Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara Farming Help

NotAnNSASpy

Question

Any help is appreciated. I know all the main facts of farming including where each part drops and how stealthing all three of the data points will give you a higher chance for success. I just can't get the BP. No matter which mission I try, I just don't. I've run 25-higher lvl spy missions around 50 times and no luck. Any help, farming tips or spy tips would be greatly appreciated. If you're wondering, I use Volt Prime to speed run these missions and to dispose of the cameras easier. I almost always stealth all three objectives and when I don't, I usually abort unless I'm on my last objective.

21 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, NotAnNSASpy said:

Any help is appreciated. I know all the main facts of farming including where each part drops and how stealthing all three of the data points will give you a higher chance for success. I just can't get the BP. No matter which mission I try, I just don't. I've run 25-higher lvl spy missions around 50 times and no luck. Any help, farming tips or spy tips would be greatly appreciated. If you're wondering, I use Volt Prime to speed run these missions and to dispose of the cameras easier. I almost always stealth all three objectives and when I don't, I usually abort unless I'm on my last objective.

courage

I know the pain too, after 1 month I finally get the BP sunday

after doing 10 perfect spy missions on the highest of planets and not get any part of Ivara, I took less than 3 mins to max a narrow minded mod and sold it for 450p and bought the package. I have little to no tolerance for unnecessary bs. some say it's a challenge, it's just RNG  grind etc but for me it's a hefty pile of human dung.

41 minutes ago, NotAnNSASpy said:

Would you perhaps be able to recall which node you found the BP in? Good knowing there's light at the end of the tunnel ;)

it was on ceres lex perhaps, or the other :/

AFAIK completing a vault stealthily doesn't affect anything except the rewarded affinity.

Also, if you have trouble with completing them undetected, Gnathos on Eris is a spy mission with infested guarding the vaults, which makes it way easier than the corpus ones, good for speedrunning.

Otherwise I'd suggest completing all high level planets and only do nightmare spy missions when they appear. That might take longer, but if you're not in a rush it's more rewarding and fun.

The drop locations and rates are on the wiki. It should only take about 20 tries to get both the helmet and BP (they drop from the same nodes) so if you've really done 50 you probably need to check some part of your strategy. You should be on a minimum lv26 or higher node and you must recover ALL THREE data without failing any of them, as the Ivara pieces are rewarded last after two other identified rewards at the end of the mission.

List of nodes from her wiki page.

Ceres     Hapke     Grineer Shipyard
Ceres     Lex     Grineer Galleon
Eris     Cyath     Infested Ship
Eris     Gnathos     Corpus Outpost
Neptune     Laomedeia     orpus Outpost
Neptune     Sao     Corpus Ship
Pluto     Oceanum     Corpus Outpost

Edited by VKhaun

5 hours ago, NotAnNSASpy said:

-snip-

Quoted because you're not following the thread.

3 hours ago, TheScytale said:

AFAIK completing a vault stealthily doesn't affect anything except the rewarded affinity.

Also, if you have trouble with completing them undetected, Gnathos on Eris is a spy mission with infested guarding the vaults, which makes it way easier than the corpus ones, good for speedrunning.

Otherwise I'd suggest completing all high level planets and only do nightmare spy missions when they appear. That might take longer, but if you're not in a rush it's more rewarding and fun.

Check this guy ^ he's way to down for someone who says the most important (1st sentence), stealthy or alarmed, drop chance isn't affected.

1 hour ago, VKhaun said:

The drop locations and rates are on the wiki. It should only take about 20 tries to get both the helmet and BP (they drop from the same nodes) so if you've really done 50 you probably need to check some part of your strategy. You should be on a minimum lv26 or higher node and you must recover ALL THREE data without failing any of them, as the Ivara pieces are rewarded last after two other identified rewards at the end of the mission.

That's Gambler's Fallacy. No matter how many runs you do, the % remains the same, and so, if unlucky you can never get, even after a million runs and if lucky you could get it 10 of them in a row. There isn't a maximum number of runs until it drops. The only strategy there can be is, hack the 3 vaults in a Tier 3 Spy mission, no less, no more, nothing else matters.

