Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fissure Missions are BROKEN (and/or AWFUL)

Kappatalist

And now, a list of grievances, by a frustrated player:

1. Bombards should not be spawning, at least not in a T2.
  2. Nullifiers should NOT BE SPAWNING AT ALL EVER FOR ANY REASON.
  3. Some of these enemies have WAY TOO MUCH ARMOR. If I have to sit there for 20-30 seconds pounding on a Heavy Gunner with a Rank 30, Formaed, potatoed Fragor Prime, in a T2 mission, something is SO SO WRONG.
  4. This is too random. I have to pray for those Fragment things to drop when I'm up to the wire.
  5. Survival Fissures (at least solo) are damn near impossible, since you have to fight TWO clocks simultaneously while being repeatedly knocked down.
  6. Why do Fissures take your Energy away?
  7. I can't see S#&$ though this screen filter tantamount to someone having pissed all over the screen, combined with the bright yellow orbs around the Nullifiers which SHOULD NOT BE THERE, EVER, by the way. First the Liset having a color filter in it, and now this - I'm gonna have to turn Color Correction back off, huh.
  8. The fact that the Fissure and the Fragments you have to fill it with are BRIGHT YELLOW also makes this hell to look at. I can't even see what I'm doing!
  9. Why do I have to laboriously pick up each Fragment and jump into the Fissure with it? Especially when the pick-up system is bugged to hell, and it can take up to 5-10 seconds for the prompt to appear.
  10. The Void offered several gametypes, to break up the action and keep things remotely interesting. This only has one game mode that you do over and over and over and over and over AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER. "We want to reduce the grind." Sure.
  11. The drop rates probably still suck. Of course they don't show the %'s, because they're probably >25%, ~10%, and <5%. Willing to bet.

This is WAY worse than the Void ever was. While it was monotonous, and the obligation of playing with a team for max loot loomed over solo players, at least the Void WORKED. This is just a huge un-fun cluster-F***. And best of all, very little of what I mentioned above will likely be considered or changed. Sad.

Edited by Kappatalist
10 and 11

I think there's too much going on around the fissure at once, yeah.

I also agree that it shouldn't ever spawn more than one Nullifier at once. A simple check for the quantity of Corrupted Nullifiers would be easy, and if it was equal to (or greater than, just in case) one, then it couldn't spawn another Nullifier.

Also, yeah, too many heavy units in one place in general.

Basically, I agree with everything you've said, at least to some extent regarding each individual grievance.

2 hours ago, Kappatalist said:

I can't see S#&amp;&#036; though this screen filter tantamount to someone having pissed all over the screen, combined with the bright yellow orbs around the Nullifiers which SHOULD NOT BE THERE, EVER, by the way. First the Liset having a color filter in it, and now this - I'm gonna have to turn Color Correction back off, huh.

The fact that the Fissure and the Fragments you have to fill it with are BRIGHT YELLOW also makes this hell to look at. I can't even see what I'm doing!

Why do I have to laboriously pick up each Fragment and jump into the Fissure with it? Especially when the pick-up system is bugged to hell, and it can take up to 5-10 seconds for the prompt to appear.

THIS! Every single game I've played with this so far has been home to these issues. Can't see jack s*** because of the horrid color and the fact that it blots out everything. Can't see the fragments due to the color issue from the fissure and the fact that the orbs are yellow too. Then we have that age old issue now of the drops. I thought excavation was bad, but this takes the cake because you're under a time limit.

3 minutes ago, Cortanis said:

THIS! Every single game I've played with this so far has been home to these issues. Can't see jack s*** because of the horrid color and the fact that it blots out everything. Can't see the fragments due to the color issue from the fissure and the fact that the orbs are yellow too. Then we have that age old issue now of the drops. I thought excavation was bad, but this takes the cake because you're under a time limit.

I'm rapidly realizing that this content probably received literally zero playtesting. Actually, that would make sense since this update was rushed. I think the idea is that we're supposed to be the playtesters in their so-called "beta". I laugh.

