Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grappling Hook Makes Excalibur's Super Jump Pointless?

General-Griffin

Im hoping they rework super jump actually. Instead of having its own animation, just drastically increase your normal jumping height for a certain duration. Would make it much easier to use regardless. An aoe when landing would be nice too though I guess.

If Grapple is going to be a mod, it's probably going to be a rare one. Since Exc.'s Super Jump was made for helping newbies with the parkour element, i don't think it's going to make much of a difference.

Edited by JimJam_

The grappling hook is being made into a universal mobility mod, why not super jump? I would imagine the grappling hook would cost little to no energy to activate (however it would seem suitable to apply an energy cost if super jump and switch teleport remains in their current forms). Therefore, in my opinion, it would be better to turn super jump into an passive amplification of all airborne manoeuvres, jumping, wall leaping slide jumping etc that is universal for all frames and add a new ability to the Excalibur warframe that improves its utility.    

Here, let me help you out,,,

Q: GRAPPLING HOOK MAKES EXCALIBUR'S SUPER JUMP POINTLESS?

A: No

Yes it does, it makes useless to equip a skill, that wastes mod slots and power if i can perform the same thing (even better) with an item. Same thing goes for Ash's Teleport and, partially, for Loki's Switch Teleport.

It's a mean of superior mobility, therefore it makes useless mobility's skills

You are wrong.

Mobility "powers" are largely irrelevent with a game that has skill based movement when it comes to accessing areas of the map.  With few exceptions, everything of interest is accessable with just wall running such.  What powers allow you do do is add elements to skill based movement.  My origional point was that if you think an item makes super jumping pointless, you are missing the point that other frames do mobilty better and yet super jump wasn't pointless before, so it's still not pointless.

Adding a grapling hook isn't going to replace teleports at all because travel time, stealth effects, and other tactical considerations.

Super jumping into a ground attack is still viable and speed is a consideration.

Since we're talking about an ability mod making a frame ability useless, wouldn't that make Volt's Speed useless if you can just put on Rush mods?

And if you say no, compare that to the yet unreleased grappling hook mod/item. You have no idea how the mod will work, why are you complaining about something you have no idea about?