The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail General Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

Here's a suggestion, when doing void fissure in team

At mission completion, they have 15 seconds to choose their rewards from their relics by double-clicking on the desired reward.

When others picked your rewards instead of their, you get 1 extra void traces?!? This reward is miserable, imagine someone who refined their relic for desirable reward and this reward is insignificant. May i suggest to change this into something else, and i believe rewarding ducats will be reasonable, as others discard their reward to get a duplicate of yours. Furthermore changes to the void likely to make farming of ducats to trade with Baro very tedious, this change will help new and old players

2 minutes ago, bbeeaann said:

I'm pretty sure no one has been saying that Warframe was going to die for the last 7 months I've been playing. In fact, up to this point, it's become more popular. I've yet to see one person say they were quitting in all that time, but I've seen more than 15 people I know say they are quitting for a few months until DE fixes this mess. Your statements prove you're not here to factually, or rationally, discuss what others are saying. In fact, your claim was that you have no tolerance for those whose opinions differ.

Roughly 1/4 on my friends list have not played Warframe over 30 days, most of them are not noob, how about you?

Melee mobility has been nerfed (for most stances, it seems). Charge attacks now usually lock you in place. Hopefully said change can be reverted (Maybe due to the PvP stance mods).

That is all.

13 minutes ago, bbeeaann said:

I've lost 8 guys from my guild alone. Multiple people from my friends list have messaged me on Steam telling me they are done until DE fixes this mess. My Warlord hasn't been since the update dropped. Basically my clan is dead. I have friends who have stated they are trying to stick with it to see if DE will fix this mess, but will probably quit within a couple of weeks if they don't see something soon.

Thanks for the info.  I am a warlord of a small ghost clan, a new guy who joined my clan seemed quite happy at the beginning never logged in for about a month, another one became inactive for a week, I have not met my close clan mate for days.  I just stick around to see what is gonna happen in the near future as I spent so much time and efforts in this game and also building my dojo, I currently have no interest in repeatedly doing the mini game to grind for the odds.

Edited by modalmojo

Void Traces: the 100 trace limit is BAD BAD BAD. 

It already takes time to farm them, but the limit is way too low. 

If you are going to limit, make it at least 10x higher so it does not disrupt the game flow so frequently because "if I don't use them I can't get any more". 

Like ANY OTHER game currency, it shouldn't be capped AT ALL. But at least a 1000 limit is something which we could stomach, although begrudgingly. 

Amidst all these negative feedback which of course i fully understand and i actually share in some of them i unexpectedly found a nice change in this update in that Codex Scanners no longer lower global accuracy when scanning objects! Might seem redundant to many but its something i appreciate.

2 minutes ago, langston201 said:

We really, really need a way to see what relics people have equipped, and how refined the relics are. Otherwise we have the same keyshare type problem.

I disagree, partially because I HATE when you're put in situations where people kick you for not knowing the super-secret code.

You're spending your relic to get a chance at what you want.  While someone might choose what YOU got, you also have the ability to say "screw my roll, I'll take that instead" when yours gives you a Forma instead.

In fact, it is BENEFICIAL that everyone bring a DIFFERENT relic into a mission.  Otherwise, you CAN have the chance that everyone gets the same roll.  It's low, but it CAN happen.

So WHAT that someone uses an unrefinded relic when you brought in a refined one?  Is it really that bad that they can pick what you got, too, when they might "rescue" you from a bad roll?

Ok, I have more to say after these: 

11 -> Finding the Rift... I had bad first impression trying the fissure system, the Rift didn't appear, we left the mission without it after being tired of searching. -- If it is optional (which I think it shouldn't be) then allow the mission to succed if opening the rift is a failure, otherwise (and this is what I would want) have it be a normal objetive and have lotus tell you where it is - and have it always appear. [Edit: mitigated in hotfix 4? I see "Fixed issues with Clients not seeing Void Fissure lighting and effects."]

12 -> Once the Rift is found... a bunch of nullifiers ambush you! You find it hard to see, most of weapons innefective (due to the shields) and no powers... that's all ok, I resource to mele, the problem is that it is an ambush! -- Thematically, do the corrupted come from the fissure? Then why do we have to open it? If they come from it, make it turn to a portal and have enemies walk from it, if they don't come the fissure then make them come from a more distant location. If the intention is that it is an ambush, then at least increase the time for it to something similar to what happens with the other cases of ambush (Sindicates and Stalker). [Edit: mitigated in hotfix 3 - "Reduced the number of Nullifier and Bombard units spawned during Void Fissure sealing process."]

