else who may have the same type of build. The followings are:

1. How Mney Mobs, Can This Hold, Before It Gives Them The Boot?

2. How Much Range & How Long, Can This Stay Up

3. How Effective is Vortex, How Much Damage & Suction Range Does It Have?

4. Does His Augs (Vortex and Bestill) Work well With This Build? (Not Telsa Link)

Bastille holds up 20 mobs, lasts for around 29.5s and has a 13.9m radius.

Vortex hasn't the best range (8.3m) but it stays up a long time (23.7s). It is effective for what the build aims to achieve, which is fight against armour scaling to do endurance runs. Incidentally Shred grenades have exactly the same range as the Vortex.

The damage Vortex deals, in my experience, is a completely useless thing even at maxed power strenght tbh. I don't even notice it actually does damage most of the time.

The augments do not really mesh that well with the build, first and foremost due to mod slots constraint (you'd be really hard pressed to find the spot for any one) and second because the one for Vortex is pretty lacklustre anyway and Repelling Bastille doesn't really work with a Bastille that holds up 20 enemies due to the fact that you almost never reach the cap anyway unless you actively ignore your bastille not Killing anything,

11 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

Bastille holds up 20 mobs, lasts for around 29.5s and has a 13.9m radius.

Vortex hasn't the best range (8.3m) but it stays up a long time (23.7s). It is effective for what the build aims to achieve, which is fight against armour scaling to do endurance runs. Incidentally Shred grenades have exactly the same range as the Vortex.

The damage Vortex deals, in my experience, is a completely useless thing even at maxed power strenght tbh. I don't even notice it actually does damage most of the time.

The augments do not really mesh that well with the build, first and foremost due to mod slots constraint (you'd be really hard pressed to find the spot for any one) and second because the one for Vortex is pretty lacklustre anyway and Repelling Bastille doesn't really work with a Bastille that holds up 20 enemies due to the fact that you almost never reach the cap anyway unless you actively ignore your bastille not Killing anything,

Thanks, I'll be looking into what I can do..

On 6/27/2016 at 5:24 PM, Autongnosis said:

-snip-

Hay Autognosis

So, here is my build so far, I will need to forma it at some point, but its about 3-4 Froma this will cost me, which is fine.

http://goo.gl/BzUt9Y

With this set up this, leaves me with this type of effect where all my effects are in the green and positives, with no red downs

https://postimg.org/image/vl2vb2dup/

As you can see, I have the E.S Aura, due to this is the best Aura I enjoy the most, and I've gone for Concation Dirft, to make my Aura Stonger and more effeative, this way I can regain Energy alot faster.

Now I have to ask, with my Aura set up, Whuold it be ideal to stick with Primed Flow, over Streamline?, Cuz a higher energy pool might be nice, so I can use more of my powers, but the cost of them might be a bigger pain.

As well, I want to point out that I also have a Maxed out: transient fortitude (well besides one point), whuold it be ideal to put that in rather maybe like Insestfire or another mod?

Lastly, what about the Vortex Augment? 

P.S With this build in mind, due to I don't and never will use CP (Unless its a frame build to take on Armored mobs, like the Ember build Im working on)

Whuold it still be ideal to get the other Aug from him, as well?, or still no?

Also, if I can fit it in Im also wanting Armored Agility, to make him a bit faster on his feet and more Protection 

Lastly, I will be giveing him a full set of  Arcane Guardian to help his Armor even more

Edited by LegionCynex

Well, technically unless you run a maxed Zenurik focus tree you'd be better off with Streamline because you wouldn't be able to refill your energy pool enough to cast enough to keep you alive.

I would personally drop coaction drift purely because i personally dont feel 124% range is enough - you might have a different view though so try it out and decide what you like best :)

I went with Intensify as the second strenght mod due to duration problems.

Vortex augment is in my opinion a wasted slot. You can just recast it and have exactly the same effect, even better actually, since if you cast it at the limit of the absorbption range of the existing one you'll cover a lot more area and suck up the mobs stuck in the oder vortex into the newer one when the older one expires, giving you exactly the same effect as perpetual vortex.

As far as defensive mods go, i wouldn't really go into armour/vigor tbh. Even at 100 armour vauban P is still extremely squishy and won't really be doing any armour tanking tbh. I prefer Quick Thinking. Then again, it's a question of preference, see what yoou like best.

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 3:13 AM, LegionCynex said:

@Autongnosis  Thats the thing, I whuold rather have more mobs, then just 4

@(PS4)OWNINGBOT Ahhh, I see, and any more takers want to share their ideas?, Cuz I want to kown how well a PS whuold be. But as it stands, a high Duration and Range is Key.

This is a build I use when I'm expecting to see a lot of energy-draining Eximus enemies, against Grineer and Infested mostly. The Perpetual Vortex augment lets you get Vortexes that last for 5 minutes, which lets you control choke points quite nicely. Not everyone likes Perpetual Vortex and you don't always camp, so if you're planning on being a bit more mobile it may not work as well for you. Zenurik focus or a Trinity helps immensely.

I run this as a more generalist build.

I haven't had much luck with Repelling Bastille but you can always experiment with that.

17 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

Well, technically unless you run a maxed Zenurik focus tree you'd be better off with Streamline because you wouldn't be able to refill your energy pool enough to cast enough to keep you alive.

I would personally drop coaction drift purely because i personally dont feel 124% range is enough - you might have a different view though so try it out and decide what you like best :)

I went with Intensify as the second strenght mod due to duration problems.

Vortex augment is in my opinion a wasted slot. You can just recast it and have exactly the same effect, even better actually, since if you cast it at the limit of the absorbption range of the existing one you'll cover a lot more area and suck up the mobs stuck in the oder vortex into the newer one when the older one expires, giving you exactly the same effect as perpetual vortex.

As far as defensive mods go, i wouldn't really go into armour/vigor tbh. Even at 100 armour vauban P is still extremely squishy and won't really be doing any armour tanking tbh. I prefer Quick Thinking. Then again, it's a question of preference, see what yoou like best.

Alright, I'll stick with streamline then ^^, so thanks for that suggestion! (if only a Primed streamline existed), As for my Concoction Drift mod, this makes Energy Sipton very powerful, you regain Energy so quickly, not as fast when you pick up orbs sure but its quite nice. I have't found any more useful ones besides that one of yet. 

As for the two Aug-mods, thank you for that suggestion, Yes I rather have it be better, now as for Defsetive mods, I always go for Vigor on all Warframes, regardless, as it helps keep me alive. Quick thinking is best used for super squishy frames, like Limbo. Tho with my Dift and Energy Siphon, it might not be a bad idea.

Exactly. Do mind though that i use that build with an Arcane Energise set and a maxed Zenurik, which means that basically i have 4e/s regeneration for the whole mission and every time i pick up an energy orb i have a 40% chance of getting  125 energy instead of just 25.

41 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

Exactly. Do mind though that i use that build with an Arcane Energise set and a maxed Zenurik, which means that basically i have 4e/s regeneration for the whole mission and every time i pick up an energy orb i have a 40% chance of getting  125 energy instead of just 25.

I don't think that whuold be a big issue for me, but funny enough, I do have or I am planning on making Vauban Run with Zerurik, due to it just fits so well, for some reason in my eyes. same goes for Limbo. However leveling it, is a pain. as there is no effective way of leveling it fast.

Edit: Also, the Arcane Im going for is the one that gives a Armor boost, when damaged, as it will proc quite alot, when I use it. However I might take it consideration of useing what you use. 

Edited by LegionCynex

UPDATE: From past update above ^^

So, here is my build plan, please excuse my poor editing skills, but this is moreless what I have in mind:

Mu_Build_Plan.jpg

I'll Froma two D slots, where Over-Extended & Blind Rage are placed. Where the Blind Rage is atm, has already been Formed and where Blind rage will sit. Now I have a choice I can Froma the 2 Ys, in or I can leave them for what other mods I whuold like. The Dash will have Fleeting Exp, that was already there from the start.

However my plan is to Froma another Y slot, to put in a Intensify or the Transient Fortunate (What ever is best, please let me kown), I also will still keep my Vigor, due to its too useful, As well I am still debating on if I want the Armor Arcane (On Hit) or the Energy Arcane (On Pickup). While I have have alot more Armor, to suck up damage, Energy might be more ideal.

Tho, the fact is, Eng Orbs do not drop so much, then I'll like, but then agien, I'll have to see    

Also, I am wanting to put another Dash slot, for my Exlis, where Con-Drift will go. So thats about 3-4 more Froma, if I wish to still go for the kicker Y slot. However I may also want to put a another D slot, for Armored Agility.