Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help! Everyone DCs when I host

Cyborg-Rox

Question

Every time I host a key or an alert or just anything I use Recruiting to setup, most if not all the squad members get disconnected after the mission is completed.
It's weird too, because it doesn't happen right away, it takes a few seconds after we've returned to our ships, then one by one my squad mates get disconnected.

This gets really annoying when I'm hosting keyshares and I have to keep reinviting everyone after each run.

I don't know why this happens. I didn't have any problems like this a while ago. Think it started sometime after 18.5, but can't tell for sure.

If anyone knows anything about this, specifically how to fix it, please let me know.

13 answers to this question

Does this happen frequently, in all cases you host, or only Void missions?

Seems like an internet issue to me. You should run the Network Test option in the Settings menu and see what it says.

Usually, the problem is with some firewall ports that you should allow or change, but the test should tell more about it.

The firewall port issue might seem unusual and weird because it doesn't happen straight away, though it still could be the source of your problem. Better make sure everything's correct to sort out impossible cases.

5 hours ago, at35z said:

Does this happen frequently, in all cases you host, or only Void missions?

Seems like an internet issue to me. You should run the Network Test option in the Settings menu and see what it says.

Usually, the problem is with some firewall ports that you should allow or change, but the test should tell more about it.

The firewall port issue might seem unusual and weird because it doesn't happen straight away, though it still could be the source of your problem. Better make sure everything's correct to sort out impossible cases.

I haven't hosted anything but Void for a loooong time, so I can't tell for sure. But it happens every time I host Void, yes.

I was unaware of such a 'Network Test' in the game. Guess I'll scoop that out and see what I find out.

I did have some Firewall issues years ago, but I think that was on DE's part as it was universally fixed.

8 hours ago, Zoracraft said:

The network test is under general options, I believe.

I had this problem with my old router which gave me strict NAT. It's likely a port issue, local internet outage, or other internet-based issue.

Uh, there's no 'general' options. But there's an 'Analyze Network' option in Gameplay. Is that the network test?

I think that is the current version. First thing that might be important to try is to use the launcher's verify and optimize settings, this will take a good amount of time but update 18 had some graphics updates that might need at least optimizations. It might also be useful to check your launcher settings to see if direct x 10 is active; might be worth unchecking it and 64 bit if the issues keep occurring and then work on lowering your display settings. If the game is taking time on the resource load during connections with allies, it can cause the players connections to desync and thus lose connection with each other.

4 minutes ago, Urlan said:

I think that is the current version. First thing that might be important to try is to use the launcher's verify and optimize settings, this will take a good amount of time but update 18 had some graphics updates that might need at least optimizations. It might also be useful to check your launcher settings to see if direct x 10 is active; might be worth unchecking it and 64 bit if the issues keep occurring and then work on lowering your display settings. If the game is taking time on the resource load during connections with allies, it can cause the players connections to desync and thus lose connection with each other.

I already optimized my settings after U18 launched, as requested by Steve in a topic, and I've kept DirectX 10 and 11 off ever since U15's issues.
And yes, it's in 64 bit too.

64 bit is unchecked as well, okay that is good. 64 bit tends to be unstable for some reason. I would look through your display settings - try making a screenshot first before poking with them if you need - and then if no improvement is made by lowering them to the lowest acceptable settings; double check your firewall settings and contact support with any useful information. Usually, players losing connection outside of network connectivity is tied to the game's graphics handling. Good luck with your issue.

Oddly enough, if you also get the relay out of memory bug, you need to turn directx11 back on to allow the memory overflow to have more time before a full driver crash. That has to do with the game loading the emblems directly into the video card memory instead of system RAM. I am hopeful that such an issue will be improved with DE Steve's graphic improvements mentioned to be coming with Specters of the Rails.

Edited by Urlan

17 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Ah, well nothing unusual seems to appear when using that. Only thing I guess would be "UPnP Detected"

Does it say "all systems nominal" as well?

A few questions I would ask if it says this.

1: search pingtest.net on google. Click the most prominent result. 

When there, select a server  (I would suggest new york's one if you live on the east coast, LA or San Fransisco if on the west) from the map the page tells you. This will begin the ping test for that server.

When it finished testing, make sure packet loss is at 0%. Any packet loss at all makes even the fastest internet connections glitchy and even slow if in high quantities. Internet outages and/or wear and tear on your connective equipment can result in packet loss even if your ISP has 0% packet loss as a standard. As such, this could be what is causing your problems.

2: optimize your warframe cache

you might have already done this to squeeze out a few more frames per second. If you haven't, you can do it by hitting the gear in the top left corner and selecting "optimize" in the menu. 

If this doesn't help, there is also a "repair" option next to optimize I believe. This could help if some files got corrupted when 18.5 dropped.

3: test occurances in other games.

Depending on what you own, internet problems will manifest differently. I used to get a pretty serious tf2 glitch where I couldn't move and got the connection error message, but could still hear the in game voice chat. (Upgrading from windows 8 to 8.1 solved it, if you were wondering) as such, just try another game and bring back any irregularities you find.

Bonus question: do the squad player ships show up in your window after missions. That was added in 18.5, and it could be that those ship models are corrupted on your side, resulting in a freeze when the game tries to process the file, and a subsequent loss of connection with your team since your computer stopped responding due to the freeze. Just a theory though!