Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Prime Vault Feedback

Multicom-EN-

You want expensive? Check Chris Roberts and the amazing, still alpha, still little more than an interactive tech demo Star Citizen.

Game mmo part (still early alpha) + starter ship 55$,

Game mmo part (early alpha) + Single player campaign( still not launched), starter ship 73$

Bigger better ships, 155$- 3000$, yes indeed 3000$

Largest pack that does NOT include all ships is a whooping 18.000$ and here is the kicker, some dudes actually bought that......

Wanna know the best part? Most ships in the 18.000$ package are just variants of each other you think you get 72 or something different ships while in reality you get 30 and some variants, most still just concept art, now THAT is insane.

How many primes accesses did we have? Now 13? Even if you did buy every single top pack you could not even reach the amount of $ for some of the big ships in SC, that is what I call insanity.  

Edited by Numbsky1

10 hours ago, Cenat said:

You know if you live in Singapore, and use Steam it costs $130. JUST SO YOU CAN GET TARGIS PRIME ARMOR

This is unacceptable. Firstly, people only want Targis Prime armor YET even after numerous complains from Frost Prime unvaulting DE still doesn't care. This needs to change. Protest now with your wallets. Don't buy this scam. Show the DE's they can't just get away with charging so much and disrespecting veterans. 

Dear Cenat,

How did you achieve to convert currently priced Prime Vault USD$59.99 to SGD$130? SGD/USD = 1.3486. Which translate to 59.99 USD = 80.90 SGD. May the other 7 up-voters to OP please respond too, I would like to check factual currency exchange math against public forum math.

1 minute ago, Numbsky1 said:

You want expensive? Check Chris Roberts and the amazing, still alpha, still little more than an interactive tech demo Star Citizen.

Game mmo part (still early alpha) + starter ship 55$,

Game mmo part (early alpha) + Single player campaign( still not launched), starter ship 73$

Bigger better ships, 155$- 3000$, yes indeed 3000$

Largest pack that does NOT include all ships is a whooping 18.000$ and here is the kicker, some dudes actually bought that......

Wanna know the best part? Most ships in the 18.000$ package are just variants of each other you think you get 72 or something different ships while in reality you get 30 and some variants, most still just concept art, now THAT is insane.

As a backer of Star Citizen and someone who's been part of the testing phases. You clearly do not know your facts. First, for both the campaign and open universe part, it is going to be $60 flat. Which Chris Roberts has already stated. You pay $45 for either part you want, campaign or online, and then you just pay the $15 difference to get access to the other part. Also, 'bigger better ships'? No. Sorry but there are no 'better' ships. The way the game is being designed is that ships will fill roles, but a small fighter craft can still take down say a Constellation. Your ship performance is determined by your skill, which is the same thing Elite: Dangerous does. You may own a bigger more weaponized Anaconda, but someone in a sidewinder can out maneuver you and still take you out by targeting your sub systems such as power plant, heat sinks, etc. The same detail is going into Star Citizen where you're able to target specific systems to disable the ship or destroy it.

That being said, Chris Roberts has repeated said to not feel obligated to buy the bigger packages. All ships that can be bought now can be earned in game. The only reason to buy a bigger ship package or more expensive one is if you want to support the game to that degree. He's warned people that these ships won't necessarily give you an edge over other players. If one of these people blow their ship up, they still have to wait up to a week or two weeks in real time for insurance to fully restore their ship. Also, the variants are different modified versions of the base / standard version of the ship. Sort of how you have Excalibur and Excalibur prime, but with a much bigger difference. Take for example the Constellation Pheonix variant and the Constellation Andromeda. The Pheonix has less sensors, less everything and is more of a luxury ship, while the Andromeda is an intel gathering / exploration ship with multiple radar dishes and long distance jump drives. While you can still fit different things in slot, it's still the same concept as the Viper MkIII and Viper MkIV in Elite: Dangerous. Both are essentially the same ship, except one has better system specifications to handle different kinds of loadouts.