13 -> The indicators in the minimap, all I ever wanted was a Tenno logo with a number, instead I got these hard to distinguish pictures. -- Simplify them, make them on a color with good contrast, and use easy to identify features... if you have to make a symbol for each warframe, do so. Here is the thing... for the other playes what I see is an avater, a nick, and a number. I have to be in close proximity to see the warframe... the avatars may be repeated an may be a missrepresentation, the name is too convoluted for a minimap... use the number!

14 -> The fissures need to change faster. If the objective was to have people play different missions instead of the same one over and over, you are doing a diservice. Now you don't only play the same mission over an over, but also you play the same one regardless relic (key) and regardless of the reward you are after. -- I suggest to change fissure location each 30 minutes (so I only get a couple of runs before it goes somewhere else)

15 -> I think there are some Simaris bugs, I had some succeful scans of the Simaris target don't count. [Edit: Fixed in hotfix 4]

16 -> Also, going from Jupiter to Saturn, after completing the spy mission on Adrastea with all objetives and no alarms... still not checked.

Edit: Ah, yes, I agree on increasing the time to choose the reward.

Edited by theraot

5 minutes ago, CorrinAvatan said:

I disagree, partially because I HATE when you're put in situations where people kick you for not knowing the super-secret code.

You're spending your relic to get a chance at what you want.  While someone might choose what YOU got, you also have the ability to say "screw my roll, I'll take that instead" when yours gives you a Forma instead.

In fact, it is BENEFICIAL that everyone bring a DIFFERENT relic into a mission.  Otherwise, you CAN have the chance that everyone gets the same roll.  It's low, but it CAN happen.

So WHAT that someone uses an unrefinded relic when you brought in a refined one?  Is it really that bad that they can pick what you got, too, when they might "rescue" you from a bad roll?

All I want is to be able to have a squad with four radiant relics, without worrying about people not using a fully refined relic, or worse, using a relic of a different kind.

10 minutes ago, langston201 said:

All I want is to be able to have a squad with four radiant relics, without worrying about people not using a fully refined relic, or worse, using a relic of a different kind.

Having people with the same relics kind of defeats the purpose of refining them. If they all have the same relic then your chances for the item you wanted are quadrupled anyway so whats the point of refining them? Arguably it would be a complete waste of time to refine them.

The relic and refining system overcomplicates something that was very simple (tower keys).

25 minutes ago, langston201 said:

That's the purpose of hosting premades. 

15 minutes ago, SoulOfTheHunter said:

Having people with the same relics kind of defeats the purpose of refining them. If they all have the same relic then your chances for the item you wanted are quadrupled anyway so whats the point of refining them? Arguably it would be a complete waste of time to refine them.

The relic and refining system overcomplicates something that was very simple (tower keys).

Not for rare relics. With only one player with a radiant relic, you have a 10% chance of getting the rare reward. With 4 people, it's 34%. So still worth having four people. Especially since you get a lot better rewards for that 100 void traces.

Ugh, just found out the void traces are capped at 100. I don't know how many I lost until I realized I wasn't actually getting any of the ones I picked up.

Seriously, why are they capped? Not a fan of this at all, they definitely should not be capped. I was looking forward to this update for such a long time, but the more I play it, the more disappointed I am with it...

There were some good ideas here, but they're being held back by pointlessly restrictive, and even downright player-punishing mechanics.

1 - Melee stances seem to have lost most of their maneuverability. This may have been paired with the PvP-exclusive stances. Most melee weapons are now less mobile than before. Charge attacks usually lock you in place, not allowing you to charge while moving (and aiming it at enemies), exceptions seem to be the gunblades.

2 - Some melee weapon ranges are not correct compared to their "sizes." Examples include most polearms and War (maybe Galatine as well).

3 - Still no specter AI updates? Yes, I was hoping for this.

4 - That "Unexpected Server Delay" problem. It freezes you in place, even while in SOLO mode. For co-op it's fine to some extent, but in Solo that's a death wish. You may wanna disable the freeze in solo. For co-op play, maybe show an indicator is a player has said error.

5 - A nerf to grineer stealth farming (since corpus has nullifiers). Apparently there are no more Asteroid exterminate tiles AND Arc Traps alert nearby grineer. Shooting said trap alerts grineer anyways. Might as well revert that arc trap change OR make the inert while not yet detected OR make them into grineer accessories (like the blunts).

