The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Scorches seem to be capable of hitting behind them (or possibly even anywhere in the same room as you) with their Ignis's.

YellowVolt

This is actually a major problem for many people since most are trying to get Kavat Genetic Codes (which let me remind you has an absurdly low drop rate) from Orokin Derelicts and Scorches in this state just make this hunt a lot more frustrating. I actually need to ask; have any of you experienced this at some point after SOTR? I have witnessed this many many times.

Here's the video displaying the bug:

Edited by YellowVolt

Feels like Scorches have been getting the Napalm upgrade - instead of Napalms getting fixed. I agree, it's very annoying when you suddenly die without any apparent cause just to find out that a Scorch around the corner was firing at some wildlife and got you through two walls.

On 7/9/2016 at 7:01 AM, Bibliothekar said:

Feels like Scorches have been getting the Napalm upgrade - instead of Napalms getting fixed. I agree, it's very annoying when you suddenly die without any apparent cause just to find out that a Scorch around the corner was firing at some wildlife and got you through two walls.

Sorry for the late reply, but yeah; Napalms do need a fix in their power in some way and armor. In terms of Scorches, they are actually more of a threat compared to Napalms, which should not be happening.

On 7/11/2016 at 10:53 AM, Bibliothekar said:

Btw, I played my Ember again last night and noticed that our Ignis is hilariously broken as well. I could roast Infested in a 10m corridor without having to move the stream.

So it seems to be a general Ignis problem instead of just a Scorch one.

You'd think that, but on the other hand, the Hyekka Masters are functioning as they should and have a properly aligned stream of fire that doesn't violate the spacetime continuum like Scorches are currently doing.

Either way, it's horrifically annoying, and - for wild kavats or unprepared players - deadly. This should be fixed ASAP.

It would appear that the non-Hyekka Master Ignis (Hyekka masters seem to have much worse range, cone angle, and aim than any other user of the Ignis), instead of functioning in the semi-narrow cone that it appears to, has at least a full 180 degree spread, meaning it hits just about everything within its range in from the 9:00 to 3:00 (perhaps even 8:00 to 4:00) of the user (be it player or Scorch).  The range of the Scorch's Ignis is also much, much further than it appears, further complicating matters.  This definitely needs to be fixed, although I understand that there may be more pressing matters.

scorch ignis really need a fix ,as to our ,the spread is interesting sometime yes,but not broken ,

damage seem to become lower and lower as further you go from the center of the cone,which is still a cone not 360 like scorches

Well; Hotfix 8 is here, and I'm still not seeing a fix to this problem. I really do hope it gets fixed very soon; this bug is impacting gameplay in terms of people trying to get their Kavat scans and just in general for anywhere Scorches may be. The fact DETaylor passed it on should honestly meant that it should of been fixed a hotfix or two after it was passed on. If I can just get an estimation or a general timeframe on when the bug is fixed, that's all I'd need at this point.

Edited by YellowVolt

When my clanmates and I were kavat hunting, we encountered numerous occasions where we were downed by Scorches who were firing in the opposite direction from where we were standing. There's no visual effect to indicate we could be hit, we would just randomly catch on fire and/or spontaneously combust and die. We also encountered situations where we were hit by Scorch fire through at least 10m of obstacles, again with no visual indication of where the damage was coming from, other than the fact that nothing else in the derelicts can do that much damage so quickly, and the occasion when we would catch on fire for no apparent reason.

I've heard it has been an issue with Scorches for some time, but the close quarters and twisting passageways of the derelict tileset along with higher numbers of Scorches is pulling it out of obscurity rather quickly.

Not only that, they also ignore frost's bubble and hit you anyway, even if you're inside it. Which is definetely annoying as hell, I've been killed despite being in a bubble in a different rooms just cause 2 scorchs were randomly fighting other enemies in their one.

On 7/9/2016 at 8:01 AM, Bibliothekar said:

Two walls, five barricades, fifteen Ferals and thirty-eight Infested ranging from Crawlers to Ancients.

Scorches have the same Ignis players have, in a way. This was learned after the Ignis got a big buff a couple years ago, and Scorches suddenly went from happy-hug-dispenser to ultimate-doom-of-warframes overnight, much to everyone's surprise.

Hyekka Masters have something else.

Anyway, they changed the way accuracy is calculated for the Ignis in the SotR update I think (in the changelog someplace), but it broke them to not actually check what way you're firing and what obstacles are in the way. As a consequence, the Scorch Ignis that runs off the same code no longer needs to be aimed to kill you :)

31 minutes ago, Sennera said:

Scorches have the same Ignis players have, in a way. This was learned after the Ignis got a big buff a couple years ago, and Scorches suddenly went from happy-hug-dispenser to ultimate-doom-of-warframes overnight, much to everyone's surprise.

Hyekka Masters have something else.

Anyway, they changed the way accuracy is calculated for the Ignis in the SotR update I think (in the changelog someplace), but it broke them to not actually check what way you're firing and what obstacles are in the way. As a consequence, the Scorch Ignis that runs off the same code no longer needs to be aimed to kill you :)

Hyekka Masters have cans of pressurized napalm with lighters attached.

On 11.7.2016 at 6:53 PM, Bibliothekar said:

Btw, I played my Ember again last night and noticed that our Ignis is hilariously broken as well. I could roast Infested in a 10m corridor without having to move the stream.

So it seems to be a general Ignis problem instead of just a Scorch one.

Don't ask for a nerf. C'mon, Ignis is bad without Ember because the damage sucks. Only good thing is the utility of Ignis, if that's gone it's trash...

Don't evaluate it by killing low level enemies, try it on higher level enemies WITHOUT Ember and think about it not having any punch through..! If you need a warframe ability to make a weapon good tells a lot already.

EDIT: It's so broken in the hands of enemies because warframes are so squishy, but we actually need some REAL DPS to deal with the huge armor values Grineer have....

Edited by Irregardless_Existence

5 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

Calm down, mate. I was simply stating the fact that our Ignis had about 180° coverage as well. Also, please define "higher level". Because if your answer is "level 150+", you can turn around and walk right out that door again.

No, the rate an Ignis kills "medium" level enemies is hilariously bad if 150 is being high, especially if they have armor.

EDIT: To me it will be trash without utility, because there are better weapons for actually killing stuff. Also, some Saryn players would be raging because of nerf.

Edited by Irregardless_Existence