56 minutes ago, Manyc said:

That's Gambler's Fallacy. No matter how many runs you do, the % remains the same, and so, if unlucky you can never get, even after a million runs and if lucky you could get it 10 of them in a row. There isn't a maximum number of runs until it drops. The only strategy there can be is, hack the 3 vaults in a Tier 3 Spy mission, no less, no more, nothing else matters.

Even if we were dealing with true random math or several decks worth of well shuffled cards you'd be taking Gambler's Fallacy way too far and you're putting the word "guaranteed" in there that no one has used. In the history of Las Vegas no one has drawn ten straight flushes of the same cards in a row (at least not without being buried in the desert afterwards when they were found to be cheating) even though that's "possible". The Law of Large Numbers makes your hyperbole technically correct but effectively wrong.

In reality we are working with a video game RNG designed to look random and the Ivara BP is set to 7.5% on the table. I stand by my recommendation that they should double check their strategy, to make sure to not fail any vaults and to play on the nodes listed on the wiki, because fifty tries is over double what's expected to get both parts combined which indicates something probably isn't right with what they're currently doing.

Edited by VKhaun

7 hours ago, NotAnNSASpy said:

Would you perhaps be able to recall which node you found the BP in? Good knowing there's light at the end of the tunnel ;)

The particular node is totally irrelevant.

The only requirements are 1) Level range is appropriate for the part you are looking for 2) it is a Spy mission. The wiki gives you that information (and might even list which ones for each part/tier).

I farmed Ivara twice (PC and Xbox), the second time definitely took longer as RNG was being uncooperative. I had like 3 maybe 4 helmets before the bp dropped. It didn't matter too much to me, as I was using the runs to level up weapons, and was worth doing them regardless. That is usually the secret to not burning out on doing her farm, make sure that isn't the only reason you are there. If the part drops, awesome. If it doesn't at least you got X ranks on your rifle etc. Basically manage your expectations so it isn't just a constant source of disappointment, as that is what really kills it for people.

The bp Dropps as well? And there goes thejoy i had when I finally got the parts yeterday...

Anyways, i found grineer spys to be the easiest runs... thers a Lotta broken envirement to Bypass most, some are frickin fast and you can basicly brute-force trough all of them. Having ciphers helps in the higher ones tho

7 hours ago, VKhaun said:

Even if we were dealing with true random math or several decks worth of well shuffled cards you'd be taking Gambler's Fallacy way too far and you're putting the word "guaranteed" in there that no one has used. In the history of Las Vegas no one has drawn ten straight flushes of the same cards in a row (at least not without being buried in the desert afterwards when they were found to be cheating) even though that's "possible". The Law of Large Numbers makes your hyperbole technically correct but effectively wrong.

In reality we are working with a video game RNG designed to look random and the Ivara BP is set to 7.5% on the table. I stand by my recommendation that they should double check their strategy, to make sure to not fail any vaults and to play on the nodes listed on the wiki, because fifty tries is over double what's expected to get both parts combined which indicates something probably isn't right with what they're currently doing.

I didn't put the word "guaranteed" anywhere, I just said it's possible for it to happen. While helping a fellow player, looking for BP as well, we obtained the helmet in 2 successive runs (killing the Tenno inside, as a matter of speech). I just used an hyperbole to make the idea clearer, not to give a solid example.

You're the one using "guaranteed" when you say the fellow player already went the double of the expected runs. There's no need to rethink the player's strategy since, from the information given, he's already doing more than it's needed (the part where he's forcing himself to do them stealthy and aborting if alarms are raised),

What you mean is that this game has weighted RNG, but that makes no difference because Weighted RNG is still RNG. When people say "you may get it once every '20' runs" is just translating the %. Doesn't mean he will, but you'll be feeding the wrong idea for those who aren't used to it. Like a lot of people are mislead to buy scratch tickets in bulks of X because the ad for it said they should get a good reward on 1 out of X tickets. That kind of information is just to give a clearer idea of the drop rate. It's not to ever be taken into account literally.

