Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bit of advice please guys

(XBOX)pixelmagic

Question

Hi all, hope everyone is well on here. 

I am after some advice from those that have gone further into the game than I have (which will be most of you) on what to concentrate on next. I know thats a vague question and there is probably no real answer but any advice appreciated. Below is the stage at which I find myself: 

I'm currently mastery rank 6 and I have the following frames: Valkr, Ember, Volt, Nekros and Nyx. All are at 30 minus Nekros who is very new. All have a catalyst installed too, but I am still finding credits and forma relatively hard to come by in serious amounts (500000 is the highest I have ever been flushed with), so none of them have had a forma used on them yet

Quest wise, I have to kill Chroma next, which I gather opens up the focus side of things, I have the Limbo Theorum which isn't yet started, I am nearing the build stage of the quest for Mirage (the ciphers are hard to get), and I haven't quite built the key to finally assasinate Mutalist Alad V (damn coordinates). 

I have a few weapons, all of which are at 30. I am in a clan and between us (there are 5 of us in total) we have researched everything we can. I am at rank 3 in two syndicates too.

My question is, where would I best be advised to go from here? Whenever I log in I am confused as to what is worth concentrating on first. Should I focus on:

totally opening the star chart? (and collect frames for MR in the process – I am still missing some of the later planets, I think Europa is where I currently find myself for the chroma quest, but there are other bosses I haven't yet defeated – like on earth) 
farming prime parts and better mods in the void?
completing the quest lines to allow access to the focus part of things, and the schools?
focusing on ranking up syndicates so things like augments are accessible?

Are any of those more important with regards to later game activities than the next for someone at my stage of the game??? I'm beginning to feel like I am logging in, doing a survival or two for credits, getting a few fusion cores and not really progressing anywhere. As I said at the start, I appreciate all need doing, its just a case of which things are more important. I am at the stage where all of my frames and weapons are starting to feel a little underpowered too, even though all are at 30. I guess its down to the mods, or lack of, that I have (millions of duplicates though).

Cheers all.

PS: is there anywhere that fieldron and Detonite injectors are easy(ish) to come by? I have weapons I want to try, but the materials are getting harder to find.

15 answers to this question

You should prioritise like this:

1. Unlock all planets (for access to all resources, alerts, bosses)
  2. Find some weapons/frames that interest you and try to get them
  3. Max out the weapons that you like, by formaing and putting in a catalyst (may require farming for mods).
  4. Max out frames that you like (do not forma warframes as long as your favorite weapons arent maxed, frames require significantly less forma to work well and their mods require a lot of resources to max out too).
  5. Do Sorties.
  6. Complete your collections.
  7. Fashionframe.

Have FUN while doing all this, don't focus too hard on one thing at a time to not get bored/burned out on it!

Edited by CrudShuzKong

Don't work on completing the star chart yet, the next update will completely change the star chart so wait for that. Don't worry the xp you've already gained from that won't disappear.

Wait with forma until you know you like the weapon/frame and also know it is essentially a good weapon for mid-endgame. In some cases wait with catalysts too untill you have the prime version if possible.

Besides that you're naming a lot of things that you would like to finish. There isn't an optimal order in doing these things. Just choose a goal and work towards it, one thing at a time is my advise. Don't worry about syndicates, as long as you have one of their sigils equipped and play enough you will easily fill up your daily standing. Only do sorties daily if you can handle them, meaning you don't waste time on them because they are tough for you right now when you could be doing other things that will significantly improve your arsenal.

The only 2 things I can think of that have priority are: having an Archwing (quest) and work towards finishing the Second Dream quest.

Edited by ArcticMantis

3 minutes ago, ArcticMantis said:

Don't work on completing the star chart yet, the next update will completly change the star chart so wait for that. Don't worry the xp you've already gained from that won't disappear.

Oh yeah wait one week until you do that :smile:

Damn, you're farther than I was at MR6 xD

I would suggest going in the Void with friends, and just playing for fun right now. Whenever the game starts feeling like a login simulator I just randomize my gear and do random survivals with friends for an hour or two.

Max out your mods, forma your gear, try new things with friends, get some Kubrows/Sentinels etc.