Edited by Kappatalist

To the point, an easy fix for this would have been simply dropping a tracking mark of some kind on the fragments just like they did with LS pods dropped by targets in survival. It's literally that easy. But why also make them yellow though? Yellow on yellow? really? How about finding that whiteboard in the middle of the snow storm? That one actually happened btw.

1. I agree with the nullifier part, ITS THE WORST! LIKE THEY BUFFED IT AND SUDDENLY PUT SO MUCH ON FISSURE.
  2. 2 hours ago, Kappatalist said:
    • Some of these enemies have WAY TOO MUCH ARMOR. If I have to sit there for 20-30 seconds pounding on a Heavy Gunner with a Rank 30, Formaed, potatoed Fragor Prime, in a T2 mission, something is SO SO WRONG.
    • This is too random. I have to pray for those Fragment things to drop when I'm up to the wire.

yeah something wrong, i think its your build, i actually solo it and even on T4 its kinda easy to chop down enemies, even i only using oberon and tipedo.

3. 3 hours ago, Kappatalist said:

Why do Fissures take your Energy away?

wat? fissures take energy? i didnt notice that ._.

4. 3 hours ago, Kappatalist said:

The Void offered several gametypes, to break up the action and keep things remotely interesting. This only has one game mode that you do over and over and over and over and over AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER. "We want to reduce the grind." Sure.

i agree and disagree at the same time, yeah i agree because lack of game mode. 

3 hours ago, Kappatalist said:

The drop rates probably still suck. Of course they don't show the %'s, because they're probably >25%, ~10%, and <5%. Willing to bet.

i disagree because change drop system they applied, you know... that screen at the end mission when u pick reward, its good system and definietly shorten amount of grinding.

2 minutes ago, Kappatalist said:

I have to hear this. It sounds too absurd to be easily explainable.

To preface this, I live in the US like many here on the forums and in game. We have a specific government organization that exists to measure rainfall, snowfall, ect. The method they use to measure snowfall is that they take a designated whiteboard out and lay it on the ground so snow falls on it and the measure it every hour and total the counts for snowfall for a given period. It snowed so badly this winter in Washington that they lost the board in the snow and it threw off their measurements.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2016/01/24/paltry-national-airport-snowfall-total-raises-questions-about-observing-standards/

You can now think of the fragments as the snow board now. You're welcome.

2 minutes ago, Narendramrs said:
  1. yeah something wrong, i think its your build, i actually solo it and even on T4 its kinda easy to chop down enemies, even i only using oberon and tipedo.

It's not the build. This thing normally hits upwards of 25k on a good solid Red Crit, which it's guaranteed at 2x Multiplier. I'm hitting double and triple digit damage numbers here.

1. wat? fissures take energy? i didnt notice that ._.

In retrospect, I now understand what's happening. Upon activation, the fissure steals 100 energy from all players. Still kind of strange imo.

1. i disagree because change drop system they applied, you know... that screen at the end mission when u pick reward, its good system and definietly shorten amount of grinding.

Doesn't apply to solo play, barely applies to groups since not everyone has to be using the same key as you. There's a 1/7 chance your teammates will even be rolling for the same loot as you. It's just like the old system with keyshares: come for the 1 thing you want, additionally get 3 pieces of crap you didn't want. Except now you don't get to keep the 3 pieces of crap.

1 minute ago, Cortanis said:

To preface this, I live in the US like many here on the forums and in game. We have a specific government organization that exists to measure rainfall, snowfall, ect. The method they use to measure snowfall is that they take a designated whiteboard out and lay it on the ground so snow falls on it and the measure it every hour and total the counts for snowfall for a given period. It snowed so badly this winter in Washington that they lost the board in the snow and it threw off their measurements.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2016/01/24/paltry-national-airport-snowfall-total-raises-questions-about-observing-standards/

You can now think of the fragments as the snow board now. You're welcome.

