Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Ammo Mutations

Schregger

Question

Okay, I checked earlier today, and purchased the Syandana and Primed Reach, But I see those ammo mutation mods, and Im curious. Are they worth really buying? I could imagine for a bullet hose rifle like the Braton Prime, or the Dex Furis, but are they really any better than the non primed counterparts? Like, to an obvious effect?

Edited by Schregger

9 answers to this question

Can't hurt. If you're using ammo mutation anyway they are an upgrad obviously.

If you have the ammo scavenger mods for the aura slots I would put the Primed X Ammo Mutation mods at a very low priority. The auras are strong in their own right and stack with regular ammo mutation to get even more from off-type drops. IIRC they're all ~ polarities like Energy Siphon and Corrosive Projection so most of your frames are probably already set up for them. Then if you're in content where you really want a 4xCP group you should also have ammo restore packs (and the other restore packs) anyway.

So IMO the primed ammo mutation is really only a few weapons that really really wreck their ammo pool. Boar Prime and Synoid Gammacor come to mind first.

Glaxion is actually decent with ammo mutation and rifle scavenger aura if you're not wasting it playing ghostbusters (which there's nothing wrong with doing as long as you don't cross the streams) but it can go pure Viral so it's kind of asking for 4xCP use. I've not used it much in 4xCP myself so I can't say if Primed Ammo Mutation on it's own would keep it running or not.

Maybe Akstilleto Prime if you're also dropping a slot for Seeker and shooting at crowds.

Ammo mutation has 6 ranks.  Primed ammo mutation has 11 ranks.  Do you want to mutate almost twice as much ammo?  I think it's very much worthwhile on a couple of weapons, mainly the ones that have a fire rate above 20, or maybe something like Kohm (which eats ammo in chunks).  Not very worthwhile if you're not interested in the super-ammo-hungry guns.

12 minutes ago, VKhaun said:

\Maybe Akstilleto Prime if you're also dropping a slot for Seeker and shooting at crowds.

I'd disagree about this part

I took mah Mesa and Akstiletto P to a T4 survival for 40 mins, never fell below 300 ammo (it was solo so i was the only one killing stuff) . Basically you need to fire Akstiletto in bursts and you will never run out of ammo, as long as your damage is high (put crit mods in there)

9 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

I'd disagree about this part

I took mah Mesa and Akstiletto P to a T4 survival for 40 mins, never fell below 300 ammo (it was solo so i was the only one killing stuff) . Basically you need to fire Akstiletto in bursts and you will never run out of ammo, as long as your damage is high (put crit mods in there)

that will work until you reach the high levels, then you will have to drop your entire mag for a kill. Also we dont know if they are gonna hit us with the multishot change and if then when..

better be safe than sorry

32 minutes ago, -Ba-ikebothun said:

that will work until you reach the high levels, then you will have to drop your entire mag for a kill. Also we dont know if they are gonna hit us with the multishot change and if then when..

better be safe than sorry

Well yeah, multishot nerf is gonna kill the ammo economy in a lot of good weapons if it happens

1 hour ago, Schregger said:

Okay, I checked earlier today, and purchased the Syandana and Primed Reach, But I see those ammo mutation mods, and Im curious. Are they worth really buying? I could imagine for a bullet hose rifle like the Braton Prime, or the Dex Furis, but are they really any better than the non primed counterparts? Like, to an obvious effect?

Yes.  Grab them even if you aren't planning on using them now.  You can grab them without paying a 1 million credit tax.  It sucks passing on a prime mod and then a few months later you have a need for it.

2 hours ago, VKhaun said:

Can't hurt. If you're using ammo mutation anyway they are an upgrad obviously.

If you have the ammo scavenger mods for the aura slots I would put the Primed X Ammo Mutation mods at a very low priority. The auras are strong in their own right and stack with regular ammo mutation to get even more from off-type drops. IIRC they're all ~ polarities like Energy Siphon and Corrosive Projection so most of your frames are probably already set up for them. Then if you're in content where you really want a 4xCP group you should also have ammo restore packs (and the other restore packs) anyway.

So IMO the primed ammo mutation is really only a few weapons that really really wreck their ammo pool. Boar Prime and Synoid Gammacor come to mind first.

Glaxion is actually decent with ammo mutation and rifle scavenger aura if you're not wasting it playing ghostbusters (which there's nothing wrong with doing as long as you don't cross the streams) but it can go pure Viral so it's kind of asking for 4xCP use. I've not used it much in 4xCP myself so I can't say if Primed Ammo Mutation on it's own would keep it running or not.

Maybe Akstilleto Prime if you're also dropping a slot for Seeker and shooting at crowds.

You do raise a good point, and with just two words. thanks

Synoid Gammacor, Kohm, Ignis.

You NEED These really really bad. Id say if possible go and buy them, the Need will come eventually if you are going to 23882 Forma These Things

Edit\I got Ammo Problems really really bad if i use the normal Ammo Mutation with the Gamamcor, so they definately are totally worth it.

Edited by tischkanteVS