Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beam weapons are now nerfed with Mags Magnetize

GhostLacuna

Well its always fun to see changes that are not put into patch notes.....

Anyway beam weapons now deal far far far less damage when used with mags magnetize then before. 

I used to be able to deal dot damage on level 100 heavy gunners of around 700-2000 dot damage and explosion damage of way above 40k 

Now with the same build and same weapon the dot damage is 71 and the explosion damage is around around 2000 - 10000 on the same enemy. 

Also since the recent changes to nullifiers Mags magnetize bubbles will be destroyed the instant a nullifier bubble comes into contact with the magnetize bubble effectively stripping Mag of her defence and offence at the same time.

Well it was fun while it lasted i guess i will only be playing against grineers from now on with her. 

This is madness....for what I spent 5 formats on my quanta...was hyped with mag vault reopening...and now? Just mehh. Solo endless will be much harder with nullies bubbles. Not to mention that soloing a t4 void crack with current nullies spawn rate is hard as hell. As they literally spawn on your face... 

2 hours ago, GhostLacuna said:

Well its always fun to see changes that are not put into patch notes.....

Anyway beam weapons now deal far far far less damage when used with mags magnetize then before. 

I used to be able to deal dot damage on level 100 heavy gunners of around 700-2000 dot damage and explosion damage of way above 40k 

Now with the same build and same weapon the dot damage is 71 and the explosion damage is around around 2000 - 10000 on the same enemy. 

Also since the recent changes to nullifiers Mags magnetize bubbles will be destroyed the instant a nullifier bubble comes into contact with the magnetize bubble effectively stripping Mag of her defence and offence at the same time.

Well it was fun while it lasted i guess i will only be playing against grineers from now on with her. 

Its in the patch notes:

• Fixed an issue with Magnetize absorbing more damage than intended from beam weapons.
  • Fixed an issue with Magnetize and Cataclysm not properly interacting with Nullifer bubbles.

15 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

You had to have known the punch-through gimmick was a bug right?

This is not about the punch through gimmick. That was with lanka and that still works fine with lanka and penta heck it works even with unexploded penta grenades. Nowhat i talk about is how you could charge up a magnetize bubble with beam weapon for very good damage over time tick as well as very good explosion damage. 

Heck i could take mag to ODD cast magnetize charge up the bubble and deal 20k-40k dot damage to any infested that ran into the bubble as well as a explosion damage of upwards of 200k in a 37.5 meter radius. 

That is what no longer works with magnetize. 

Lanka or torid or the above mentioned penta grenades still kill anything inside the bubble extremely fast but with a very low dot damage and explosion damage. 

Before you could go for lower duration and charge up magnetize for the explosions and kill the enemies inside the bubbles slower or you could kill what would be inside the bubble very fast  using a duration build but deal next to nothing to the enemies that walked into the bubble. 

Now she can still kill but the recent nullifier change will make it next to impossible to keep her alive in later +50 level content due to how nullifiers spawn like rabbits. Heck with how the current crap neon yellow fissue spawn enemies 80% of all frames cant even use their powers during gameplay. 

So since i have no reason bother with such cheap and annying enemies i will just take mag to grineer missions and avoid fighting corpus or do any relic hunting what so ever. 

I play for fun and nullifiers turn warframe into a subpar  third person shooter with crap balance.  As such i see no need to even bother to play against such enemies. 

5 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

Its in the patch notes:

• Fixed an issue with Magnetize absorbing more damage than intended from beam weapons.
  • Fixed an issue with Magnetize and Cataclysm not properly interacting with Nullifer bubbles.

Well, that settles things I suppose

3 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

Its in the patch notes:

Hum interesting didnt see that when i checked the patch notes earlier. 

Oh well if the latest global change to nullifiers had not been their she could still be useful using other weapons then beam weapons. Sadly a defense and offence that fall the moment a enemy go near it with their nullifying bubble quickly becomes nothing more then a annoyance. 

5 minutes ago, GhostLacuna said:

This is not about the punch through gimmick. That was with lanka and that still works fine with lanka

That's too bad. I figured they'd fix that. I dunno about beam weapons I always have punch-through on mine anyways.

Honestly I haven't used Mag but to try her out and never used her again. I enjoy specialized frames. A frame that's good at everything will never interest me over one that's #1 at something.

The Nullifier changes have screwed many frames though.I think they even increased their spawn rate yet again. It's getting a little sad.

• 1 month later...