I get that some people may find Star Citizen to be over hyped or some people are over spending on the game despite it not being released fully yet, but please do not argue this point unless you know all the facts and information on the game. Yes, even I find people who spend $15,000 on a package insane, but that is their choice and how they choose to spend their money. Who are you to judge them for something they decide to with their money they earn? I am sick and tired of hearing the "Star Citizen" argument on the internet by people who don't even pay attention to the game other than what other's rant about or find displeasing about the game.

13 minutes ago, pred_error said:

Dear Cenat,

How did you achieve to convert currently priced Prime Vault USD$59.99 to SGD$130? SGD/USD = 1.3486. Which translate to 59.99 USD = 80.90 SGD. May the other 7 up-voters to OP please respond too, I would like to check factual currency exchange math against public forum math.

Only considering direct currency exchange, no additional fees? Just curious.

As for the price for the rest of us, yes, it is cheap, and yes I was about to buy it, since I do not own any of the items included. But since DE slapped the rest of the players by offering no options with plenty of feedback since previous unVaulting, I decided to skip. Cosmetic is not that important to me if feedback is not important enough to DE.

And no, arguing the value of cosmetics you desperate want so bad, is not gonna force DE to make them available for cheap, in the contrary, from a salesperson pov, all you are doing is giving them more reasons to repeat the same offer on the future.

As many others have already said, the armor does not prevents you from playing the game, but I know you guys like hearing it over and over.

Edited by Souldend78

1 hour ago, Noamuth said:

For a newer player, that might be a thing.  But for me; $60.00 for slots I don't need(I currently have an open 13 slots between all of my weapons and Warframes) roughly 50k credits after selling the Prime items, that I can't even get MR from, plat I don't need (I already have twice that amount thanks to 50%/70% coupons) and a cosmetic that's situationally appealing.  

That's not a good deal. 

If DE made it possible to sell the Prime items to other players, via blue print form, or even the whole item for Ducats, then the value of the pack rises for me.  I can actually get some benefit out of the "fluff" items.  As it stands however, DE is losing out on added revenue by only offering the pack in this form.  Over various topics about this pack, before and after it's unvaulting, I've seen roughly 3 dozen people say that they'd buy the pack if it was changed to either be the cosmetics and boosters for a lower or equal price, or if the items were in blue print form, but as is, they will not be spending the money.

That means that DE has potentially missed out on roughly $2,160.00, and that's just the people that have bothered to say anything. 

With all that in mind, how is this pack a good deal to anyone in my position?

Yes yes, FashionFrame, don't buy if you don't like it, stop complaining, stop being entitled, etc.  I'm just pointing out the flaw in the idea that slots and plat make up the downsides to this pack as it is, and my numbers are hyperbole. 

I've already argued that the 1,200 plat itself is worth $60 if you were to buy the plat alone. Also, $2,160 is nothing in game development. Yeah, those people decided not to buy it, so what? Other people have. At a significantly higher rate than those who didn't buy it. They still profit from it. They lost nothing from this. Even if one person bought it, they still got $60 profit out of it either way. I don't get why people think this pack is not worth it. You're getting your money's worth in platinum PLUS added items to it. You guys are way too damn greedy. If you don't like the promotion, don't buy it. But at base value for the platinum alone, you are getting your money's worth. And don't argue with me saying "I am not getting it for the plat", who cares if you aren't getting it for the plat. It's a package promotion and the price is based off the plat mostly. If you don't like the promotion, DO NOT participate in it. Simple as that.

Either way, three dozen people are a drop in the bucket compared to the 23,711 players currently playing and the 35,209 that did play today. And yes, those are actual current numbers taken from the steam stat page for Warframe.

4 minutes ago, Lusts said:

I've already argued that the 1,200 plat itself is worth $60 if you were to buy the plat alone. Also, $2,160 is nothing in game development. Yeah, those people decided not to buy it, so what? Other people have. At a significantly higher rate than those who didn't buy it. They still profit from it. They lost nothing from this. Even if one person bought it, they still got $60 profit out of it either way. I don't get why people think this pack is not worth it. You're getting your money's worth in platinum PLUS added items to it. You guys are way too damn greedy. If you don't like the promotion, don't buy it. But at base value for the platinum alone, you are getting your money's worth. And don't argue with me saying "I am not getting it for the plat", who cares if you aren't getting it for the plat. It's a package promotion and the price is based off the plat mostly. If you don't like the promotion, DO NOT participate in it. Simple as that.

