Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The order of Prime

Birdframe_Prime

Question

Well, ladies and gents, this question has been asked multiple times, no doubt, and probably will be asked again:

What is the order for prime releases?!

And with only a few notable exceptions, we can actually guess! I have recently been proved right on this, so I just wanted to make a thread here, for everyone else, in order for there to be an experiment; because I want to see if I'm right (and things are predictable) or for DE to prove me wrong and to see just how they're going to do that.

Okay, so here's the thing: Primes are, loosely, following the order of the released frames. The ones from the original 8 are a little out of order, and some of the more popular ones released later do get bumped up the list. And there's a distinct pattern of two 'male' frames and two 'female' frames right next to each other to break up the main order-based pattern.

Let's go over it here:

Spoiler

Primes released so far, in order, in pairs of male and pairs of female:

Excal / Frost (out of order, but first male frame after the original 8, very popular)

Mag / Ember

Rhino / Loki

Nyx (A little out of order, would have been Trinity) / Nova (Again, out of order... Would have been Nyx here, Nova should come after Saryn)

Volt / Ash

Trinity (Done with the original 8!) / Saryn

Vauban / Nekros (Was my prediction, now announced at TennoCon, yays!)

Primes to be released in the predicted order:

Banshee / Valkyr

Oberon / Hydroid (Eesh, maybe a little work needed on these two, DE)

Zephyr / Mirage

Limbo / Chroma

Mesa / Equinox (honestly, I'm still unsure to put her here, even after DE says she's technically a female frame)

Atlas / Wukong

Ivara / Titania (?)

Nezha / Inaros

(Also, the sudden appearance of Wukong and Nezha at the same time throws this off a little as we're now a little unbalanced as to male/female frames.)

And with that, I really want to say this... but Wow, that's a lot of frames still to come. I'm a little miffed that I'm going to have to wait another year and some change before I see my Zephyr... [small sniff of pouting]

With all of that, I'm honestly of the opinion that DE might actually run out of Warframe content before they run out of Prime content.

Just to add to my point, check this out: A list of Tenno created weapons (some assumed as they have no direct reference to Grineer, Corpus or Infested on their pages) that could become prime weapons!

Spoiler

Primary:

Stradavar
Syberis
Tiberon
Rubico
Attica
Cernos
Daikyu (<- Ooh, yes please!)
Zhuge
Panthera (<- Uhh... no thanks ^^)

Secondary:

Ballistica
Bolto / AkBolto
Furis / Afuris
Magnus / AkMagnus
Pyrana
Akjagara (<- bad, but to go with the Tigris Prime?)
Aklato (<- probably not because of exclusive Lato Prime...)
Aklex
Aksomati
Akzani
Castanas
Kunai
Talons

Melee:

Dark Sword / Dual
Ether Sword / Dual
Heat Sword / Dual
Jaw Sword
Pangolin Sword
Dual Raza
Dual Zoren
Nami Skyla
Ceramic Dagger
Dark Dagger
Heat Dagger
Karyst
Kama
Nami Solo
Ether Daggers
Okina
Tekko
Silva & Aegis
Tonbo
Tipedo (<- Please, DE? Please?)
Gram
Magistar
Venka
Anku
Boltace
Kronen
Redeemer
Ninkondi
Shaku
Lacera
Dark Split Sword
Destreza (<- Also please?)

Archwings and Weapons

All remaining

Sentinel

Dethcube / Deth Rifle

There's literally dozens of weapons they could still do.

Including all the Archwing stuff, there's prime options in spades. We're a little low on Primary and Secondary, which is why we only got the Akstiletto in the Vauban one, got to alternate the primary with the secondary in order to stretch their life out a bit.

Saying that is probably the reason why I can't make a real prediction on those weapons. Logically, if there is a pattern to the weapon releases, I'll be able to figure it out with some time, until then I'm sure it'll be something to surprise us.

But what I can predict, for a little competition between the devs and the pattern they've made for themselves, is that after Nekros Prime with the Tigris and Galatine Prime weapons, the next Prime will be:

Banshee, with a Secondary weapon... let's say for guessing, the AkBolto, and based on them being released in the same update cycle as Banshee, the Ether Swords or Daggers as the melee.

Let's see what'll happen! Will the frame prediction be proved right, or will DE surprise us with one based off its popularity?

7 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Seem like an ok order.

Really hope they do the right thing and base Valkyr on Gersemi though. Base Valkyr just would not make sense.

I was hoping that with the Gersemi they'd also re-skin the abilities theme, because before she was broken by the Corpus she must have used those abilities, but not as a rage-fuelled anger frame... Maybe more cat and valkyrie than berserker. So if the Prime did that too, that'd be nice XD

Hmmm... so why is this in Players Helping Players now? I wasn't asking a question, I wasn't posting a help topic... This really was for discussion with the general public, with no need for dev feedback, it has nothing to do with helping anyone actually, just a discussion.

I read the posting rules and put it where it was supposed to go, and it's been moved. How strange.