Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Warframe for new player?

Neunzehnhuneert

Question

Hey guys,

just returned to Warframe after a long time and managed to get my Volt up to 30 and nealry finished my Archwings.

I realized I have left some platinum and I am cosidering buying a new Warframe. atm I favorize Chroma but is there any other you would recommend a new player?

Thanks in advance.

15 answers to this question

Tough question..

I like to deal damage aswell I like to support / help my teammates but I dislike to be squishy. I also like both melee and range dps while I guess I am a bit more into range.

The fact I have an eye on Chroma is his different playstyle because of the different elements he can use. I love (in any game) Ice magic due ti its ability of crowd control (but the only ability I like from Frost is his Snow Globe tho).

For a new player I would recommend to keep your plat and play volt as he is very good right now.

Your plats will have a better use for warframe & weapon slots.

Also, chroma requires some corrupted mods to be at max efficiency, not really great for a beginner.

15 minutes ago, Neunzehnhuneert said:

Hey guys,

just returned to Warframe after a long time and managed to get my Volt up to 30 and nealry finished my Archwings.

I realized I have left some platinum and I am cosidering buying a new Warframe. atm I favorize Chroma but is there any other you would recommend a new player?

Thanks in advance.

If I knew what I know now I think my first warframe would be Hydroid , Necros , or Chroma.    do not buy Necros though he is super easy to farm.    Chroma is a relatively easy quest to do but it does take some time.   Hydroid you get from 1st boss he is annoying but doable none of these warframes need to be bought.    If you have plat to spend I suggest as a new player to Unlock more warframe and weapon slots.  If after you unlock slots you still have plat I suggest Buying Prime warframes from other players if you do not want to farm them yourself.   Trinity Prime , Nova Prime are often used in raids so not bad buys there.  Loki Prime is also not a bad buy also can be used in raids.

The reason for Hydroid would be extra loot that you need to craft a ton of things to come.  Necros for extra loot that you will need for a ton of things to come.     Chroma for extra Credits for tons of things you will need.    at MR21 I still try to use these 3 as often as I can but sometimes the party wants me to bring frost for defense etc..

Edited by (PS4)Quil_Nye
didn't finish

3 minutes ago, Neunzehnhuneert said:

Tough question..

I like to deal damage aswell I like to support / help my teammates but I dislike to be squishy. I also like both melee and range dps while I guess I am a bit more into range.

The fact I have an eye on Chroma is his different playstyle because of the different elements he can use. I love (in any game) Ice magic due ti its ability of crowd control (but the only ability I like from Frost is his Snow Globe tho).

In that case, I'd recommend these:

• Excalibur
  • Mag
  • Mesa
  • Nezha
  • Oberon
  • Rhino
  • Saryn
  • Trinity
  • Valkyr
  • Wukong

Not a short list, but these all fit your criteria more or less. I'd suggest getting them for free if it's not too much of a hassle. If it gets to be too much, then use plat as a last resort.

11 minutes ago, Neunzehnhuneert said:

Just so you know... you can't change the element "in mission", and it doesn't impact the gameplay that much. Only is second ability. (since the 1 isn't used at all and the 4th is only used for CC and credit farming)

Excalibur, frost, or saryn I would say.  

I assume that your mod toolbox is rather low at this point though.  Saryn may be a little difficult to use for that reason.  Both overextended and regenerative molt are necessary to get her to max support, but if you like melee, she's good there too.  

Frost would be a good choice with even beginning mods.  He is more ranged, and not very mobile.  

Excalibur is good support with radial blind, but also pretty much good at everythibg else.  He's also one you can mod pretty much any way you like, so using the common mods you have now or the rare mods later, it doesn't matter.  He'll be good at both.  

I recommend Frost.

• Pretty Durable with decent armor and shield
  • Good Support with Avalanche and SnoGlobe (and Ice Wave with Impedance augment)
  • Good Damage with Avalanche and Ice Wave
  • All around usefulness in ANY mission type (especially defensive-oriented ones)
  • All around good against major factions (infested, grineer, corpus)
  • Doesn't need much advance mods - Mostly Stretch, Streamline, Intensify will be decent up to level 50 enemies. 

I'd save your plat for Warframe and weapon slots. 

Since you like survivability while supporting teammates I'd recommend Rhino, who is easily farmed from Venus, a very early planet. Rhino has a tanky skill, a teamwide damage buff, and a solid CC skill. He's a solid, all-rounder warframe and will work fairly well with basic mods.

12 hours ago, Neunzehnhuneert said:

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance.

As mentioned above, if you have enough plat to buy a frame, spend it on frame slots (20p each) and weapon slots (2 for 12?). Chroma is free from the quest.

The only two market frames that *may* be worth buying are usually Mesa and Vauban. And that is due to the ridiculous farm (multiple parts from "rare" invasions to make 1 key and then RNG on the part bp drop per key) and strictly RNG for alerts for the parts (may be times you are unable to log in and they aren't very common by most people's standards). After that would be primes that are vaulted and no longer available (which some hope will change with the void changes but I wouldn't hold my breath) so only available through purchase in trade.

Edited by Wopel

12 hours ago, Neunzehnhuneert said:

Tough question..

Chroma needs a lot of work and investment to become on par with other tanks

6 forma and a potato and arcanes

DO NOT BUY WARFRAME WITH PLAT.

Excalibur.

Here's why:

1. OP (60% DR from front)

2. OP (Insane DPS with EB)

3. OP (Four mods on melee to be OP: damage, crit %, crit dmg, atk spd.)

4. OP (Viable end game from early game: blind + EB, survival for days when camping.)

5. OP (effective blind)

6. OP (blind status in general)

7. OP (blind and finisher damage)

8. OP (Covert Letha..oh shhhhit. NO! NVM)

Or

Loki. Yep. God Mode.

Edited by -Filthy-

19 hours ago, Neunzehnhuneert said:

Tough question..

Considering your play-style then the ones I would recommend for you would be:

• Mag
  • Rhino
  • Saryn
  • Trinity
  • Mesa
  • Oberon
  • Nyx
  • Nova
  • Banshee

From that list the simple ones for you to acquire without platinum would be all of them though those that are much easier are:

• Mag
  • Rhino
  • Nyx
  • Trinity

The rest are somewhat annyoing to acquire though I would not recommend using platinum to buy them at all as it would backfire on you.