I lol'd.

Also, double post, gg me

10 minutes ago, Kappatalist said:

In retrospect, I now understand what's happening. Upon activation, the fissure steals 100 energy from all players. Still kind of strange imo.

does only at the start? not per second line energy leechers?

10 minutes ago, Kappatalist said:

Doesn't apply to solo play, barely applies to groups since not everyone has to be using the same key as you. There's a 1/7 chance your teammates will even be rolling for the same loot as you. It's just like the old system with keyshares: come for the 1 thing you want, additionally get 3 pieces of crap you didn't want. Except now you don't get to keep the 3 pieces of crap.

hm... now i get your point, nice statement. and 1 more thing, while old systems reward player for doing survival / interception / etc for long period of time with more loots, new system actually shortens the amount of time grinding, but only reward with 1 items.

TL;DR:

old: 1 key when u survive long enough = more loots

new: 1 key for 1 item

Edited by Narendramrs

36 minutes ago, Narendramrs said:

does only at the start? not per second line energy leechers?

hm... now i get your point, nice statement. and 1 more thing, while old systems reward player for doing survival / interception / etc for long period of time with more loots, new system actually shortens the amount of time grinding, but only reward with 1 items.

TL;DR:

Yes, only at the start.

And honestly, for me, I'm starting to care less that the new key and loot system is bad, and more that the missions themselves are bad. I mean, they're DUMB AS HELL.

If I may quote myself from a different topic:

IF the Void Fissure had anything to do with the gamemode I was in, I would be totally floored. If I had to break into the Spy vaults to unlock access to the Fissure, or if I had to Exterminate the enemies guarding it, or if I had to Capture or Rescue someone who knew where it was located, or if I had to Sabotage the enemy faction's attempts to destroy it [...] that'd be great. But no - the update was rushed, and and all we have for it is a random mission which, on its own, is not very difficult or noteworthy, but now there's a giant golden space asscrack to deal with in the middle of it all, which at best feels tacked on, and at worst is TOTALLY incompatible with the gamemode it's dropped into.

Edited by Kappatalist

5 hours ago, Kappatalist said:

1. Bombards should not be spawning, at least not in a T2.
  2. Nullifiers should NOT BE SPAWNING AT ALL EVER FOR ANY REASON.
  3. Some of these enemies have WAY TOO MUCH ARMOR. If I have to sit there for 20-30 seconds pounding on a Heavy Gunner with a Rank 30, Formaed, potatoed Fragor Prime, in a T2 mission, something is SO SO WRONG.
  4. This is too random. I have to pray for those Fragment things to drop when I'm up to the wire.
  5. Survival Fissures (at least solo) are damn near impossible, since you have to fight TWO clocks simultaneously while being repeatedly knocked down.
  6. Why do Fissures take your Energy away?
  7. I can't see S#&amp;&#036; though this screen filter tantamount to someone having pissed all over the screen, combined with the bright yellow orbs around the Nullifiers which SHOULD NOT BE THERE, EVER, by the way. First the Liset having a color filter in it, and now this - I'm gonna have to turn Color Correction back off, huh.
  8. The fact that the Fissure and the Fragments you have to fill it with are BRIGHT YELLOW also makes this hell to look at. I can't even see what I'm doing!
  9. Why do I have to laboriously pick up each Fragment and jump into the Fissure with it? Especially when the pick-up system is bugged to hell, and it can take up to 5-10 seconds for the prompt to appear.
  10. The Void offered several gametypes, to break up the action and keep things remotely interesting. This only has one game mode that you do over and over and over and over and over AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER. "We want to reduce the grind." Sure.
  11. The drop rates probably still suck. Of course they don't show the %'s, because they're probably >25%, ~10%, and <5%. Willing to bet.