Either way, three dozen people are a drop in the bucket compared to the 23,711 players currently playing and the 35,209 that did play today. And yes, those are actual current numbers taken from the steam stat page for Warframe.

Yes, because only the people who did not buy the pack bothered to say so.  Everyone else that remained silent purchased this pack.

Wonderful job missing the point.

16 minutes ago, Lusts said:

As a backer of Star Citizen and someone who's been part of the testing phases. You clearly do not know your facts. First, for both the campaign and open universe part, it is going to be $60 flat. Which Chris Roberts has already stated. You pay $45 for either part you want, campaign or online, and then you just pay the $15 difference to get access to the other part. Also, 'bigger better ships'? No. Sorry but there are no 'better' ships. The way the game is being designed is that ships will fill roles, but a small fighter craft can still take down say a Constellation. Your ship performance is determined by your skill, which is the same thing Elite: Dangerous does. You may own a bigger more weaponized Anaconda, but someone in a sidewinder can out maneuver you and still take you out by targeting your sub systems such as power plant, heat sinks, etc. The same detail is going into Star Citizen where you're able to target specific systems to disable the ship or destroy it.

That being said, Chris Roberts has repeated said to not feel obligated to buy the bigger packages. All ships that can be bought now can be earned in game. The only reason to buy a bigger ship package or more expensive one is if you want to support the game to that degree. He's warned people that these ships won't necessarily give you an edge over other players. If one of these people blow their ship up, they still have to wait up to a week or two weeks in real time for insurance to fully restore their ship. Also, the variants are different modified versions of the base / standard version of the ship. Sort of how you have Excalibur and Excalibur prime, but with a much bigger difference. Take for example the Constellation Pheonix variant and the Constellation Andromeda. The Pheonix has less sensors, less everything and is more of a luxury ship, while the Andromeda is an intel gathering / exploration ship with multiple radar dishes and long distance jump drives. While you can still fit different things in slot, it's still the same concept as the Viper MkIII and Viper MkIV in Elite: Dangerous. Both are essentially the same ship, except one has better system specifications to handle different kinds of loadouts.

I get that some people may find Star Citizen to be over hyped or some people are over spending on the game despite it not being released fully yet, but please do not argue this point unless you know all the facts and information on the game. Yes, even I find people who spend $15,000 on a package insane, but that is their choice and how they choose to spend their money. Who are you to judge them for something they decide to with their money they earn? I am sick and tired of hearing the "Star Citizen" argument on the internet by people who don't even pay attention to the game other than what other's rant about or find displeasing about the game.

Funny when ever you criticize the hallowed Star Citizen, it takes only a few minutes for a zealot to appear to defend it, why is that? Is Star Citizen a new religion? It must be, since I have hardly ever seen so many blind zealots in one place, it is like the Vatican or Mekka during a pilgrimage but those people believe because they fear for their souls. Is Chris Roberts the new messiah in some people eyes that you blindly throw money at him? 

Anyways, off topic, the point was to show people that there is really expensive stuff out there to which WF does not even hold a candle and as SC goes, I have popcorn and champagne reserved for that bubble to burst and I will be laughing at the tidal wave of tears and the rage posts of angry nerds. But hey maybe we will be surprised and we get an awesome game who knows, at that point I might buy a starter pack myself.

To get back on topic, due to the amount of plat the regular price for the "unvaulting" is not that high.      

Edited by Numbsky1

1 minute ago, Noamuth said:

Yes, because only the people who did not buy the pack bothered to say so.  Everyone else that remained silent purchased this pack.

Wonderful job missing the point.

And you missed the point I made. The majority of players are still going to buy the pack compared the minority who aren't. The same thing happened with the last Prime Vault pack. People still complained about it, but the majority of the players bought it during the sale. A lot more than how many were complaining about it. Both on forums or in region chat. If those who stay silent about it don't complain about it, they don't really care about it to begin with. All of you are making a big deal over something that is correctly priced.

