Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

UI - can we get a little less?

I've noticed that as time's gone on the UI of Warframe has given you increasingly more information about other players.  We've always been able to see things like mastery rank and what gear's equipped, but now we also see the level of that gear, and we can even see what syndicates somebody is apart of along with how much standing they currently have and how much they can gain that day.  

This does not seem like a problem at first glance but I feel it gives people too much information about who they play with, a bit of anonymity wouldn't be bad.  Imagine if all you could see about a player is their mastery rank and their profile icon.  Of course that's a huge design decision, you can do much less coordination with randoms, you can't "make sure you have a mercy" but i feel like adding a bit of vagueness could increase the variety of frames we see.  You don't have to worry about being told "Excalibur is useless since his nerf, get an ash" or, what I assume Viver Draco recruitment is like, "fuq we dont need 3 EVs whose goin RJ i did last game" It opens up the possibility of lying, when you go into a mission you just sort of play to your own ability and helpo your team any way you can, it breaks reliance on certain, more powerful frames.  Of course, proper pre-planned groups of people can just ask each other what they're using.

This entire thread came about my realization of how I can't lie and say "I already did my syndicate daily's, sorry" to get out of helping others.  I don't feel like that changes the point, I feel like if we want to stop "meta" frames from becoming "necessary" we need to make it harder for the meta to spread.  Yes, this idea would make queuing for Draco and it's successor much more difficult, but I want to limit those cheap combos, I feel like all warframes should offer synergy with each other, not just a handful that achieve very specific numbers in limited situations.

we have information so that you don't need to play 20 questions in order to have any semblance of Co-Op.

in say, Mass Effect Multiplayer, while there is fairly solid information about the other Players, you don't absolutely require it because all of the mechanics there naturally create Co-Operative experiences.
in Warframe, you have to do it deliberately, almost nothing comes naturally Co-Operatively.

it really isn't a problem because most of this information is not in direct view. you have to go seek it out, it isn't omnipresent. 

if you want to be able to lie about your lies - why not just not lie? lying is not prudent to nearly anything. if you don't want to play with someone (friend?), just say that. if they get butthurt, they weren't whatever you thought they were in the first place.

basically, you want to change the game specifically to spite certain Players. this is the exact opposite way anything in a Video Game should handle things. specifically trying to spite Players (any of them) is always the wrong way to handle a situation. you hurt the game, to hurt certain Players? it's a lose-lose.

besides, this problem also isn't one because if somebody doesn't like what you have, shut them up by being competent and therefore holding your own regardless how 'perfect' or 'imperfect' your session is.
something is 'not ideal'? that's fine. be a good Player and therefore Mission is a success despite not being in an 'ideal situation'. problem solved.

Edited by taiiat