Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE_Steve sees the problems with the update - Chapeau.

2 hours ago, notlamprey said:

That stuff has been in the back of my mind ever since the first partial acquisition took place.

These are packaged goods people. I know I don't need to remind people about some of the appalling things Bobby Kotick has said regarding Activision/Blizzard and the culture he wanted to create at that company.

"...we're really good at keeping people focused on the deep depression."

This is the ethos we're dealing with. This really isn't the place to post the Jimquisition video on "Crunch," but oh boy. I'll let it be enough to say that I think the corporate, "give us profit" mindset is a plague on games. It is a baleful poison that ruins all it touches, including the people who make these games we love to play.

Yeah, it's not that I have anything against profit as such, I want DE to do well and get financial benefit out of what they do.  But profit to me has to be one factor balanced against other things, like the integrity of the thing you're making.  If DE really are being pushed by PW in the direction of sacrificing that integrity to profit, like Cryptic was, then it's sad for  them, just as it was sad for Cryptic when it happened to them.

We'll know if this speculation is on the money if and when DE ever introduce anything like "lockboxes" into the game (they've been a feature of everything PW has ever laid its grubby hands on).  That will definitely be the day I leave.

Edited by Omnimorph

my syndicate missions dissapeared

my 5 neo fissure missions on abaddon europe counted as fullfilled, after watching the uranus junction point i see it didnt count, there is somewhere another smelly egg (bug) there or a few, i dont remember

BUT/AS WELL AS i simply love the new way they do now and so i give credit (even that there are moments they can be happy that im in europe and they are faar away 8-) )

ok, its usual since i play that the bugs leave in the first 14 days

this time it should be a bit faster and i wanna play war within not later then in 14 days ...

get your bugs done, dont kiss our a55es, devs, as well as communicate, and communicate sometimes a bit more ,-)

and also here at the forum, we are here !!! not on facebook or reddit, i dont care about this places ...

14 hours ago, SSNeoman said:

They never said this. They are just trying to fulfill a promise they made to the fanbase. Don't bring up conspiracy theories.

-It's UI lol that's the least of its problems.

-This is true.

-Both of which work. Seriously since when are lvl 20 nulls a problem? Nulls, conceptually, are a problem but everyone is acting like the ones spawned by the thing are the end of the world.

-I'm gonna see if I can get used to it before I pass judgement, it's really too early to say.

They never said that?

"We should have held it back 100%. Sometimes we have an immovable deadline (almost always a marketing promotion) and it twists up our priorities. It shouldn't but it does. Our QA is not at fault and did their best given the unreasonable scope and time. Your rant is spot on and the only thing we can do now is make it right."

And the UI is the only possible problem because the Star Chart is just a fracking menu. It's pure UI, and it's a S#&$ one.

I didn't say they didn't work, I said that they ripped out a well-tested system that people clearly enjoyed in favour of a S#&$ty mini-game that hasn't been tested whatsoever.

And fair enough, but trust me, it's crap. I actually had to stop playing after one or two missions and go and sit in a dark room for a bit to stop myself from throwing up.

Edited by Littlerift

If you want later updates, don't bash the Devs for late updates.  For the last 3 or more updates, DE has gotten flak for taking the time to clean the giant bugs.  Steve said marketing as the reason for the rush, likely just because he was to polite to say it was us.  We, as a community, should decide what we want: slow, clean updates or fast, buggy content dumps.  

+9999 OP

props to Steve for being honest about the whole thing, i had a feeling he knew this was coming from some of his twitter replies

and srsly here we are at Tennocon and there were at least 4 questions all asking about ingame systems that were previously hyped/promised and then either ignored or abandoned from 2+ years ago [dojos/clans/relay/dark sectors/trials/etc]

it is a HUGE red flag when stuff from 2+ years ago still doesnt work but the company is headed in a completely different direction with no intention slowing down

at the rate WF is growing, 'circle-ing back around to get to it' just is NOT good enough, DE needs to change their update schedule to be : new content / rework/fix old S#&$ / new content / rework / etc ; without a massive change of pace or a fundamental shift in development priorities WF is going to forever be a half-finished 'beta' game ... which is bad, considering that the game has been in constant development for like 6+ yrs now [over a decade depending on how u want to count it] , and in that amount of time a similarly sized decent studio could have made another completely whole/functional game with a massive 40+ hr single player campaign and great multiplayer... =/

10 minutes ago, Kothophed said:

If you want later updates, don't bash the Devs for late updates.  For the last 3 or more updates, DE has gotten flak for taking the time to clean the giant bugs.  Steve said marketing as the reason for the rush, likely just because he was to polite to say it was us.  We, as a community, should decide what we want: slow, clean updates or fast, buggy content dumps.  