Edited by p3z1

the new map system does not allow you to do a mission on a tile that is currently under invasion. only allows you to do the invasion mission. is this what is intended, if not could you make a way to still do the normal mission like you could on the previous map system

thankyou keep up the good work 

I will be honest, I feel like the Specters of the Rail update has kind of ruined Warframe for me. From the new Archwing system with it's much-reduced Field of Veiw and auto-rotation, with reduced mobility in smaller maps, to the new Void Fissures system which just feels off to me. It feels less like delving into ancient ruins to find a valuable piece of equipment and more like running around throwing treasure chests open hoping for a reward. The new Junctions system is fun, in theory, but in practice it is buggy as all hell, especially with some objectives that just don't register (Defeat Phorid and successfully hack three data vaults on Jupiter, to name two). The Relays that some junctions are attached to don't register as accessible even after you finish their junction.

So that's just a couple of my problems with this update. It feels like DE bit off more than they could chew with releasing the Archwing update and the map change and the Void Fissures at the same time. (As an aside, I think they should never have done the Void Fissures thing in the first place. The concept doesn't mesh well with the feeling of Warframe in general.) They should have released the map update as the Specters of the Rail, smoothed that out, then released the Archwing update, and smoothed that out, and then changed the Void system.

For now I think that I will take a break from Warframe for the next few months after getting my Kitty, (which is probably the only part of this update screwup that I'm happy with, and even then I have to wait a ridiculously long amount of time to get it, which feels like a money grab). Hopefully when I come back the system will be smoothed out and better in general.

34 minutes ago, smokednin said:

Ugh, just found out the void traces are capped at 100. I don't know how many I lost until I realized I wasn't actually getting any of the ones I picked up.

Seriously, why are they capped? Not a fan of this at all, they definitely should not be capped. I was looking forward to this update for such a long time, but the more I play it, the more disappointed I am with it...

There were some good ideas here, but they're being held back by pointlessly restrictive, and even downright player-punishing mechanics.

I totally agree. We also need 10 of these to craft the dragon keys now, so capping void traces makes no sense whatsoever. If they must be capped, make the cap much higher than 100. 

2 minutes ago, Typhir said:

I totally agree. We also need 10 of these to craft the dragon keys now, so capping void traces makes no sense whatsoever. If they must be capped, make the cap much higher than 100. 

Cap should maybe be 250.  More than enough to do two full relics, four keys, and spare.

48 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

1 - Melee stances seem to have lost most of their maneuverability. This may have been paired with the PvP-exclusive stances. Most melee weapons are now less mobile than before. Charge attacks usually lock you in place, not allowing you to charge while moving (and aiming it at enemies), exceptions seem to be the gunblades.

2 - Some melee weapon ranges are not correct compared to their "sizes." Examples include most polearms and War (maybe Galatine as well).

Okay I thought something was up. I finally got Hate (after 2,000+ hours >.>), and I can't seem to even hit anything with it, because the range seems impossibly short and I can't move forward and swing at the same time. Even when I can hit an enemy, it pushes them out of range so follow up attacks are pointless...

1 hour ago, smokednin said:

Okay I thought something was up. I finally got Hate (after 2,000+ hours >.>), and I can't seem to even hit anything with it, because the range seems impossibly short and I can't move forward and swing at the same time. Even when I can hit an enemy, it pushes them out of range so follow up attacks are pointless...

Damn, I'm only at 908 hours. I guess that's why I haven't gotten Hate or Despair yet :|

Anyway, nullifiers going lolololololbumrush at Frost snowglobes with their new changes has caused an interesting change for Frost builds:

DrNEOyc.jpg

Nullifier rush is real and a PITA to prevent. This guy decided he'd just give up and change his approach.

Also that's my Kavat doing an elaborate back-flip-gore-shredding-attack to photobomb. I don't even know o3o

More personal feedback:

In previous void, I could log in for my 2 hours game session per day (max) and do whatever void mission I wanted as long as I had the key. I had a load of T1 keys and did whatever I was in the mood to do. Now, when I login to the game, I am restricted to the current "alert" void mission available either I like it or not. Also, during the weekend, I was not allowed to play any void missions as, the T1 mission was not marked as locked but was after other missions within the Void area in the starchart so I was not able to play it and the rest of the void "alert" missions were marked as locked. Practically, I cannot play void any more unless I become a burden to my clan and ask them to taxi me all the time.

On the plus side of the update: I managed to overcome the bugs in the Mars junction with the alert missions not registering and finished it, and I really liked the graphic at the end. Hopefully, it will not be impossible for me to unlock the rest of the junctions and kill the spectre inside.