I find myself playing tradeframe too often tbh xD

There's also fashion frame when you have the plat.

And if you don't have focus unlocked yet, go to Uranus and scan some oculysts, complete Natah and then the Second Dream. If you do, well then try doing sorties for more lenses.

You can get Fieldrons and Detonite Injectors from Invasions and are also craftable. (blueprints in labs)

If your frames feel underpowed you probably need better mods.

Hey Pixel,

I think you've got yourself a pretty well thought out plan to be honest - some people just like to play around on the game and aren't that interested in progressing so don't feel too far left behind.

You outlined some options there and I think you should just go with one and do all you can then move onto the next one and so forth.
E.g. Perhaps you want to go through and do the star chart but after a while the nodes get more difficult and you want to get stronger so you leave that for now and move on.
You want to get stronger but you're low on credits and forma - my advice is to find some voids to join in recruitment chat and tag along. Sometimes people want specific frames with specific builds for a specific role and you might want to steer clear of those for the moment. Most of the other ones don't really mind what frame/weapons you bring and are generous enough to let newer players tag along.

Eventually you'll end up with prime parts that you can sell and credits built up from doing the void missions. You can use this to do trades in trade chat to get yourself some platinum. Use the platinum to get yourself some mods that will make you a little more powerful and/or use the platinum to buy forma from the market. There are also orokin vaults you can do if you can find a group in the recruitment chat which yield some good rare mods that may help you out - check them out if you haven't already as you'll need a full team with specific keys.

All in all don't worry if you feel you're falling behind or under-powered, we've all been there and it just takes a bit of time.

Hello! 

This game can be a bit overwhelming. 

My suggestion to any newer player is get on and do what you feel like doing. It sounds like you have a really good start. In my experience, this game can burn you out if you are doing the same things for too long, it's always good to mix it up.

The star map will unlock more and more alerts for you, as well as get you access to resource farms (always a good thing)
Void parts will get you some better gear/frames, plus ducats for baro, and plat if you trade
Syndicate/xp farming, gets the mods/weapons, strengthen gear, and can also make plat
Quests - I suggest doing the second dream quest when you can. Awesome story, and that's actually the one that opens up focus.

Any of these are good to do with where you are at. I wouldn't concentrate on just one thing until it's done. I don't think one is necessarily more important than the others, I'd do what you feel like doing for the day and what your gear will allow. 

I'd start with the star map and quests. If you get bored unlocking stuff, or are under leveled for a mission, try something else or get stuff to mod up your gear more.If you get bored doing that, hit up the void and try to get your own gear, stuff to trade, and ducats for those mods.

Fieldron and detonite blueprints can be bought from the clan dojo (kind of pricey though), or from the invasion missions. Occasionally you can pick up two of them from one invasion.

Edited by Mutt2679

I am at MR7 and in kind of the same boat as you. Essential there is no set progress that is better than the other. What I have done is buy a catalyst for my main warframe and primary, secondary and melee weapon. The choices were kind of a mixture of what I liked and I knew it is was going to carry me in game. I am in the kind of same region in the map as you are Need to finish Uranus (stupid archwing mission) and Neptune (again stupid archwing mission). But what I find is that I get really tired of doing the same thing so just keep changing between the things I do all in the name of fashion frame 

Hello, fellow Tenno.

Let's start from the end: Detonite injectors/fieldron/mutagen masses can be obtained either as rewards from conflicts/infestation breakouts that randomly occurs on planets, or from the dojo. The latter will have to be crafted since it's a (non reusable) blueprint.

Since you feel a bit underpowered and still need some ciphers, I'd recommand that you start with orokin vault runs so you can get fleeting expertise, overextended, narrowmindeed, blind rage and transient fortitude, which if used accordingly will make your frames way stronger. Heavy caliber could help too, depending on the primary you're using. Just make sure you get 3 other squad mates with one different dragon key each and you'll be all set. It's also an ok way to make plat as some of the corrupted mods (basically the ones I wrote down earlier with one or two others) are always in demand and sell for 20p average, at least on PC.

You could additionally explore the solar map as it is now, since it's about to change, and get the other frames from bosses. Some like rhino can carry you through the whole solar map pretty easily. On a side note, don't sell story mission frames, you can't replay quests yet.

