The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova P Build?

--UL--NightBlade_NB

Question

12 answers to this question

For any nova build you need Max Duration (what makes the range of MP bigger) Beyond that you either put on Overextended if you're going for a speed build or Intensify if you're going for a slow build (You can put on more strength mods here but beyond that all it does is increase blast damage)

My builds:

Slow:

RzH44yL.jpg

Speed:

TQEf6NC.jpg

Get 145% str and as much duration as possible for slow build. Intensify+Power Drift will get you there.

xMegotF.jpg

Get 040% str and as much duration as possible for fast build. Overextended will get you there.

5J2Zdhk.jpg

I sack 50 duration for efficiency in both variants, and spent 3 forma to run both builds on the same chassis.

I'll be honest I don't see the point in putting additional power strength for blast damage. Intensify and Power drift give all the strength for full slow, and your blast damage isn't doing anything against high level mobs, especially not when range is at 40%. For my slow build I use intensify + Power drift, max duration and the rest is all efficiency and survival (primed flow + QT + Nova's knockdown blast is not bad for staying alive).

Also for defence missions a neutral nova can be quite nice, have str between 100 and 110 so you don't slow up the waves (speed can be dangerous, slow annoying for these missions), and focus on Anti-matter drop with augment as a personal shield and nuke. 

EDIT:
As for where you'd want the nova builds and why:

Slow nova (145% power STR or more, note the slow caps at 145% STR): Survival (sometimes), exterminate, interception, excavation etc. This slows down enemies and their attacks, so it makes it a lot easier to stay alive and defend things. NOT recommended for normal defence as it slows waves down. 

Neutral nova (power STR very close to 100%): Survival (better than slow if you have trouble getting enough life support as enemies come to you) and normal defence. Here the prime just makes enemies easier to kill. 

Speed nova (power STR low using over-extended): Fast farming, for example going to a defence mission and using prime to speed up the enemy waves so you can farm faster. DON'T BRING TO AN UNPREPARED SQUAD, they will get eaten alive by the super fast enemies XD

Edited by Ciaus

My favorite build is neutral with 70% power strength to run general missions. that way m-prime does not affect the movement speed.

Heavy hitting weapons (non-crit) are great on her if you plan to use AMD a lot like I do.

And if you want to go to the extremes then I would even recommend arcane victory as AMD procs it with relative ease. 

On 04/07/2016 at 1:41 PM, -Amaterasu- said:

For any nova build you need Max Duration (what makes the range of MP bigger) Beyond that you either put on Overextended if you're going for a speed build or Intensify if you're going for a slow build (You can put on more strength mods here but beyond that all it does is increase blast damage)

My builds:

Slow:

RzH44yL.jpg

Speed:

TQEf6NC.jpg

Would this work with the non primed versions of the mods you have used?

On 7/4/2016 at 5:41 AM, -Amaterasu- said:

My builds:

Slow:

RzH44yL.jpg

No offense intended but that build is terrible, primarily because you have WAY too much power strength.  All you need is 145% to maximize the slow effect of m prime.  So blind rage is trashing your efficiency for no reason and the intensify is straight up wasting a mod slot.

The best ways to get 145% PS is either a rank 8 transient fortitude or intensify + power drift.

I also don't like redirection and vigor.  Just replace both with quick thinking.

Removing all the bad mods gives you four slots.  One for QT, one for (primed) continuity, one for streamline and one for anything you want.  Handspring, rush, the anti matter augment, etc.

Finally a good Nova prime build can not use the three maduri polarities that come default.  You have to use a forma to polarize one of them into either a second naramon or a second vazarin.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

No offense intended but that build is terrible, primarily because you have WAY too much power strength.  All you need is 145% to maximize the slow effect of m prime.  So blind rage is trashing your efficiency for no reason and the intensify is straight up wasting a mod slot.

The best ways to get 145% PS is either a rank 8 transient fortitude or intensify + power drift.

I also don't like redirection and vigor.  Just replace both with quick thinking.

Removing all the bad mods gives you four slots.  One for QT, one for (primed) continuity, one for streamline and one for anything you want.  Handspring, rush, the anti matter augment, etc.

Finally a good Nova prime build can not use the three maduri polarities that come default.  You have to use a forma to polarize one of them into either a second naramon or a second vazarin.

Took the words right out of my mouth lol

3 hours ago, (XB1)STIG x NECRO said:

Would this work with the non primed versions of the mods you have used?

Yes, it would just be slightly less effective regular flow was fine for me for years MP lasts quite a bit, If you can though I'd try for Primed continuity since the extra duration can really help expand the range on MP by a good ammount.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

I'm perfectly aware it's a rather inefficient build (I even took note of the fact that what I did isn't necessary and doesn't really do much) but:

1. I don't really want to forma my nova for a marginally better difference, it works just fine for what I use it for and energy is never really a problem. I don't use quick thinking because I'm good enough at not getting hit in general that I either don't need it or if I'm ever at the point that I would need it I'd just lose 800 energy instead and probably end up going down anyway which is even more of a waste than a 150 energy MP.

2. The extra strength is fairly useful to have on lower level missions where you can actually count on the blasts chaining kills, I know it's inefficient for doing so but I like to use my nova for a little more than just CC sometimes and it lasts long enough that I'm not exactly spamming it to eat away all my energy.

There are plenty of holes in that build but it takes no forma to do and gets the job done, I've gone to 80+ on T4 Survivals back when there were a thing on that build so it's at least good enough for my needs.

Edited by -Amaterasu-
Typo

1 hour ago, -Amaterasu- said:

1. I don't really want to forma my nova for a marginally better difference, it works just fine for what I use it for and energy is never really a problem. I don't use quick thinking because I'm good enough at not getting hit in general that I either don't need it or if I'm ever at the point that I would need it I'd just lose 800 energy instead and probably end up going down anyway which is even more of a waste than a 150 energy MP.

2. The extra strength is fairly useful to have on lower level missions where you can actually count on the blasts chaining kills, I know it's inefficient for doing so but I like to use my nova for a little more than just CC sometimes and it lasts long enough that I'm not exactly spamming it to eat away all my energy.

There are plenty of holes in that build but it takes no forma to do and gets the job done, I've gone to 80+ on T4 Survivals back when there were a thing on that build so it's at least good enough for my needs.

My reply wasn't directed at you because I have to assume you already have your mind made up that this is the build you want.  My reply is for the OP and any other newish player looking for a good nova build.  I only quoted you because it provided the context for my reply.

#1 - not wanting to forma your nova is fine, but it is still correct to do so.  If you don't need QT then you don't need vigor either.  I don't really care what mod you use to enhance your EHP.  The issue to me is using two mods when you only need one.

#2 - the extra strength is only good on low levels when you don't need it.   You are looking at an increase from 1160 blast damage to 2272.  I'm not going to kill my build for such a marginal difference, especially when narrow minded is nerfing the balst range down to 3.4 meters.  There are far better uses for those two mod slots.