My own situation was I got each piece in 1~2 runs, except for the Chassis which took me around 30 runs. For someone who runs Spy for fun, keys and specific mods all the time, I'm 100% sure I always did everything that is needed to make it drop. It was just the weighted RNG not rolling in my favor.

42 minutes ago, Manyc said:

-snip-

For the second time... RNG in a video game is not the same as True Random and can not go to extreme streaks. It must eventually hit the other values. Even if it were True Random you would still be effectively wrong and technically correct.

I don't understand why you're trying so hard  to pretend the wiki's guideline is meaningless when it's not.

A player comes to make a help thread saying they've done 50+ correct runs. Even if they actually have made 50+ correct runs, assuming they're a lottery winner and telling them they may never get it is not a helpful response. Double checking their strategy is.

Edited by VKhaun

2 minutes ago, VKhaun said:

You can only confirm either by keep trying towards infinity. True random is just Theoretical, as there never is a True random because everything gets weighted in a way or another (Coin toss -> Air pressure / movement, landing area type / consistency, etc.. you get it).

I'm not trying hard to show the wikia as meaningless, I'm just reinforcing it as what it is: a guideline. It's not supposed to be taken Literally but just to be a guide or give an idea. The wikia isn't perfect.

There is no need to double check a strategy that is already correct, maybe you should take into account the information he already gave and mention only what really matters.

Double checking what already is correct may lead to mistakes.

And I'm not assuming him as a lottery winner nor similar, on my first post, that 3rd paragraph was only meant for you, I just wanted to bring up what only matters and clear anything that may lead to the confusion of other possible readers. What isn't technical but simple to some, may not be to others.

1 hour ago, Manyc said:

I just wanted to bring up what only matters and clear anything that may lead to the confusion of other possible readers.

You have not brought up anything that matters. You haven't discussed the first post except to quote someone else. You have caused the potential for confusion by conflating True Random, real life scenarios and video game RNG. That's the only reason I've replied to what is essentially a derail. It seems you don't really want to have the discussion you started though.

This obvious NSA spy ran 50+ runs out of an expected 20 then came here and posted for help. He stated a misconception about stealth and did not mention vault failures. Those hoof beats we hear coming are probably just horses, probably not zebra and almost certainly not unicorns.

1 hour ago, Manyc said:

I'm not trying hard to show the wikia as meaningless, I'm just reinforcing it as what it is: a guideline. It's not supposed to be taken Literally but just to be a guide or give an idea.

First it was a Gambler's Fallacy to bring it up, then you tried to say I was using it as an exact number, and now we're full circle to you telling ME what a guideline is after you attacked me for using it as one in the first place? Tenno, please.

Edited by VKhaun

I hope you get your Ivara soon. What worked for me was to actually focus on something else. Farm Cambria-Earth for kubrow eggs, Scylla-Sedna for Rime Rounds and Cyath-Eris for Covert Lethality and to level up frames and weapons. Both Scylla and Cyath are ships so relatively small tile set without vast open spaces (AKA short runs). Also Cyath is full infested mission so no "stealth" required. And because you go there for something else you don't burn out that fast.

17 hours ago, ranks21 said:

after doing 10 perfect spy missions on the highest of planets and not get any part of Ivara, I took less than 3 mins to max a narrow minded mod and sold it for 450p and bought the package. I have little to no tolerance for unnecessary bs. some say it's a challenge, it's just RNG  grind etc but for me it's a hefty pile of human dung.

450p?! Wouldn't go for half that on PS4.

10 hours ago, VKhaun said:

You're the one going around, I'm just 'trying' to follow so I don't simply ignore you as that would be unpleasant. and it's you who created a possible problem by bringing a Gambler's Fallacy and then kept adding new info.

First of all, try reading again my first post. I quoted OP because I was just making sure he'd notice someone answered him as he isn't following the thread, and brought to relevance what it was, as an attempt to justify my action.

Then I quoted you, to make sure he didn't take you literally, because you're not giving a guideline when you say something similar as that there is something wrong because he had done 50 while it should have happened in about 20. He did mention Aborting on when he didn't do them fully on stealth, aka failure.

Take your pride elsewhere, I'm not attacking anybody, this is a discussion.