The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why is the Nikana praised?

BaconOnARock

46 minutes ago, Alma_Elma said:

Galatine also has an attack speed so slow, you'd be lucky to survive spooling up you berserker combo before those two bombards ask you to bend over.

Words of a tenno without a Fury mod^^^

BTW-There's an easy way to kill ANY enemy(Bombards included) with a Galatine:

Jump

Press melee button(GOODNESS ME! Thine enemy hath been knocked over!)

Walk up to downed enemy, and use ground finisher.(80% of the time, they will not get up. The other 20%? You should've gone and killed that Ancient Healer that was spamming dmg reduc buffs)

3 minutes ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

I made the Dragon Nikana, listening to hype... but it really sucks :D

I stopped after the base nikana(lucky me). People can love Blind Justice all they want, but I have no love for a stance that is only useful for a single target at a time.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)xKAIOWAx said:

Katanas are the best swords ever made , best fosge techniques, best combat techniques, whats the point in try contest this? In fact we need dual nikanas too

That simply isn't true. Katanas are far too fragile and high maintenance to qualify for such a title. Gladius or a Scimitar are far better examples of blades done right.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)MPC 2117 said:

That simply isn't true. Katanas are far too fragile and high maintenance to qualify for such a title. Gladius or a Scimitar are far better examples of blades done right.

different swords had different purposes, no point in comparing them when they're so different

Just now, (XB1)MPC 2117 said:

I disagree. Any real sword is meant to kill. Anything else is just a toy or a decoration to put on a wall.

sure, meant to kill, but thats what i meant, i was refering to what they were designed to kill and how

11 minutes ago, (XB1)MPC 2117 said:

Words of a tenno without a Fury mod^^^

Words of someone who's throwing bait so obvious, even the fish would educate you on better quality bait.

I have a Galatine with Fury, its still too slow to be remotely effective on its own. You have to stack atleast two berserker procs for it to start swinging effectively.

This is in contrast to my NikanaP, who, even while mounting a maxed Spoiled Strike with Fury, still attacks instantly.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)MPC 2117 said:

BTW-There's an easy way to kill ANY enemy(Bombards included) with a Galatine:

Jump

Press melee button(GOODNESS ME! Thine enemy hath been knocked over!)

Walk up to downed enemy, and use ground finisher.(80% of the time, they will not get up. The other 20%? You should've gone and killed that Ancient Healer that was spamming dmg reduc buffs)

I'm guessing you've never had to fight multiple enemies shooting at you where the AoE slam of the Galatine starts loosing its effectiveness. How about you play more before you start lecturing me.

Just now, NightBlitz said:

sure, meant to kill, but thats what i meant, i was refering to what they were designed to kill and how

......are you friggin' serious right now?

nvrmnd, don't answer that.

Never in the history of blades, has there ever been a real honest to goodness sword design, that was NOT intended to be used against a HUMAN enemy combatant.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)MPC 2117 said:

......are you friggin' serious right now?

nvrmnd, don't answer that.

Never in the history of blades, has there ever been a real honest to goodness sword design, that was NOT intended to be used against a HUMAN enemy combatant.

oi oi oi, you're joking right? i know they're designed for humans, im talking about the different kind of enemy units, which would have different armors and weapons. i shouldn't have to spell this out for you.

3 minutes ago, Alma_Elma said:

I'm guessing you've never had to fight multiple enemies shooting at you where the AoE slam of the Galatine starts loosing its effectiveness. How about you play more before you start lecturing me.

I've had three bombards and a few extras come at me from two different doors, at lvl 30+. The first one died with a handful of extras from a slide attack and 1 swing, the other two died from the simple process I gave you.

I've had three bombards and a few extras come at me from two different doors, at lvl 30+. The first one died with a handful of extras from a slide attack and 1 swing, the other two died from the simple process I gave you.

As I've said; play more.

2 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

oi oi oi, you're joking right? i know they're designed for humans, im talking about the different kind of enemy units, which would have different armors and weapons. i shouldn't have to spell this out for you.

Basic infantry armor remained constant pretty much worldwide for I'd say more than a century. Leather and light armor, maybe a helmet. History ain't like the movies where you see entire armies decked out head to toe in heavy metal armor.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)xKAIOWAx said:

Katanas are the best swords ever made , best fosge techniques, best combat techniques, whats the point in try contest this? In fact we need dual nikanas too

Let me guess, the "folding" of the blade is also awesome, and all swords should be "folded" over and over again?

Basic infantry armor remained constant pretty much worldwide for I'd say more than a century. Leather and light armor, maybe a helmet. History ain't like the movies where you see entire armies decked out head to toe in heavy metal armor.

you dont rly seem to understand what i mean, so im giving up on ya,

galatine and nikana isn't in the same class. galatine is the stronger weapon.

nikana only has a slight edge in speed (the prime version) with only an un-noticeable increase of .08>>> gala 1.00 p.nik 1.08 ( .08 is negated with the constant sheathing)

physical damage galatine 250    p.nikana 95- 204 ( 204 phys.damage is from an enhanced attack> slide and wall attacks)

galatine is straight up carnage and destruction with 250 physical damage per swing/contact

regular nika and the dragon version doesn't even come close.

like I said in my earlier reply none of the nikanas comes close to galatine damage or effectiveness in battle.

so if youre thinking that p. nikana is better just stop.

ps. pretty looks and fashion doesn't win battles.

Edited by ranks21