The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Market Overhaul Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

Could we have an info box in the market page that tells us whether we have already previously owned a particular piece of equipment, and if so, what rank? Or better yet, an option to filter equipment by those that have not been owned before. I know there is a filter that hides all currently owned equipment, but I don't want to see the stuff that I have already maxed when I was MR2.

I'm not sure how this market made it to the game, it is a flat downgrade to the old one, it's not even good to look at, there's a tenno dancing in the background with random itens for no reason at all with the annoying music playing and changing each time the tenno changes item, the bar is a leap back in usability in comparison to the old one,the way BP are hidden inside itens that display plat prices only, the old one was telling you at 1st sight that you had a choice, this one seems like it's trying to scam you and hide the option from you, even the search bar can't find blueprints.

if you want to see how much of a downgrade in design this abomination is, just go to the other console where you have enemies, quests etc. where you have the tenno and the screen, you compare both and the new one looks like some half-$%&ed provisory hasted release while the other console looks like the finished polished product.

To sum it all, just throw the new market to the garbage and bring back the old one! Sorry to whoever designed it but it's the truth this new market looks like the result of someone who wasn't paid for the job so he threw up the worst he could do.

Hi DE,

I feel that the new UI is much more difficult to navigate, with it's hidden menus within menus making it more difficult to find and browse content, though your search bar is excellent.

Just did a quick paint of what I think might work better, so that all categories are visible without having to hover over the "home" button displayed, that indicates the market.

U7FrU8h.jpg

Finding the menu was harder the first time due to it appearing as home.

That's all thanks for the otherwise amazing update.

EDIT: To display the image

Edited by 81rd01

Not sure if it's been said...

The Blueprint portion of the market needs it's own tiles Under the home dropdown (Not having an easily navigated/found tile seems predatory)

When searching the Blueprints the top listed purchase option shouldn't be to pay plat for the item in question (offering plat price above the sought blueprint price seems predatory)

10 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Not sure if it's been said...

The Blueprint portion of the market needs it's own tiles Under the home dropdown (Not having an easily navigated/found tile seems predatory)

When searching the Blueprints the top listed purchase option shouldn't be to pay plat for the item in question (offering plat price above the sought blueprint price seems predatory)

Its not as bad as before, even in the past Market the icons for the BPs were smaller, this one is acceptable because most people will see the price using money, but will read the description under it and pass their eyes over the "Blueprint" with the :credits: symbol on the side, go "Wait, I'm able to buy it with the game currency?" and click it.

In a way, it is better than the old one in this reguard because they are both the :platinum: and the :credits: are in the same page instead of being separate.

That aside, the menu like this:

U7FrU8h.jpg

Would be an improvement.

Edited by Venom-Snake
grammar

The new market is both unnecessary and i would say a step backwards. some features like the search function are good but the way blueprints are not separated is bad. this means that you have to navigate each item to see if it can even be bought with credits. also when looking at a  category's items you should be able to see all the prices so you dont need to keep clicking on each item to see how much it is. this new shop feels so clunky i am a fairly experienced player and even i find this a right pain even when i know what i am looking for i cant imagine how it feels to new players.

Interesting new market design. The option boxes on top(previous design) had a much better flow navigating the market though.

Needs Filters based on Resources. Like Filter=Argon Crystals gives everything that Needs Argon Crystals to build. etc.
But something that troubles me, is not being able to see the resources required for clan researches. Need to visit Clan Dojos just to check if i have enough resources to build something.
Showing the contents of BP in the normal market and adding "Acquire Blueprint through Clan Research ONLY" tag/header would be much appreciated rather than the current single sentence info. Maybe its not done like i mentioned for a reason
This single addition would be nice since then we can check resource requirements of Clan researches before going to the clan dojo.
Anyways Just a Thought.

Edited by Cynaren

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mean to sound old and grumpy, but I really dislike the new UI.

There's so much wasted space. Empty space that could've been used to explain the iconography. The things that are there, use up way more space than they need. Scale down the icons for things, and maybe put in an extra coloumn or two.

The iconography needs explaining. Instead of just having the blueprint section of something be a credit icon, expand the box and type in "Blueprint". There's certainly room for it.
Add the purchase price and currency to the "Purchase" button.

After a bit more than two years I took a 6 month break from the game, and came back to this new (but hardly improved) Market, and couldn't find what I was looking for.
Took me three tries just to figure out where the Hek blueprints are hidden. This shouldn't be an issue.

This is actually worse than the UI of the mod station, which is pretty bad in itself.

I'm terribly sorry DE, but I think that whoever keeps greenlighting these interfaces needs to stop. They are pretty, but not really all that useful.

It's not all bad though. The search bar is nice

I noticed an inconsistency with the Market functionality concerning 'owned' blueprints.

I like to always have one blueprint ready for each lens, just so I can keep track of them in the foundry.

So I got a Madurai lens, which was my 4th in the inventory so I placed the Greater Madurai Lens into construction. And thus I went to market to buy a new blueprint for next Greater Madurai Lens and here start the interesting part:

"Hide Owned" functionality only works for BUILT items, not the blueprints, even thou you have "Blueprints Only" tagged.

Here is how my Foundry looks like. I have all 5 different blueprints for Greater Lenses:

Spoiler

LUWgN5O.jpg

Here is shown market with components section and "Blueprints only" and you can see that I own 2 Greater Lenses already:

Spoiler

0UXhVJs.jpg

Next picture shows the case with "Hide Owned" and "Blueprints Only" tagged. Ok, I understand that this showcases items that have blueprints (not all items are craftable after all) for sale AND that item is not BUILT by me.

Spoiler

e8Dzzyj.jpg

When you open up the item specs it works like intended. Built Greater Zenurik Lens do show that I don't have it and Blueprint tab shows I own the bp.

Spoiler

424B5tW.jpg

jwYXNhM.jpg

But I would love it if the Market would Actually show only those blueprints that I do not have when I have both filters "Hide Owned" and "Blueprints Only".

Thank you =)

• 1 month later...

After some months of unintentionally collecting feedback from both new and experienced players alike, a conclusion was set - the Market interface definitely needs a change.
First thing you learn at a design university is - If the navigator needs assistance navigating (whether it's a sign or human intervention), it is not a good design.

Here is what we have now. Ignoring that many more additions to the Market are yet to come, as quite a few items are not even possible to locate without the search bar (not acceptable as new players will not even know the names of the things they are looking for), this is definitely an interface that needs improvement.

3Hv3Lq9.png

Quick suggestion on improvement

gDgrB14.png

The aim should be simplification. The more poka yoke the design is, the better the design will be.
There should be no room for confusion or mistakes, and the designer must always have in mind that there will be those using their product who are not fitting the category of the standard user.
Whether it's an incomplete dictionary of the English language (there are indeed those people that speak languages not covered by the Warframe's localization but also had no chance of improving on other languages), or those that are disabled in one way or another (to add to this, while colour-coding is a good idea, colour blindness must always be taken into the equation), the user must be served, therefore, the design must be made to serve the user.

The "Additional descriptions" box I have added in the suggestion image is something all menus could and should have.
Warframe's lack of in-game offered information is widely-known and frowned upon, so the direction of all future updates should proceed to nullify the need for external websites such as the Warframe wikia.