The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Can not enable Nvidia PhysX after Specters of the Rail update

aerosoul1337

1 hour ago, aerosoul1337 said:

According to [DE]Dmitri's reply, we should be able to enable Nvidia PhysX as long as the driver is newer than 355.60.

But I can't enable it with 359.06.

Correct. Updated drivers, switching to GPU,  none of it seems to work.

Hey everyone, just a brief update:

We have been able to reproduce this internally with our own GTX 960. The solution we found was to update the drivers to the latest 368.69 WHQL. As of right now this is what we would suggest everyone else do. If you happen to experience any other issues with these drivers that are not related to Nvidia PhysX Effects (including any game crashes) then they will need to be addressed separately. 

Note: Make sure to include the latest version of PhysX when you install these drivers. (current version: 9.16.0318)

With that said, a number of you have also mentioned that updating drivers has not helped. If you have updated your drivers and you still cannot enable Nvidia PhysX Effects then you may want to try removing your old drivers before installing the new ones. If you feel comfortable using a tool such as DDU to accomplish this then please feel free to.

Lastly, if you are still unable to turn on Nvidia PhysX Effects then you will need to submit a support ticket with a copy of your EE.log.
The more info we can get from these logs the better.

Thanks. 

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

19 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

We have been able to reproduce this internally with our own GTX 960. The solution we found was to update the drivers to the latest 368.69 WHQL. As of right now this is what we would suggest everyone else do. If you happen to experience any other issues with these drivers that are not related to Nvidia PhysX Effects (including any game crashes) then they will need to be addressed separately. 

Note: Make sure to include the latest version of PhysX when you install these drivers. (current version: 9.16.0318)

With that said, a number of you have also mentioned that updating drivers has not helped. If you have updated your drivers and you still cannot enable Nvidia PhysX Effects then you may want to try removing your old drivers before installing the new ones. If you feel comfortable using a tool such as DDU to accomplish this then please feel free to.

Lastly, if you are still unable to turn on Nvidia PhysX Effects then you will need to submit a support ticket with a copy of your EE.log.
The more info we can get from these logs the better.

Thanks. 

Thank you Dmitri.  I'll give it a shot. 

Edited by Eienlanzer

16 hours ago, TRSS said:

Check if you have PhysX installed at all and which version it is. Should be something like 9.16.XXXX

Bonkers, I just checked, I'm on 9.11.x

I was afraid to upgrade my nVidia drivers from 355.98 ever since I experienced severe driver crashes on my laptop leading me to believe my GPU chip is faulty (which it is not, it's perfectly fine). Though, the new drivers are supposed to be OK... so I dunno. Biting the bullet, here goes nothing.

Reporting back, just upgraded my drivers to last ones available for GTX 860M chip on Win10 64bit, which is version 368.39, and PhysX option is not only enabled, it actually makes a difference in the game! I'm seeing beautiful effects on Acid Shells Sobek, Capture targets and Gunners' Slam attacks, as well various other particles which were there previously but now they collide and react to the world around them.

FINALLY.

• 4 weeks later...

Bump :  Nvidia Physx Effects disabled/unable to turn on 

that post was almost complete wanted to reply there with PHysx does not run on 32bit Windows (or any other OS)

i have 32bit OS....so thats why i searched for the issue (only to later see the helptext popup ingame @ options)

anywayz i helped a friend of me with this problem to

this worked for him

uninstall Physx manually and then do a new install of the last physx update

somehow the auto updater kept on repeating "newer or same version of physx installed"

and could not do clean install

after uninstalling manually  and installing the newest from the website

then setting it all up again @ nvidia config screen (including setting gpu as defealt for physx )

everything worked again for him

he still has that annoying Resolution reset every time on game startup

but thats another topic

On 2016/7/12 at 5:07 AM, [DE]Dmitri said:

What is the requirement of the driver version to enable it for nvidia GTX 900 series? Apparently not 355.60!

Some of the latest driver (Nvidia) do not play well with other games on GTX 900 series, I have to rollback.

359.06 is a well know stable version, but too bad I can not enable Nvidia PhysX with 359.06.

Help!

1 hour ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Are you able to enable Nvidia PhysX Effects with the 368.81 drivers?

Yes, I am able to enable it even with 368.22.

Is it safe to just update PhysX and keep GPU driver @359.06?

I can download Nvidia PhysX system software from their website.

Some sites even keep all the older versions for others to download.

Throwing in my two cents since I had the same issue after the recent fairly big Windows 10 update. Right click Desktop > Click Nvidia Control Panel > Click Configure Surround, PhysX > under PhysX settings make sure your GPU is selected. If it wasn't (like on my case) select it from the drop down menu. Hit OK or Apply. Try activating it in game again, should be working now.  

10 hours ago, Shadow8600 said:

Throwing in my two cents since I had the same issue after the recent fairly big Windows 10 update. Right click Desktop > Click Nvidia Control Panel > Click Configure Surround, PhysX > under PhysX settings make sure your GPU is selected. If it wasn't (like on my case) select it from the drop down menu. Hit OK or Apply. Try activating it in game again, should be working now.  

I know it. I am not able to enable it not because of this :(

It's because of the PhysX version requirement is changed.

And just like some people running GTX 900 series (from nvidai forum) , the latest drivers have some issues with certain games.

So I want to rollback to the stable driver, but it's not supported for warframe's PhysX effects.

5 hours ago, Shadow8600 said:

Huh... Apart from the one I mentioned above,  I have had no other issues with the latest drivers. I'm on a 980 though. I hope you get it working soon! 

I can enable it with the latest driver, I just want to know the requirement of the driver version.

Because the recent latest drivers have some issues with other games.

-

And after I enable it in warframe, I found the PhysX effect from Acid Shells is pretty buggy.

Some enemies do not trigger PhysX effect when killed, some are missing basic explosion animation: