The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limited legendary mods

Endorphinz

PVE Game.......you know right? Enemy level scaling....
PVP game = without mods, balanced.
PVE Game = Fun
Well. Is a pleasure the  farm core and credits for the "end game" ( or  player who just love the game ). Full mods.... Maxed rank....Change builds for fight.....

Limit for.....?

Or you play only against low level? 

Try playing raids, sorties, survival 40-50 lvl per 40 minutes+ ......Nullifiers, bombards and eximus/ancients.....

Mods no make difference. In certain levels....only teamwork and intelligence. 

19 hours ago, Endorphinz said:

By now everyone knows what legendary mods are. Seeing how they offer a substantial boost in power, all based upon your good timing when the void trader comes around. I just noticed that my sidearm has 3 legendary mods equipped on it (target cracker, pistol gambit, heated charge) and maybe it's just not a good idea to let things inflate too ridiculously.

I propose limiting maybe only one or two legendary mods per build, just for balance reasons

Why don't we.. I don't know, make them more obtainable, instead of limit how many we can use hm?

On 7/5/2016 at 1:37 PM, Endorphinz said:

By now everyone knows what legendary mods are. Seeing how they offer a substantial boost in power, all based upon your good timing when the void trader comes around. I just noticed that my sidearm has 3 legendary mods equipped on it (target cracker, pistol gambit, heated charge) and maybe it's just not a good idea to let things inflate too ridiculously.

I propose limiting maybe only one or two legendary mods per build, just for balance reasons

No I think they messed up with the Mod capacity cost.

Had Legendary Mods had capacity drain closer to Archwing mods (20 drain capacity)

Players would theoretically be limited to the number of Legendary Mods that could be equipped:

8 slots with only 60 capacity would mean at most only 6 Legendary Mods, at a drain of 20  each, could be placed in matching polarity slots to half costs to 10.

Instead the average seems to be about 7-8 for Rank 10 mods in a matching polarity 

14 drain halved to 7 over 8 slots is 56 well under 60 drain 

However Elementals and Split Chamber and others are 15-16drain halved to 8

8drain on all 8 slots is 64 which exceeds the 60 capacity drain.

So technically DE sort-of has a current limit for Legendary Mods in that if the Drain Capacities are kept high, players cannot fit them all even if every Slot is polarized.

On 7/5/2016 at 3:44 PM, Endorphinz said:

But it would also alleviate the feeling of "oh no, I missed X legendary mod, now I'm not at my 100% potential and I shouldn't get into high-level stuff"

Also everyone's definition of "end-game" is pretty much open for debate.

"Alleviate the feeling".

Someone give this man an award for the most garbage nerf reason of the third quarter, 2016. Perhaps a liset noggle.

"I don't have it, others shouldnt benefit from it because I feel bad"

"Cant rank it up, others shouldnt benefit from it because I feel bad"

"I dont feel like wasting credits and time on ranking it up, others shouldnt benefit from it because I feel bad"

There are either mental issues at play, or the self esteem of a skinny female teenager thinking is fat, and you managed to translate that into warframe, because anyone who has used the non-primed mods in high level content realizes they are fully viable like that, and, that primed mods are completely optional. The alternative is that the players lacking in every area of gameplay are the ones coming up with that conclusion, or "feeling", or whatever, because they can't be bothered to at least put in the time or ingenuity to devise a way to obtain and rank these mods up. Hint, it doesn't take a college degree.

FFS people...

Edited by nms.

9 hours ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

No I think they messed up with the Mod capacity cost.

Had Legendary Mods had capacity drain closer to Archwing mods (20 drain capacity)

Players would theoretically be limited to the number of Legendary Mods that could be equipped:

8 slots with only 60 capacity would mean at most only 6 Legendary Mods, at a drain of 20  each, could be placed in matching polarity slots to half costs to 10.

Instead the average seems to be about 7-8 for Rank 10 mods in a matching polarity 

14 drain halved to 7 over 8 slots is 56 well under 60 drain 

However Elementals and Split Chamber and others are 15-16drain halved to 8

8drain on all 8 slots is 64 which exceeds the 60 capacity drain.

So technically DE sort-of has a current limit for Legendary Mods in that if the Drain Capacities are kept high, players cannot fit them all even if every Slot is polarized.

Pretty much this. While you can't limit Primed mods to two, one can not fill their weapons with nothing but primed mods.. in theory. Not enough primed mods to try right now.