Rank up your mandatory mods mods as much as you can (serration/hornet strike, 90% elemental,  flow/intensify/continuity/streamline, vitality/steel fiber/redirection...). If you're low on credits/cores, try to at least get R10 mods to R5 or 6 if it hasn't been done already. Damage mods like serration/hornet strike -and pressure point but it's a r5 one- make a huge difference and are taken in account before any other mod on the damage formula.

That's what's on top of my head, as forma'ing is nice but not mandatory at that level. Depending on the weapons you're using, people here could probably recommand you some others that you might like and that would be more powerful.

May the RNG be with you.

Edited by Schtredeye
Frenglish.

9 minutes ago, ArcticMantis said:

Don't work on completing the star chart yet, the next update will completely change the star chart so wait for that. Don't worry the xp you've already gained from that won't disappear.

The star chart has been reworked before and no one lost progress. You should continue unlocking it as it is because you will most likely not need to do it again once the rework comes.

As for the initial question:

Its simple.. eventually you will unlock everything (or mostly everything).. so pick whatever you like and what makes you enjoy the game and do it. There is no rule of how things should be obtained and in what order. If your frames feel underpowered.. grab a bunch of friends and go get some new mods. Have fun while doing so.. bag some creds & resources in the process too. No forma? no problem.. go to the void.. you'll get forma, a bunch of useful resources, experience and prime stuff in the process. You need to do it bit by bit WHILE enjoying yourself. There is no clear goal in the game for a reason.. use that to make your own plan of action.

As to what is more important.. here is my opinion:

Unlock planets as many as u can. MR should not be an issue at this point unless you need something that requires you to have higher MR.

Get frames / weapons to see what u like, then level 'em up.

Consolidate your mod collection and "forma all the things" (well not really, but forma what you like). - Your weapons & frames will become pretty powerful.

In short.. build a solid base that u can expand on with the other things.

6 minutes ago, 88DJK said:

The star chart has been reworked before and no one lost progress. You should continue unlocking it as it is because you will most likely not need to do it again once the rework comes.

I think progressing in xp on the new star chart will be significantly less work considering I expect a number of nodes will be removed. Also DE mentioned xp will be gained per planet unlocked, not per node anymore. That's the reason I advise OP to wait.

Edited by ArcticMantis

imo

Make sure you have a sentinel, Carrier is preferred as your in the "warfarm stage" and need maximum drops.

Pick 3 Syndicates and wear sigils, don't pick opposing factions.

Pickup an "Overpowered" Weapon in each class, potato and forma. (My suggestions would be something like, Shotgun = Hek, Sniper = Lanka, Aoe = Tonkor, Semi Pistol = Telos Akbolto, Semi auto = Synoid gammacor/Aksomati, Bow = Paris prime)

Try to do sorties until you have a Focus crystal for each focus tree and apply to your Favored weapons in each class

This way focus and Syndicate "grind" will happen as your playing and leveling.

Use 1 favored weapon while testing the other 2.

put everything you don't use on https://warframe.market/ and use plat for Warframe slots and Weapon slots.

Then get EVERY FRAME! frames are alot of fun, even the "bad" frames have some uses and with constant patches and new augments you have alot to play with.  Alot of the "ineffective" frames are the most fun to play.

One or more of these frames will just click with you, the others will be requires for group synergy and help you find groups

Nekros, Frost, Trinity, Rhino will get you into alot of groups where your low mastery rank and lower damage output won't matter as you bring key utility. eg simply pushing roar on rhino makes you the MVP and most damaging player in almost any group, blindly pushing 3 on Nekros makes you MVP in any survival and loot farm run.

Loki will alow you to cheese any spy or rescue mission and stay alive in survival alongside better geared players.

jump into recruitment channel and use others keys for the void, get random parts then see what you can make.

I would avoid certain frames till you have a full suite of mods, Chroma is an example of a frame that will suck for somebody without lots of mods, but really shine later on. get him to 30, bank, return with more mods periodically to play.

only unlock planets as needed for frames, alerts, etc  soon they will reset!

