Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How can I have fun with Warframe again?

Scylax

Question

I've had an account of Warframe for two years. I'm mastery rank 13, I've unlocked all of the planet nodes, and I've amassed a collection of items that I'm satisfied with. Warframe has gotten boring for me, but the combat and control interface is still amazing, so I'm looking for a way to reignite my experience with Warframe and start having fun again. I decided that I would only do this under one condition though: I absolute refuse to grind for anything. This means no more spending an upwards of 36 hours grinding for the last Reaper Prime part in endless Derelict missions, no more spending hours repeating the same void missions over and over to farm for the unvaulted prime parts, no more farming for prime parts to rank up in syndicates, and no more grinding for cryotic, plastids, and polymer bundles to build items. I've ended up wasting so much time grinding for petty items in so many games that I am completely done with grinding. The problem being that everywhere I look for fun in Warframe, it's hidden behind grinding -- even recent quests.

I've thought of PvP, but I imagine I'll get bored of Warframe pretty quickly if I limit myself to just that. Is there anything else I can have fun with in Warframe that doesn't involve grinding?

Edited by Scylax

13 minutes ago, Mcl_BlueMadness said:

The best solution out of these, IMO, really is to play with friends, though. That one goes the longest way in deterring burnout.

This isn't always the best solution though, it's really one that depends on the person.

I personally am an introvert, I have no desire whatsoever to be stuck with my friends, be it online or real life friends, in the games that I play, I even prefer playing with random strangers over playing with friends.

Again, not saying it's a crap solution or anything, just saying it working heavily depends on the person in question.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

I have tried so many other games but none kept me going like Warframe did, even if I feel like the game is slowly turning its head from the playerbase, the number 1 reason I fell in love with it in the first place. Indeed, I still love the gameplay, and I think its one of the most fluid and exciting out there, reason I keep coming back to it.

But I slowly turn away again as I remind myself of how broken some of the features are. I mean, I love arkwing, loved doing AW missions, but the shrank the Interception maps and now it feels claustrophobic. Hopefully, the new update will bring improvements in that domain but I remain skeptical and DE has a history for under-delivering.

Now, as I read some of the comments, I have to completely agree with PsychedelicSnake (what a name, GG), and I will also try to do just that. I will log in, and play my Mesa, which collects dust for over one year now, play my lovely Fang Prime, which I completely forgot in favor of War. 

I think the mistake was mine here, I`ve always been in there for the loot, for the moneyz and the glory. But I see that that has to change. But for that I feel like, at least, have to be part of a voice community, since playing solo feels so bad. 

Let me know if you`d like to play together, or if any of you has a Discord Sever in place (regardless of Clan. It would be nice to have a massive Discord Sever for all to join actually <3 ).

I know I haven`t given you any reason or motivation, but if you truly love something, you dont love it for a reason. And I should start doing that. 

Had this sme issue awhile back even took 6 months off from the game...after returning I decided to randomize my playtime. What I usually do is run missions with PuG's then join in and help them go get the stuff they're looking for. By doing this it randomizes what you do...you are grinding but t doesn't feel that way because anytime you want to leave you can without feeling like you failed.

2 hours ago, Scylax said:

I've had an account of Warframe for two years. I'm mastery rank 13, I've unlocked all of the planet nodes, and I've amassed a collection of items that I'm satisfied with. Warframe has gotten boring for me, but the combat and control interface is still amazing, so I'm looking for a way to reignite my experience with Warframe and start having fun again. I decided that I would only do this under one condition though: I absolute refuse to grind for anything. This means no more spending an upwards of 36 hours grinding for the last Reaper Prime part in endless Derelict missions, no more spending hours repeating the same void missions over and over to farm for the unvaulted prime parts, no more farming for prime parts to rank up in syndicates, and no more grinding for cryotic, plastids, and polymer bundles to build items. I've ended up wasting so much time grinding for petty items in so many games that I am completely done with grinding. The problem being that everywhere I look for fun in Warframe, it's hidden behind grinding -- even recent quests.

I've thought of PvP, but I imagine I'll get bored of Warframe pretty quickly if I limit myself to just that. Is there anything else I can have fun with in Warframe that doesn't involve grinding?

Pvp is pretty fun pal. Me, I'm myself about where you are, I've started pvp myself for similar reasons and I'm having the time of my life right now.

It takes some time gettin the Hang of it and you'll stop counting the times you bite the dust fighting some excals w mk1 weapons but it's such a amazing experience once you have your preference Set.

You'll still gonna grind for Mods but that's honestly the smallest toll to pay.

Try pvp, it's fun! Playing with friends is also fun as hell. i'll usually just Chat my days away with some guys Or...get some distance dude. Every game stops beein fun after 2 long years... Fallout just released its far Harbor dlc and the new Monster Hunter should Release this month. Try something else and revisit after a while. Don't force yourself to play if you're just not enjoying yourself ?

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108