This is WAY worse than the Void ever was. While it was monotonous, and the obligation of playing with a team for max loot loomed over solo players, at least the Void WORKED. This is just a huge un-fun cluster-F***. And best of all, very little of what I mentioned above will likely be considered or changed. Sad.

you frustration is justified 

WF handles difficulty badly... instead of creating new and more interesting and fun bots, they recycle the old bots with more health and DPS, and they nerf the player in a variety of ways (no energy/abilities, nullify abilities, nerf health, shields, weapon choices, etc). 

this sort of gameplay is certainly not fun... and if it's not fun, i'm gone

It feels more time efficient, and more party efficient. Key charging as small value retainer and the ability to roll 4 times for the same loot are big things here. Also no more rot C survival in grinding. Seems for the best, even if the MD I did was T2 and felt S#&amp;&#036;ty, Sedna MD tileset from closed beta. It certainly does get old...

Edited by Galuf

3 hours ago, Narendramrs said:

TL;DR:

Nah, with the old system you had 4 people keysharing 4 keys for 4 rewards, now it's 4 people with 4 relics for 1 of 4 rewards.

And OP, you forgot to mention Bursas. Rift mission on Corpus level => Alarms, Bursas, Corpus, Grineer, Ancients, it's hell tbh (and I think the one I did also was an ice map).

We landed a Sabotage as our "virgin" mission; both of us searched for the fissure & when we didn't find it, we went ahead and blew up the Sabotage reactor...which started the clock ticking down....and on our way to extraction, that's when we found & opened the fissure.  Needless to say we ran out of time as we both touched the extraction pad. Lol whoops

1 minute ago, LilithBlack said:

We landed a Sabotage as our "virgin" mission; both of us searched for the fissure & when we didn't find it, we went ahead and blew up the Sabotage reactor...which started the clock ticking down....and on our way to extraction, that's when we found & opened the fissure.  Needless to say we ran out of time as we both touched the extraction pad. Lol whoops

If that doesn't scream "bad design", I guess I'm not sure what does.

For future reference, I've created a vastly superior topic on not just this matter, but all of SotR. I'd advise those reading here to check it out.

Thanks, guys.

Actually we both felt pretty stupid. I mean, normally you scour the entire Sabotage map looking for caches, but in our excitement to experience this new fissure thing we disregarded that a Sabotage can spark an Evac timer, and we consequently ran the clock out---a noobish mistake.  Won't be derping our way through any more missions lol

I'm honestly finding this to be worse than I initially thought, and that's saying something. One thing I've noted in the play so far is that the rewards seem to be based on the person who opened the fissure. This is incredibly bad due to not even being coordinated into using the same relics.  Not sure which relic was being used by the others, but I've been going for Spira P blades today. I only managed to get to the fissure and open it once. Of all the other times we ran, I never saw my loot pool actually show up as options at all. Nothing quite like wasting your limited relics of the one type you need to get the literally one item in the prime pool that is obtainable that I need only not to get ANYTHING from the loot pool on the list. >.>

Just now, Cortanis said:

I'm honestly finding this to be worse than I initially thought, and that's saying something. One thing I've noted in the play so far is that the rewards seem to be based on the person who opened the fissure. This is incredibly bad due to not even being coordinated into using the same relics.  Not sure which relic was being used by the others, but I've been going for Spira P blades today. I only managed to get to the fissure and open it once. Of all the other times we ran, I never saw my loot pool actually show up as options at all. Nothing quite like wasting your limited relics of the one type you need to get the literally one item in the prime pool that is obtainable that I need only not to get ANYTHING from the loot pool on the list. >.>

Really? I hadn't even heard of that issue. If that's really the case, that's ridiculous. Hopefully we see some fixes and changes soon.

I'm going to assume it's a bug, but you're supposed to get the option to pick a piece out of your "friend's" loot table while retaining the option to pick your one assigned item itself. However, my one assigned item that I keep getting rolled isn't even on my loot table to begin with. This leads me to believe that it's ether bugged or intentionally based on the person who opened the rift.