Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm totally lost on what SotR was meant to improve vs what it did. Constructive comparison please?

So here is the artistry and formula needed to make Warframe's lifecycle a success:

Make the game a continuously enjoyable and ever-improving gaming experience while also making the game a continuously profitable and ever-improving source of revenue.

Having said that, and being console-delayed, I'd like someone from the PC side to break down the reality of this update as constructively as possible?  

In terms of QoL improvements vs F2P profitability

-What DE said it was meant to do

-What DE actually wanted it to do (IF you feel they had a legitimate, slightly diferent agenda needing spin...an inconvenient yet necessary evil so-to-speak)

-What the update actually did so far.

Because...just...Wow on responses I've read.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

The market is well organised. I like the look of that forma bundle.

Requirements for building any new dojo items is gross.

Grinding for prime parts has arguably better odds now but apparantly it's just as repetitive as before.

Archwing is archwing.

Solar map is a little confusing and convoluted, but nonetheless visually appealing.

Kavats are as awkward to aquire as Kubrows were when they were introduced.

New melee weapon holster positions are neat, but they cost plat. Not sure what to think about that.

I think that's about it.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

-What DE actually wanted it to do (IF you feel they had a legitimate, slightly diferent agenda needing spin...an inconvenient yet necessary evil so-to-speak)

I guess the update was meant to reduce the grind, introduce Kavats, change the navigation UI to be more like the original , make archwing more enjoyable and to #NukeDraco. And changing the market UI.

What it did... I'm not sure how much it reduced the grind, since that would require time and more testing. But it seems like the relic system might reduce RNG for void gear by a lot at the cost of efficiently farming for random gear. Also it could have used a small tutorial.

Kavats, kinda has the same confusing essence that most other updates have as in not telling you at all how to get them.

The navigation UI is to be expected that it doesn't show you how to navigate through it, it's just a learning curve.

I have yet to check out the archwing changes.

Draco to me is more of an issue regarding forma to me, since having to level the same thing multiple times so it can be efficient is a major issue with weapons used (higher tendency to use formaed gear) and weapons willing to be used (trash and not forma weapons because others have deemed them bad).

Market UI seems good, though I'm not sure about how new player friendly it is.

They buffed nullifiers which was unexpected... Mainly nullifier bubbles currently destroy Snow Globe on touch.

They nerfed Toxin eximus and Disrupter eximus auras, which is good. (The auras they give no longer stack with more eximus of the same type)

Edited by Madway7

31 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

So here is the artistry and formula needed to make Warframe's lifecycle a success:

Make the game a continuously enjoyable and ever-improving gaming experience while also making the game a continuously profitable and ever-improving source of revenue.

Having said that, and being console-delayed, I'd like someone from the PC side to break down the reality of this update as constructively as possible?  

In terms of QoL improvements vs F2P profitability

Firstly, if people aren't providing any feedback, don't pay attention to their responses. It's people like them that hold things back. There is a thread here asking to go back to the old grind (Can someone say Stockholm syndrome?).

In the grand scheme of things, the map update has set up Warframe to move forward. The void is quite empty now, though one would assume this would mean intent on filling it again. Something a lot of people seem to forget is DE add to the game quite regularly, gotta make space from time to time, and this map rework addresses some of the old issues quite well.

One thing i personally like about the new map is that you can see a clear narrative. If you follow all the strings you will see Corpus staging points on Grineer held planets, and vice-versa. You can clearly see the enemies presence as you move around the solar system. So if you liek a little bit of story to go along with your killing, this will help a bit.

If you like to play warframe because you find it fun, you shouldn't find anything really amiss. If you live and breath warframe and are intent on numbers, you are likely to find issue.

The only outright sketchy thing i would say is the Archwing rework. It is a pretty decent upgrade for a open air shooter, but when you get into the corridors of the corpus ships, all bets are off. It's clunky, slow, and aggravating. Here's hoping DE can tighten up the flight model so it's no so much an issue. But on that note, i can see that the new flight model has it's merits. Needs a bit of work though. 

1 hour ago, Madway7 said:

I guess the update was meant to reduce the grind, introduce Kavats, change the navigation UI to be more like the original , make archwing more enjoyable and to #NukeDraco. And changing the market UI.

What it did... I'm not sure how much it reduced the grind, since that would require time and more testing. But it seems like the relic system might reduce RNG for void gear by a lot at the cost of efficiently farming for random gear. Also it could have used a small tutorial.

Kavats, kinda has the same confusing essence that most other updates have as in not telling you at all how to get them.

The navigation UI is to be expected that it doesn't show you how to navigate through it, it's just a learning curve.

I have yet to check out the archwing changes.

Draco to me is more of an issue regarding forma to me, since having to level the same thing multiple times so it can be efficient is a major issue with weapons used (higher tendency to use formaed gear) and weapons willing to be used (trash and not forma weapons because others have deemed them bad).

Market UI seems good, though I'm not sure about how new player friendly it is.

They buffed nullifiers which was unexpected... Mainly nullifier bubbles currently destroy Snow Globe on touch.

They nerfed Toxin eximus and Disrupter eximus auras, which is good. (The auras they give no longer stack with more eximus of the same type)

Seems like an accelerated drop curve for prime parts...kind of ingenious, really.

They have seemingly devised a "sweet spot" on a statistical curve where they've both improved the game for grinders/vets and also made it more likely for short-term/immediate gratification types to invest.

TL;DR: It's actually harder at first than the void system was to get needed parts so if you want the part right away just buy it.  On the flip side, established, higher-powered players will find it pays off as a far more efficient farm system if you stick with it.

Am I reading that right?

39 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Seems like an accelerated drop curve for prime parts...kind of ingenious, really.

They have seemingly devised a "sweet spot" on a statistical curve where they've both improved the game for grinders/vets and also made it more likely for short-term/immediate gratification types to invest.

TL;DR: It's actually harder at first than the void system was to get needed parts so if you want the part right away just buy it.  On the flip side, established, higher-powered players will find it pays off as a far more efficient farm system if you stick with it.

Am I reading that right?

Yeah that's what I meant by that part in the paragraph, DE is currently waiting for feedback to adjust Baro's prices to the new system.

The other thing this will impact I suppose is the trade chat since prime items will probably severely drop in value outside of vaulted primes.