I'm probably alone here.

I was about to buy the pack since I have none of the items included, but seeing DE neglect players feedback from previous unvaulting made it hard for me to side with DE.

That said, I was not on favor of the cheap approach a lot of players were looking to.

5 minutes ago, Lusts said:

And you missed the point I made. The majority of players are still going to buy the pack compared the minority who aren't. The same thing happened with the last Prime Vault pack. People still complained about it, but the majority of the players bought it during the sale. A lot more than how many were complaining about it. Both on forums or in region chat. If those who stay silent about it don't complain about it, they don't really care about it to begin with. All of you are making a big deal over something that is correctly priced.

I didn't miss the point you tried to make.  And unless you have stats to back up your claims about the majority, you're just blowing smoke.

And you still missed my point; for what someone in my position would get from that pack, it's not worth it.  Providing more options nets more profits because more people will buy the product.

This is why cars come in different colors, have different features, this is why phones come in different colors and have different features.  It brings in more money.

I know this has been talked about a lot recently, but I just wanted to highlight the missed opportunity to get money from more players. The unvaulted primes are being packaged together with the targis armor and other goodies, that's fine. Charging $60 for the whole package, that's also fine. The missed opportunity lies in the fact that I (and many other players) already have mag, boar and dakra, but would like the targis armor. I'm not paying $60 for stuff I already have and what essentially boils down to a nonessential thing for the game. My game is not enhanced in any way by owning and equipping the targis armor, fashionframe is NOT my endgame. I would like it, I think it looks cool, and I might pay $10-$15 for it, but not $60. Please, DE, consider revising your prices and our purchasing options. I'm sure I can't be the only one that would like an "a la carte" option .

at least you guys can GET the damn thing. I live in Australia its 30th june and there is NO mag prime pack in the store not even the Excalibur obsidian pack (cries) and I checked it both through my ps4 and my PC. Nothing. Not a damn thing because I don't have any of it except mag herself.

29 minutes ago, (XB1)ThatsFine9 said:

and I might pay $10-$15 for it, but not $60.

And this is probably the exact reason why it isn't happening. Based on the prices of the Prime Access accessory packs, DE clearly values the Prime Access cosmetics higher than the $25 or so that many players have suggested for the price of the requested Prime Vault accessory pack. If this is the case, then $15 is certainly out of the question.

Furthermore, there will certainly be righteous anger from previous buyers of the Prime Access accessory pack if the cosmetics that cost $50 with Prime Access (albeit with a different set of additional perks) are made available from the Prime Vault for a significantly cheaper cost. I personally don't care, but there are definitely people who do and would feel insulted if it happened.

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 5:38 PM, superbot34 said:

you are glad that they resorted to "vaulting" stuff for the purpose of making money? really? 

No. Im saying I understand why its done. They have made certain Prime frames 'un-gettable' by removing parts drops for them altogether, BUT instead of them never being available ever again they have brought them back in Vault packages so that those that missed them and really want a particular Prime frame can have the chance to get them again.

Despite the arguments surrounding whether it is or isn't overpriced, has anyone been able to actually purchase it? i keep getting denied due to errors when attempting to complete the transaction. This just me or issues with the site after updating?..

Thanks.

18 minutes ago, Magicfingers said:

just goes to prove that DE really does listen to the community

Reveal hidden contents

in case you didn't know or weren't sure, yes that was sarcasm

"Listening to the community" and "doing exactly what the community wants without a second thought" are completely different things.

2 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

"Listening to the community" and "doing exactly what the community wants without a second thought" are completely different things.

i guess you didn't read the spoiler where it clearly states that what i said was sarcasm

Just now, Magicfingers said:

i guess you didn't read the spoiler where it clearly states that what i said was sarcasm

I most certainly did. Go back and re-read my post.

DE certainly listens to the community, to which your sarcasm is implying that they don't, but they are under no obligation to blindly do exactly what the community asks them to do.