Try all the weapons, about 50% of the weapons in warfarm are "trap weapons" they are massively outclassed by other weapons often lower mastery requirements and less build cost, but some are immense fun.

Sadly I have to recommend draco, as a fast way to level.

It sucks, but 3 hours of play give the same Affinity as 5 mins in a draco farm team.

http://warframe-builder.com/Weapon_comparator gives a ballpark area about how much damage weapons will do when fully modded.  Be warned this is all "on paper" and doesn't really take other things into consideration.  But its a handy tool to avoid "trap weapons"

I am not a huge fan of warframe builder "builds", alot of the builds just follow whats popular and do silly things, like putting firequake on Ember because Mogamu did... even tho more power strength adds considerably more CC.  But it can be useful to see some of the popular builds and give you a base to test things.

the key mods are worth farming or trading, they add alot of damage to weapons.

Key mods that should be on any primary

• Serration
  • Split Chamber
  • Heavy caliber (on anything where accuracy is not bothering you)
  • Vital sense+Point strike is critical chance is over 30% and critical damage multiplier is over 2x
  • 180-270% Elemental mods

key mods on any pistol

• Hornet Strike
  • Barrel diffusion
  • Lethal Torrent
  • 180-270% Elemental mods

Key mods on any shotgun

• Point Blank (primed if possible)
  • Hell's Chamber
  • 180-270% Elemental mods
  • Blaze

if you lack credits, Max the cheaper mods first, a 2 from the top serration is 1.1 million credits you can spend maxing almost all the other "key mods" on that weapon.

Edited by Tatersail

Thanks for all of the advice guys. Really appreciated. It's given me a lot to think about.

I did some star chart this evening and ended up with everything I need for trinity in three runs, which I'm chuffed about. I also got the final piece for Oberon, finished the quest for chroma and got every part bar one for nyx prime in the void. As if by magic I've suddenly got a lot to try out just by giving things a go instead of wondering what to do.

will carry on in the same vein rather than get bogged down. Once again. Appreciate the guidance. 

Pix 

Hello Tenno! I was once pretty new like you as well! I started playing in March and now I own every prime frame and most of the prime weapons avaliable to us console tennos. 

My my advice would be: ALWAYS REACH PAST THE STARS!!

for me I always went down the path of collection and fashion. 

I would prioritize your time investment like this: 

get one, or two, frames that you like and can use comfortably for high level missions (70 is the mark you want to end at). I'm not even talking about killing them. Just so you are able to survive those hits. Having a frame where you know it's ins and out is super good !! I got Trinity first and used her exclusively for my first month and then Trinity prime. 

Get the 3 weapons you are most comfortable using. Like frames, weapons are what you should aim for as a new Tenno. There are LOTS of good free weapons out there!! Watch the alerts, browse the market blue prints, etc. 

you want 3 you can use to kill at least level 50 enemies within 5 shots . For me, I used the Glaive, spira, and the starter bow. I actually didn't even forma any of those. You just need the right mods for them. I would recommend picking up the dragon ninkana blue print, the poison bow(and its requirements),and the flame thrower. Don't be afraid to play the earth missions to get cores or void keys for no stress!! I stuck to earth until mr 6ish, only rarely going out to unlock nodes if I had to. 

Earth is actually a great test of skill. Those level 1 Grineer don't seem so scary but they spawn like crazy and you have lots of rockets and fire coming at you, you can't even move!! 

After you have a good feel for The game, it's time to run void missions. In the void you get a great deal of good rewards like rare cores or prime parts. Stick to the lower stuff and go for 20 minutes, 20 rounds, etc at a time. You should either sell or trade your parts for the primed version of what ever archetype of weapons you are using now! (Prime rifles are dirt cheap, goes low as 10 p ive seen). This is optional but I find the primes are a lot better than their regular counter parts!! Plus it makes void a bit easier. Also you can get your self a nice pretty prime frame! 

After all this, I would recommend you run sorties. First rule of sortie. DONT BE A LIABILITY. If you find your self dying every 3 seconds in sortie, don't play them until you've got better survival skills. But once you master sorties, you will be rewarded with lots of great stuff! 

Good luck Tenno, may lotus guide you.