Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vacuum general mod; Carrier becomes the first Arcwing Companion

Wandrecanada

Guys what if they removed Carrier's vacuum to give it to other sentinels.

What if they then changed Carrier to be a carrier in the Naval sense and made it the first Arcwing sentinel? One that spawns tiny swarm fighters?

Carrier stays unique, we get a new addon for Arcwing and a new class of companion and everyone gets to improve quality of life by ignoring parts of the game that could be considered punishing.

It was suggested I post this as it's own message. I've always had this in the back of my mind but never really voiced it on the suggestion forums.

Seems like it could be a clean way to get what everyone wants and maybe add some new depth to part of the game that was missing a standard Warframe component.

Thoughts?

Sentinels and their abilitys would be great in archwing.Especialy Carrier because of itsVacuum ability because its so hard to pick up drops in space,large maps archwing is played on.

Some said earlyer that mechanics of archwing would not allow sentinels in it.Well they could be mounted on archwing itself,have their own seating.Something like R2D2 on Luk's space fighter :)  

It's been discussed before - Helios was well demanded too (nobody likes scanning in the middle of a battle zone with practically zero cover). Not seeming likely at the moment though and Carrier is a touchy subject for a lot of players without increasing its appeal even more (esp in the midst of kavats release... who people will use for MR after before going straight back to carrier prime despite DEs hard work on the pet kitty cats)

15 hours ago, HarrodTasker said:

I can grab my own drops in AW mode.  What I want is Helios to work there, so I can get codex scans without standing around like a moron while being fired upon.

You didn't read my post. This is about Vacuum more than Carrier.  Just suggesting a new use for Carrier since it's crutch is a point of debate.

I'm suggesting a full remake of Carrier and remove it from the non Arcwing gameplay to make it a new kind of companion in the one part of Warframe that does not support companions.

2 hours ago, Wandrecanada said:

You didn't read my post. This is about Vacuum more than Carrier.

Yeah, I did read your post.  The part about having Carrier be the first arcwing sentinel.  Then I said that if there were one arcwing sentinel I'd want to be Helios, because I for one don't give a salty toot about vaccuum.