Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Accelerant - is this normal? i become a bit angry

Teshin_Dax

Question

18 answers to this question

Just now, WaRsHooTer666 said:

When i or a teammate casted Accelerant .. 

after that ,., they just have often more damage resistance than before ..

SRY BUT IT IS ANNOYING

what?

You mean the enemies take less damage?

Have not used Ember recently (in a few patches I mean), but it certainly didn't cause that before, it increased Fire damage.

I presume you guys are using fire damage and not just expecting all damage to be increased by Accelerant?

Maybe a new bug, I will have to test it.

Edited by Egg_Chen

4 minutes ago, DeFragMe said:

hm.. if i remember correctly they should get more fire damage, maybe a bad build these days gives them fire resitence, like a slova?

havent used ember in quite a while.

Not only fire resistance  ... i meant in general .. every kind of weapon damage ... I tested it with corrosive damage on weapons

Edited by WaRsHooTer666

I'm not going to Forma my Ember to check this in game but according to Warframe-Builder.com you can get a damage multiplier below x1.0 of you use Overextended and aren't a high enough Rank to have Rank 3 Accelerant.  A Rank 0 Accelerant with maxed Overextended and no positive Power Strength mods gives a x0.6 multiplier.

34 minutes ago, Katinka said:

I'm not going to Forma my Ember to check this in game but according to Warframe-Builder.com you can get a damage multiplier below x1.0 of you use Overextended and aren't a high enough Rank to have Rank 3 Accelerant.  A Rank 0 Accelerant with maxed Overextended and no positive Power Strength mods gives a x0.6 multiplier.

I used no fire damage (a teammate casted it) and .. i dont have negative strength (he too)

Edited by WaRsHooTer666

Just now, WaRsHooTer666 said:

I used no fire damage (a teammate casted it) and .. i dont have negative strength

It would be the teammate's Power Strength that would matter if they cast it but it shouldn't matter at all if you have no Heat damage.  If there were no other factors (such as coincidental spawn of an Ancient Healer nearby) then I'd suggest a bug report thread is needed.  Try to replicate it and then start a bug thread explaining how to replicate it and hopefully it'll get fixed at some point.

39 minutes ago, Katinka said:

I believe the multiplier is additive, and doesn't convert your total fire damage to 0.6x. So you'd do 1.6x damage with that build.

2 minutes ago, Katinka said:

It would be the teammate's Power Strength that would matter if they cast it but it shouldn't matter at all if you have no Heat damage.  If there were no other factors (such as coincidental spawn of an Ancient Healer nearby) then I'd suggest a bug report thread is needed.  Try to replicate it and then start a bug thread explaining how to replicate it and hopefully it'll get fixed at some point.

This. Attempt to replicate it. If you cannot, it is likely that there was a Healer around or something.

Just now, Wandering_Cyberdragoness said:

what they are suggesting is that they are losing 40% power strength from overextended, much like in a speed nova build.

Yes, and I'm suggesting that it doesn't lower your fire damage, only lowers the bonus.

22 minutes ago, InterstellarSpooks said:

I believe the multiplier is additive, and doesn't convert your total fire damage to 0.6x. So you'd do 1.6x damage with that build.

According to the Wiki a Rank 0 Accelerant multiplies your damage by x1.5 and according to Warframe-Builder that can be reduced to x0.6.  Admittedly, neither of those sources are official and may not be accurate and, as I said earlier, I'm not going to Forma my Ember just to test out low rank builds!  (A fully ranked Ember can't get below x1.)  If someone else wants to, feel free.  Given that the OP has said they weren't even using Heat damage it's a somewhat moot point how the damage buff works anyway as it shouldn't have had any effect.

EDIT:  It occured to me that I could at least test of Accelerant did nothing at x1.  It seems you are correct that the listed 'Damage Multiplier' is actually added to your base damage.  Fireball on a level 140 Ancient Healer was giving 79 damage per second without Accelerant and 159 damage per second with it cast.  Only mod equipped was a max rank Overextended and listed Damage Multiplier was 1.

Edited by Katinka

12 minutes ago, Katinka said:

According to the Wiki a Rank 0 Accelerant multiplies your damage by x1.5 and according to Warframe-Builder that can be reduced to x0.6.  Admittedly, neither of those sources are official and may not be accurate and, as I said earlier, I'm not going to Forma my Ember just to test out low rank builds!  (A fully ranked Ember can't get below x1.)  If someone else wants to, feel free.  Given that the OP has said they weren't even using Heat damage it's a somewhat moot point how the damage buff works anyway as it shouldn't have had any effect.

EDIT:  It occured to me that I could at least test of Accelerant did nothing at x1.  It seems you are correct that the listed 'Damage Multiplier' is actually added to your base damage.  Fireball on a level 140 Ancient Healer was giving 79 damage per second without Accelerant and 159 damage per second with it cast.  Only mod equipped was a max rank Overextended and listed Damage Multiplier was 1.

Good to know. Nice testing, Tenno.

4 hours ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

When i or a teammate casted Accelerant .. 

after that ,., they just have often be more damage resistance than before ..

SRY BUT IT IS ANNOYING

Was an Ancient Healer around? Their aura can diminish all damage done to other enemies around them.

Was an Arson/Caustic Eximus nearby? They can decrease/nullify Fire damage in their area (and all damage combination using Fire).

If you're able to reproduce without those conditions, please use the relevant PC Bug Reports section, thank you.

Thread Harpooned and Dragged from General Discussion to Players helping Players.

46 minutes ago, Yaerion said:

Thread Harpooned and Dragged from General Discussion to Players helping Players.

Secretly reffering to the new harpoon weapon coming out very very soon? :O , are u suggesting it will come in rails update?, secret slippery slip up? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(had to say it xD)