The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail: Hotfix 1

[DE]Drew

1 hour ago, Etan-gK said:

I'm absolutely loving this new update, I especially love how I CAN'T DOWNLOAD IT! What the hek DE, what happened to parsing the updates out over several weeks, a few megs here, a few megs there, then BOOM! 4.5 gig update dropped like a sack of potatoes, I mean, it's gonna take at least a week to download with the third world internet download speeds.

that's not really DE's problem is it? don't blame others for your poverty ... 

1 hour ago, Sageluck said:

What happened to Mag prime, Boar Prime, and Dakra Prime? thought it was supposed to be available till July 28th

^this. I'm one part away from building the Boar Prime, and none of the parts are dropping in the new areas.

Void fissures. Salt-of-the-earth words in 3, 2, 1...

Michael Bay called, he wants his game idea back. Last I checked, cramming all the nullifiers and heavy units of a 40+ minute survival run into a 3 minute span in super tight quarters was not the definition of a fun time. There's nothing "space ninja" about a hectic time of mindless nonstop explosions and nullifiers spam-spawning on top of you for several minutes straight. It's not even a difficulty issue, it's that it's simply neither fun, nor in the alleged spirit of the game. 

1 hour ago, Sageluck said:

What happened to Mag prime, Boar Prime, and Dakra Prime? thought it was supposed to be available till July 28th

it is, but the relics which drop those parts, are not included in the 5 relics per era you got from the Void key to void relic conversion with this patch, if you wanna get the relics that drop boar prime, mag prime and dakra prime, you need to go farm the appropriate relics in ... i guess excavation missions, or buy relic packs in the syndicates for syndicate standings, or use plat to buy relic packs... so yeah, DE kinda screwed us over with that, haha

1 minute ago, AllIhaveisthisstick said:

^this. I'm one part away from building the Boar Prime, and none of the parts are dropping in the new areas.

see this quote:

1 minute ago, Visione said:

it is, but the relics which drop those parts, are not included in the 5 relics per era you got from the Void key to void relic conversion with this patch, if you wanna get the relics that drop boar prime, mag prime and dakra prime, you need to go farm the appropriate relics in ... i guess excavation missions, or buy relic packs in the syndicates for syndicate standings, or use plat to buy relic packs... so yeah, DE kinda screwed us over with that, haha

5 minutes ago, Averath said:

If I was a new player and went into a match right now with ANY warframe except Inaros and tried to do a level 1 fissure with nullifiers spawning on top of me removing all my buffs, I'd probably look to play another game.

Hell, I'm a veteran and I'm tempted to just uninstall the game and cut my losses.

If I was a new player finding mid to endgame content difficult, I'd just do the early game content. You know, the stuff designed for new players. I've gone through these missions with several frames now and succeeded with each of them. This just sounds like whining.

quick question are the fissures supossed to act as an alarm. just wondering because i had cleared the map with no alarms and went back to the fissure on a corpus extermination and the bursa protocol spawned two bursas during the timer.

Nr. 1 Nice hotfix and update.
Nr. 2 Void frissure spawn rate is... funny, 5 Nulls and 5 Bombs at once.
Nr. 3 Please update the new star map x.x Where I can find which ressource? Why I have to do a syndicate mission and not the normal one?
Nr. 4 Please fix the reward window, it's not funny to go with this window to the liset D:
Nr. 5 Defence and survival is so funny with void frissures... not x.x
Nr. 6 Nice relict update system :D
Nr. 7 We will be waiting for the mighty holy red text of hotfixing :D

3 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

Okina now match polarity of Spinning Needle stance.

Just checked after updating and the stance polarity of the Okina still only matches Gnashing Payara. The innate V polarity however, was changed to a D.

59 minutes ago, Belluset said:

If I was a new player finding mid to endgame content difficult, I'd just do the early game content. You know, the stuff designed for new players. I've gone through these missions with several frames now and succeeded with each of them. This just sounds like whining.

New players with decent gear were able to do exterminates, captures, Sabatoge without issues before.  Granted most dropped garbage to vets and midgame players, but they would be able to get a decent weapon faster than farming resources to get MR locked weapons. (Basically all the good ones)

I know this because I did this less than two months ago, and now I have all the prime drops (including vaulted) at the moment.

Edited by hey_guess_what
extra info

Just now, hey_guess_what said:

New players with decent gear were able to do exterminates, captures, Sabatoge without issues before.  Granted most dropped garbage to vets and midgame players, but they would be able to get a decent weapon faster than farming resources to get MR locked weapons. (Basically all the good ones)

So the complaint is that there's a system now that rewards veteran players for being veteran players and makes sure that newer players learn the game properly before moving on? Because that's what this sounds like. I just got Trinity P systems and Fang prime handles after months of trying for both with terrible RNG. That feels rewarding to me as someone with 1200 hours in the game.

There's also nothing stopping newer players from receiving help from veteran players. I've been doing it all day and the only problem I've had was keeping everyone alive toward the end of a T4 survival.

7 minutes ago, Belluset said:

So the complaint is that there's a system now that rewards veteran players for being veteran players and makes sure that newer players learn the game properly before moving on? Because that's what this sounds like. I just got Trinity P systems and Fang prime handles after months of trying for both with terrible RNG. That feels rewarding to me as someone with 1200 hours in the game.

For starter's I have 672 hours in the game.  Second It was more skill than gear in the beginning, but now players don't have the option to even try. (Junctions, tear limiters)  It's just a big pay wall now.  No relic = no loot.  

