Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New player here, looking for advice on Hysteria.

Katchwi2

Question

I know there are many topics asking the same. Ive been googling, reading patch notes but i only get more and more dizzy... i just want accurate answers about this skill. Does weapon affect this skill (dmg, as, crit, everything)? I readed an outdated guide and i started crafting a tipedo (not the weapon, mats...) and its already even more frustration when i should be just enjoying the game. Because as far as i tested (really quick) and felt, weapon does affect its attack speed, mod too. I tested it on Skana and cronus, the last one with both as mod and without it.

So basically everyone has a version of what works and what not (asked in clan too...), i just want the accurate info.

11 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Katchwi2 said:

Does weapon affect this skill (dmg, as, crit, everything)?

Yup. I personally take Scindo Prime or something better with it. As Hysteria inherits the melee weapon's mods and I think what melee weapon you have would effect. I haven't really played Val since the change.

Here my build for Hysteria if your curious:

http://goo.gl/RxYnpr

6 minutes ago, KJRenz said:

The Melee weapon you choose for Hysteria does not matter. Only the mods on the Melee weapon itself.

Thanks!

Yes i really felt a diference when i added as mod on cronus.

Do you have source on your statement?

11 minutes ago, Katchwi2 said:

Thanks!

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Hysteria

Hysteria is not affected by the equipped melee weapon's stats, weapon augments (e.g., Justice Blades), class-specific mods (e.g., Covert Lethality), or stat-modifying skins (e.g., Manticore).

9 minutes ago, Katchwi2 said:

Thanks!

Use the wiki, Luke! 

Seriously, you should use the wiki. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Hysteria

On this page it states that the equipped weapon's stats do not affect the ability, but that equipped mods do. And from now on, I'd recommend checking here before the forums, since frequently the answer to your question will be written there in plain English, and you won't need to sift through forum responses.  :)

19 minutes ago, Katchwi2 said:

Thanks!

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Valkyr/Abilities

edit: only mods affect histeria , weapon status dont get caried over , same for excalibur and wukong ( syndicate mods and shadow dept mods dont work )

Edited by bad4youLT

4 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Use the wiki, Luke! 

Seriously, you should use the wiki. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Hysteria

On this page it states that the equipped weapon's stats do not affect the ability, but that equipped mods do. And from now on, I'd recommend checking here before the forums, since frequently the answer to your question will be written there in plain English, and you won't need to sift through forum responses.  :)

Yes i did ;D Thats why i am crafting tipedo right now!! ;)

1 hour ago, Katchwi2 said:

I know there are many topics asking the same. Ive been googling, reading patch notes but i only get more and more dizzy... i just want accurate answers about this skill. Does weapon affect this skill (dmg, as, crit, everything)? I readed an outdated guide and i started crafting a tipedo (not the weapon, mats...) and its already even more frustration when i should be just enjoying the game. Because as far as i tested (really quick) and felt, weapon does affect its attack speed, mod too. I tested it on Skana and cronus, the last one with both as mod and without it.

So basically everyone has a version of what works and what not (asked in clan too...), i just want the accurate info.

Weapons in the past used to affect hysteria  but this is no longer the case during the slight rework hysteria got changed so that it now has 250  base damage of all , slash,impact,puncture  and scales off with power damage    , and now is able to used  elemental mods wich dint affect old hysteria

58 minutes ago, Retepzednem said:

Weapons in the past used to affect hysteria  but this is no longer the case during the slight rework hysteria got changed so that it now has 250  base damage of all , slash,impact,puncture  and scales off with power damage    , and now is able to used  elemental mods wich dint affect old hysteria

Sorry i dont understand you. You are just confusing me even more.

12 minutes ago, Katchwi2 said:

Sorry i dont understand you. You are just confusing me even more.

He means that hysteria now has 250 base damage, and that damage is split evenly between impact, puncture, and slash. This damage scales with power strength, and uses the mods installed on your weapon. He also says that it didn't used to work this way, but it was reworked. This is all correct, and basically what we've all been saying. Hysteria also has innate life steal, and a base 50% critical chance, which is insane. 

1 hour ago, Lord_Azrael said:

He means that hysteria now has 250 base damage, and that damage is split evenly between impact, puncture, and slash. This damage scales with power strength, and uses the mods installed on your weapon. He also says that it didn't used to work this way, but it was reworked. This is all correct, and basically what we've all been saying. Hysteria also has innate life steal, and a base 50% critical chance, which is insane. 

Ty, really useful info.