The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the operator really in the ship or somewhere else?

(PSN)OWNINGBOT

On 6/26/2016 at 10:03 AM, DrBorris said:

And I love how people just buy the "Void magic makes it seem bigger" stuff for the inside of the Liset. Come on now, it is a wee bit ridiculous that all of that stuff is inside of our little stealth kite (something irl Ninjas were rumored to use), I imagine the Liset more as a motorcycle than a motorhome. What we have now feels more like a navigation room for the Orbiter and if DE would embrace that more, they could open up some more creativity in the design/layout of the Navigation room.

I'm almost certain that it was the developers who said that the Liset is larger on the inside.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)MAveric215 said:

If the top part is the Liset, then how do the tenno get to the rotating door they use at the beginning and end of missions?

Judging by its position on the exterior of the Liset, the rotating door is underneath the navigation console.

The reason why the interior of the ship doesn't change when you change landing craft is because the Liset still serves as the cockpit of the Orbiter. The other landing crafts simply don't have the right shape to fit in the slot, so they probably live in a hangar somewhere.

It's the orbiter, I'll confirm it in a bit, I'm gonna go play the game to find it.

But I'm gonna go straight ahead and confirm that the orbiter already exists in the game one way or another (ei through the ship we use, or below the ramp, etc).

On the moon,

V2jtsXE.jpg 

In this specific tile:

U4PPUb9.jpg 

You'll find a Corpus ship,

soKxhT6.jpg 

A Grineer ship,

Aljx3SE.jpg 

And a Grineer doodallythingymabob (it's green so I'm assuming it's Grineer),

JsevjAG.jpg 

All orbiting the moon... But what's this?

YHz57NX.jpg 

0nxIq9E.jpg 

Look familiar?

warframe__tenno_carrier_by_sbigham-d8gmb

Edited by Cat_Jam
Images

10 minutes ago, Cat_Jam said:

It's the orbiter, I'll confirm it in a bit, I'm gonna go play the game to find it.

But I'm gonna go straight ahead and confirm that the orbiter already exists in the game one way or another (ei through the ship we use, or below the ramp, etc).

Bare with me:

Everything below the ramp is the Orbiter.  In U17 (when the Orbiter was the size of a walk in closet), Ordis had a line commenting he "thought the Orbiter compartment was much larger than this."

Then U18 dropped and we got what we have now.

2 hours ago, Inarticulate said:

I'm almost certain that it was the developers who said that the Liset is larger on the inside.

Judging by its position on the exterior of the Liset, the rotating door is underneath the navigation console.

Yes, I know they did, but it sounds plainly stupid. DE got the idea in their head that we were "inside the Liset" and rather than abandoning that idea when they found out there was too much stuff to fit in the little Liset, they just said "void magic" and stunted their own creativity in a way. To me, it seems lazy and like an area that could be expanded upon much better.

33 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

Yes, I know they did, but it sounds plainly stupid. DE got the idea in their head that we were "inside the Liset" and rather than abandoning that idea when they found out there was too much stuff to fit in the little Liset, they just said "void magic" and stunted their own creativity in a way. To me, it seems lazy and like an area that could be expanded upon much better.

The Liset (Upper floor) is barely larger than the Liset appears to be in all the cutscenes where we see it on the outside. It is perfectly reasonable as slight space distorting on inside-vs-outside happens in many too many games for this to surprise anyone who has been paying attention.

The Liset and the Orbiter (Lower floors) are paired, making a single unit, any other dropships are obviously stored elsewhere because they don't fit on the docking platform that our Liset occupies. Therefor no changes are needed.

This is not rocket-surgery, asking DE to redesign the interior of the top half of our main hub for a optional cosmetic is like asking for a three-piece suit because you bought a new tie-pin.

Edited by SilentMobius

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 11:03 AM, Foxhound4 said:

Ordis is shady as hell, Stalker probably just walked right in.

and on that note..

If we're on the Orbitor and not the drop ship. why the hell are not up and walking around?

Why are we relying on a bunch of kids to bring balance to the system that are too lazy to even get off their asses and manage their own ship? I understand the transference thing and what not, you're rigged up and I'm sure it's a process but the idea we just sit in one room...alll the time..Using our warframe to control every aspect of our existence in this giant ship is just silly.. Our operators just seem like the incredibly sheltered step-siblings of the actual Tenno. If we have tenno out running around the solar map I don't see why we can't wal;k around our ships.

I was under the impression from the way the operator communicates with their warframe  "the will" implies warframes are sentient and the operator just "powers" the frame. Also the tenno are too powerful to just hang out in their ships and not destroy them when they stub a toe. And the thing has NO SEATS

As for op I always assumed Void tech is "time/space compression" since you see the other players dropships while they are running around their ships.

Edited by Fuzzorz