Also if you didn't trade for trinity systems and fang handles long before then it's kind of on you.  I'm positive you looted something of value long before you ever got the system or handles. I needed boar bp, ran 12 rounds of T1Sab, didn't get it so i traded some stuff for it so I could move on to other, more fun, missions.  The old system was fine if you knew how to trade. (That's why trades are directly linked to your MR)

Edited by hey_guess_what
grammer

Love the update, however, some bugs still persist.

-Upon modifying the melee holster option, you get stuck in the appearance screen.

-The mission success screen sometimes makes you get stuck on it.

Relogging fixes these but I thought it a good idea to point this out.

3 minutes ago, hey_guess_what said:

For starter's I have 672 hours in the game.  Second It was more skill than gear in the beginning, but now players don't have the option to even try. (Junctions, tear limiters)  It's just a big pay wall now.  No relic = no loot.  

Also if you didn't trade for trinity systems and fang handles long before then it's kind of on you.  I'm positive you looted something of value long before you ever got the system or handles. I needed boar bp, ran 12 rounds of T1Sab, didn't get it so i traded some stuff for it so I could move on to other, more fun, missions.  The old system was fine if you knew how to trade. (That's why trades are directly linked to your MR)

I know how to trade, got the plat I wanted for things I wanted to pay plat for. How are you complaining about the new system being behind a pay wall and then saying "Well, I didn't get what I wanted, so I just paid for it and it was fine."? Anyway, that's distracting from the point.

The new system rewards veteran players, even if their choice to not flat out pay for things with plat was, as you say, on them. It also encourages newer players to play more of the earlier content. I didn't not buy stuff because I couldn't (weird near-assumption for you to make), I simply chose gameplay over economy. Which, given the things said or at least hinted at by DE leading up to this, is exactly the point of the update. Seems, barring actual bugs that they're working on fixing, a success so far.

Also, not to get it confused, I have absolutely no problem with the way you play the game. I have friends who do the same and it's all up to personal choice. I just think it's cool to be rewarded for putting forth an effort, as opposed to trying the same thing 30 times and getting nothing to show for it. The fact that the old system basically forced you, as in personally you, to give up and buy the part you needed is all the proof necessary to show that it was more flawed than this one.

28 minutes ago, Belluset said:

Also, not to get it confused, I have absolutely no problem with the way you play the game. I have friends who do the same and it's all up to personal choice. I just think it's cool to be rewarded for putting forth an effort, as opposed to trying the same thing 30 times and getting nothing to show for it. The fact that the old system basically forced you, as in personally you, to give up and buy the part you needed is all the proof necessary to show that it was more flawed than this one.

Let's be clear here, I wasn't forced to do anything. I didn't want to waste my time in T1 Sab so yeah I traded some stuff for the part.  If I am going to run missions I want to max my platinum returns on the time and T1 Sab just doesn't do that.  I had 30 more keys I could have run, but I didn't want to.  And you don't have to spend any money to advance in the game, but if you want to advance faster you do have the option to do so.

To give up keyshares/ carrying new players for your convience after 1200 hours in a game that you obviously didn't want to trade to get the part for.  Again that is on you, and pushing at best a 1:5-7 chance to get the rare part is not how you go about it.  (With the tear console from running fissures maxing one relic)  All this system does is make you think you have a chance and at best it is 20% if there are only 5 void items.  One at a time and you have to run more fissures to get more void traces to have the same chance again.

In addition, one part per fissure per mission? I don't even what to think of how many I have to run to get the ducats for Baro.

Edited by hey_guess_what
extra info

2 minutes ago, hey_guess_what said:

Let's be clear here, I wasn't forced to do anything. I didn't want to waste my time in T1 Sab so yeah I traded some stuff for the part.  If I am going to run missions I want to max my platinum returns on the time and T1 Sab just doesn't do that.  I had 30 more keys I could have run, but I didn't want to.  And you don't have to spend any money to advance in the game, but if you want to advance faster you do have the option to do so.

To give up keyshares/ carrying new players for you convience after 1200 hours in a game that you obviously didn't want to trade to get the part for.  Again that is on you, and pushing at best a 1:5-7 chance to get the rare part is not how you go about it.  (With the tear console from running fissures maxing one relic)  All this system does is make you think you have a chance and at best it is 20% if there are only 5 void items.  One at a time and you have to run more fissures to get more void traces to have the same chance again.

I never carried new players for my convenience. 95% of the time, I was taking them through stuff they wanted to do. Only time I carried new players on things I wanted to do is if they were personal friends that wanted to do the same things. No one's saying that this isn't my choice, it obviously is, but that doesn't also stop the system that sees me running something 30 times and not getting rewarded isn't flawed. I didn't mind the old system. Not saying it was terrible. I'm just saying that this one is better.

I also don't think you understand how  the new system works if you think it's only making people think they have a chance. 4 people can go in with their relics (which can have the item drops modified by means clearly defined both in-game and in the initial patch notes), 4 people can get 4 different rewards and *all* players can choose the reward that they want, either their own or a copy of someone's else's. You don't think that system is better than everyone getting the same drop, no matter what it is? You don't think that the chance at 4 different rewards to choose from is better than the chance for 1? I mean, if you like being forced to run 80 minute survivals to get the same amount of high quality rewards you get from running a 10 minute survival now, then I guess that's... nice?

Please add in a confirm mission option to the star chart. Annoying clicking a random node and suddenly loading into the mission without any confirmation. Have to be so careful clicking on the planets because more often than not I click on some random mission and get loaded in, and have to quit back out to the Liset.