The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relay Chat: Overzealous Kickbot

Aksyl

I was looking for people to join me on some void runs(using my own keys), I said "Would anyone care to join me for T4D/T3Surv?" and was informed by kickbot, that I had been "Kicked from Region" for recruiting.

If I'm not mistaken, that's part of the whole reason relays exist, hence the Mission Control area.

If there's any concern about relays being spammed by recruiters, I'd think the fact that the number of Tenno present are much more limited would be a deterrent to such rampant behavior.

It was actually relay chat. See, the little founder icon means I never go to region chat.

My guess is the message's reference to region chat is a holdover from when, I presume, region chat was copied to create relay chat.

Edited by Aksyl

15 minutes ago, Aksyl said:

It was actually relay chat. See, the little founder icon means I never go to region chat.

My guess is the message's reference to region chat is a holdover from when, I presume, region chat was copied to create relay chat.

*inhales* mmm the smell of elitism... gotta love it.

You still have access to recruiting chat while in relays for a reason. Nothing is broken. You broke the rules. Learn from it and don't do it again.

3 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

the relay is for well... talking. Not recruiting, So the bot is configured te remove all posts with T4D and that stuff.

i hope that's not the case

if just "T4D" is a trigger word for the kickbot how are people supposed to ask for example what parts drop in t4d? and the question about drops belongs in both region and relay and not in recruiting

in this case the bot banned the right person for the right reason but if stuff like "T4D" is a trigger word the bot needs a fix

Again, I fail to see how it's functioning properly when part of the purpose is to allow tenno to party up. That's why the tutorial encourages new players to enter Larunda in the first place, or did you opt to skip that when given the chance to experience the new intro?

I don't know about you, but I want to see what sort of experience new players get out of this game, and make sure it's good for everyone. Sometimes that involves carrying some newer players through a void mission or two. I just recently made a friend that way, and because I was willing to give the time to help a new player out, he was recently able to carry me when I needed to rank up a new frame.

Edited by Aksyl

29 minutes ago, Weidro said:

i hope that's not the case

if just "T4D" is a trigger word for the kickbot how are people supposed to ask for example what parts drop in t4d? and the question about drops belongs in both region and relay and not in recruiting

in this case the bot banned the right person for the right reason but if stuff like "T4D" is a trigger word the bot needs a fix

22 minutes ago, Aksyl said:

Again, I fail to see how it's functioning properly when part of the purpose is to allow tenno to party up. That's why the tutorial encourages new players to enter Larunda in the first place, or did you opt to skip that when given the chance to experience the new intro?

I don't know about you, but I want to see what sort of experience new players get out of this game, and make sure it's good for everyone. Sometimes that involves carrying some newer players through a void mission or two. I just recently made a friend that way.

Want to know that happens when you allow those key words? Recruit chat happens. The reason why the relays are not filled to the brim with recruit spammers is BECAUSE of those keyword bans. How is a new player going too look for a nice group of players when the chat is full of draco and other spam, stuff a new player would not even get when just starting a game.

7 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Want to know that happens when you allow those key words? Recruit chat happens. The reason why the relays are not filled to the brim with recruit spammers is BECAUSE of those keyword bans. How is a new player going too look for a nice group of players when the chat is full of draco and other spam, stuff a new player would not even get when just starting a game.

Because those people don't hang out in Larunda, they have Recruit chat. Your slippery slope fallacy insults everyone who reads it.

The Recruit tab offers a broader array of people who are just looking for a mission. If you find yourself in a relay and hit it off with some folk, how should one expect to communicate with said folk on coordinating a mission at their local Mission Control center?

Why should DE have even made a Mission Control available in the first place? It wasn't even there to begin with, so why add it? It's certainly no convenient option for running solo missions, as your plea for restriction implies.

Edited by Aksyl

4 minutes ago, Aksyl said:

Because those people don't hang out in Larunda, they have Recruit chat. Your slippery slope fallacy insults everyone who reads it.

They don't hang around in larunda because recruit is not available in relays and relay chat bans those who do.

And is it THAT hard to ask people if they want to join a "tower 4 defense" instead of "t4D"? because one gets you banned. and the other one not.

17 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

They don't hang around in larunda because recruit is not available in relays and relay chat bans those who do.

And is it THAT hard to ask people if they want to join a "tower 4 defense" instead of "t4D"? because one gets you banned. and the other one not.

How convenient there is no means to test your hypothesis. You must think very low of your fellow humans.

You add nothing to this discussion with your hyperbole.

Maybe the trigger should just be changed to "cupholder"

Edited by Aksyl

4 minutes ago, Aksyl said:

How convenient there is no means to test your hypothesis. You must think very low of your fellow humans.

Convenient? DE was kind of ahead of me by banning the words in the first place. I don't generally think low of people but I know there are some S#&$ty ones mixed in. Sadly "some" is more then enough to drown out most relay conversations. To the point that people won't even try anymore.

Ever been to a city in trade heavy MMO's? Normal conversations become a drag among all the spam.

7 hours ago, Airwolfen said:

One gets you banned and the other can feasibly be considered circumventing the filters and could still get you banned.

It's the difference between saying a derogatory term and adding a punctuation mark in the middle of it.

Beyond that, I see plenty of people asking others if they can help them with specific planets. If suddenly asking for a specific mission is grounds for being banned from talking then there is an actual problem.