Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara teamplay

Soketsu

Question

Hello, I just got Ivara yesterday, like vauban, mirage & equinox I love this frame too

I want to know how do you guys use it in teamplay synergy, what is her role, according to you ? (I already got my idea but I want to know your)

10 answers to this question

Ivara works well with her Quiver ability, mostly with her Stealth arrow. Because of this she's a good reviver and can give teamstealth to allies. You could also use the sleep arrow to open up finishers for allies running with covert lethality daggers. Even just using Prowl in a survival to get to a surrounded life support capsule is often appreciated, and Artemis Bow provides pretty great covering fire for allies and general CC. I find that the dashwire is nice, but not as nice as Cloak and sleep, and that the noise arrow is useless unless you've got something like a high-damage frame lying in wait, but even then you could just teamstealth them or something like that. Navigator is a bit useless teamplay-wise due to energy usage. It's good for eliminating targets, but I find it's my least used Ivara ability due to its cost.

Pretty much a support for long-range damage and crowd control. With a bow as her primary weapon, modded correctly, her ultimate is absolutely destructive. And for many endless missions, her Quiver ability in the right situations will be an immense help in keeping your team alive.

Her Artemis Bow ability is unique in that Ivara is still able to regen energy from the Energy Siphon aura while it's active, it only uses energy when you fire it. It also is the only thing in the game that justifies the existence of the Thunderbolt mod.

And her Dashwire Arrows can be used to allow yourself and your team to have excellent safe pathways through a room where you can accurately attack enemies in relative safety and quickly move about.

I don't usually play Ivara in squads (Despite her being my main) because she is better as a solo frame IMO but if I do run her in a squad I usually act as a reviver (Using invis arrow or prowl) or crowd clearer if there aren't any other frames doing so already. She is also really good for activating life support when there's lots of enemies around. Her Artemis bow can also be used for good single target damage which allows you to focus on heavier units while everyone else clears everything else.

You could also use the zipline to allow for more mobility but I use it more for entertainment :D

I, personally, use Ivara as a source of crowd control via sleep arrow and a hallway turret with artemis bow.

Ivara, the mistress of bad dreams. She puts them to sleep and whispers the story of their demise as she slits their throats

Or just use your artemis bow as an extension of your reach to send a volley of death needles downwind that massacre all that just happened to be at the right place at the wrong time.

Back when the acolytes were a thing I used her to get another mod drop using prowl's pickpocket and then quickly murdered them without hesitation with artemis bow.

34 minutes ago, FLSH_BNG said:

With a bow as her primary weapon

Any primary weapon, modded correctly can be useful with her 4th ability, it doesn't have to be a bow.

Her 2nd ability can be quite powerful as well when combined with many aoe launchers, like tonkor.

On 7/8/2016 at 10:46 AM, (PS4)lhbuch said:

For team support - Mod for range and duration. Create " invisibility safe zones" and put enemies to sleep with quiver.

^This. Now that we can use the controls menu to swap hold/tap ability cycling I'm definitely going to make an Ivara loadout to throw around huge CC and stealth fields with a duration/range build.

There's temptation there to make it an Artemis Bow build, but I find AB is not ideal for supporting roles. I would be using melee to stab tough targets put to sleep with my arrow, or I would be using a burst fire weapon to pop bubbles neatly. Probably Rakta Ballistica and Dark Dagger for energy restoration and covert lethality.

Edited by VKhaun