Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best build for a soloing Trinity Prime

Pouncer

Question

Is Blessing still worth it now that it's been fixed and now maxes out at 75% damage reduction?  As much as I like my Zypher, Rhino Prime, and Saryn Prime, I think Trinity would be best for soloing tougher zones because they have so much defense to keep them up against a ton of mobs hitting them.  They don't have much as far as offensive abilities go but for that they can rely on weapons iMO.

So I was wondering what would be the best mod setup for a soloing Trinity Prime?  I'm hoping to get Prime Flow and Continuity since I need it on my Saryn anyway but otherwise I don't have access to the best mods out there yet, and I'm only MR 9 as of this posting (but leveling as fast as I can, although right now my priority is farming cores because I need a ton. then I'll try to reach MR 10 ASAP.

6 answers to this question

the most important thing for surviving alone will be having enough Range for Link to be used effectively, and enough Duration so you're not constantly casting Link and Blessing ofc.

then 'write Macros' for casting Link and Blessing.
note i'm not suggesting you actually do that - but there's no reason to not have them always running.

Okay thanks everyone!  I'll work on getting that range as high as possible, and duration.  Hopefully Daro will have Primed Flow and/or Continuity this week.  Do you guys think a well-modded (and skilled) Trinity can solo T3 or T4 void?  I mean it's best to take a group either way so others can benefit but just wondering what MR I'd have to be before attempting something like that hehe.

Edited by Pouncer

You know something occurred to me while i was messing around with different mod specs.  Since Trinity seldom runs out of power, it seems like they would be a good candidate for channeling.  I guess you'd still want to have lowish power duration for the EV but if you kill the mobs fast enough it will still feed power and shield bonuses (just not as much as going with less duration, obviously), and energy efficiency won't matter, so you can mostly work on range and strength both to get the most out of Link.  Use a good 2 hander (I use Orthos Prime because it's fast and it has a wide hit box), make sure you have both block and channeling on, and make room for Killing Blow on the weapon.  Between that and Reflection on the Warframe (96% damage taken is reflected when block is channeled) makes my Trinity both nearly indestructible while also dealing out some nice damage AND giving the group both power and shield bonuses.

I don't have Primed Flow yet and I still need a lot of cores for Blind Rage but at MR 9 this is what I have so far, I can imagine what it would be like once I've leveled my MR some and finished up coring my modes but I'm open to suggestions on how this could be improved.  This wouldn't be for an all-out EV spec, obviously, just a hybrid to take advantage of never running out of power.  Thoughts?

http://imgur.com/Yu4p2sA

http://imgur.com/V1gKKqZ