So it's our fault that DE soil the bed over and over again?

I fkin love it how people get hurt, damaged and personaly offended every time DE or any other company makes a bad move.

You as a person  sometimesmake a bad move too (its inevitable since we are all just people) and when that happens you either hope that nobody saw that or that others will forgive you.

So let it go like Elsa and move on.

Edited by Deshiel

20 hours ago, giantconch said:

Somehow I just knew this was a rushed update. Its good to see "they" are aware of the problems and here's hoping the issues get resolved quickly and with changes that can appease at least most of the community (like, key-to-relic conversions in my case...)

do we know how the key to relic thing worked, my 105 t4E keys doesnt look like they made it into relics, as i dont have nearly enough to explain where they went

9 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

I fkin love it how people get hurt, damaged and personaly offended every time DE or any other company makes a bad move.

You as a person  sometimesmake a bad move too (its inevitable since we are all just people) and when that happens you either hope that nobody saw that or that others will forgive you.

So let it go like Elsa and move on.

If you do something wrong then the solution is to fix it or try to make up for it, not give out half-assed apologies wherein you admit that you know you were doing something wrong.

And lets be honest, DE has never been any good at fixing any of the new features they add: Kubrow, Archwing, Conclave, Lunaro, etc, et al.

11 hours ago, Littlerift said:

We likely have some blame for the rush for this update. If you just hate all updates, why are you still playing the game?  You are taking a legitimate grievance into all-hating troll territory.

On 7/10/2016 at 11:31 AM, Littlerift said:

They never said that?

"We should have held it back 100%. Sometimes we have an immovable deadline (almost always a marketing promotion) and it twists up our priorities. It shouldn't but it does. Our QA is not at fault and did their best given the unreasonable scope and time. Your rant is spot on and the only thing we can do now is make it right."

On 7/10/2016 at 3:48 PM, Littlerift said:

Why is this so unimaginable to you? Yes, we as a customer, have a portion of responsibility. We regularly pressure devs to create new updates and fixes for these updates. It's not surprising that sometimes things don't take. Anyway, they regularly mentioned needing a major update for a while now, and a lot of this update was dedicated to tackling Steve's whiskey list. So unless the nefarious chicken megacorp has decided that Warframe needed integral fixes to gameplay issues STAT, I'd say we have to shoulder a good portion of the blame.

Not to mention they tried to launch Tennocon at about the same time, which is likely the marketing promotion Steve is talking about.

And I don't blame anyone in particular, I am just as guilty as the next guy. I too wanted U19 now. Hell I don't even think Steve owes anyone an apology, except for maybe the newbies who are blocked cause of bugs. Like I'm glad he did, I respect that. But I wouldn't ask for one. If they fix the issues, it'd be good enough for me and I'd be tots content with the update.

And the UI is the only possible problem because the Star Chart is just a fracking menu. It's pure UI, and it's a S#&$ one.

ur rite dawg we shud jus have a butten that sez DRACO instd
Seriously what is your complaint here exactly? UI is just as important as any other element. So what if the devs decided to have a little fun with it while also making it easier for new players to navigate?

I didn't say they didn't work, I said that they ripped out a well-tested system that people clearly enjoyed in favour of a S#&$ty mini-game that hasn't been tested whatsoever.

How quickly we forget 5 R5 Core rewards from T4.

And no, I was sick of the void! Seriously this system is so much better. There are two obvious fixes it needs:

1) Remove the void trace limit (why why why)

and

2) make relics more common to encourage people to chip in.

If they fix this, they will definitely have a much more dynamic system. Use relic, get thing, complete mission, grab reward (maybe another relic as well), do mission to get bunch of relics, repeat.

And if you have a clan, you can zero in on the parts you want much easier than before. I'd like them to do something else with the void fissures eventually, not just kill spawns, but this is definitely much better than before. Sorry dude but this is the "bring back stamina!" of complaints.

And fair enough, but trust me, it's crap. I actually had to stop playing after one or two missions and go and sit in a dark room for a bit to stop myself from throwing up.

I didn't trust you and I was right not to do so. AW has some FoV issues now that they need to fix, and it still implicitly relies on a horizontal axis (see fluctus) but it's a lot better . Flying actually feels pretty natural. If you get motion sickness from this, okay yeah this probably does suck but I dunno how DE could make it better (and I have the sneaking suspicion you are reaching for the hyperbole though but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt).
They do need to widen the corridors, improve turning and tweak it more, but this feels like a much better base. And Archmelee needs way more work, this update brought up some p glaring flaws it had.

Not to mention AW parts are tradeable, AW exp is improved a lot and the new missions are really rad.

Edited by SSNeoman