Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WORST game you have played?

Sartactics

Sartactics - you opened Pandora's Box with that the question. Nice one!

All the evils flew out - even references that proclaim ODST had a good campaign came outta that box.

It was nothing less than bland in my experience (others are different I know). Shoot and move, shoot and move. Halo 4 was a bad joke compared to the story from the Forerunner Trilogy. Why they couldn't have relayed some of that in the game is beyond me.

Halo 4 was pretty to look at but it was easy to complete, lacked a reason for doing anything in the game and basically was a decent shooter let down by developers cashing in on the Franchise. I think 363 had taken over at that point.

13 hours ago, (PS4)F1REBLADE-69 said:

Sartactics - you opened Pandora's Box with that the question. Nice one!

All the evils flew out - even references that proclaim ODST had a good campaign came outta that box.

It was nothing less than bland in my experience (others are different I know). Shoot and move, shoot and move. Halo 4 was a bad joke compared to the story from the Forerunner Trilogy. Why they couldn't have relayed some of that in the game is beyond me.

Halo 4 was pretty to look at but it was easy to complete, lacked a reason for doing anything in the game and basically was a decent shooter let down by developers cashing in on the Franchise. I think 363 had taken over at that point.

Ah yes, there is one thing I forgot, the human race has not been eliminated. Travel North, Hope is such a splendid thing...

Eragon, which I bought when I was in middle-school. Awesome soundtrack, but everything else sucked.

Shrek 2, which my sister begged for help with. Beat the part she was somehow having trouble with while simultaneously explaining why it was a badly designed game.

Dante's Inferno, which I liked a lot better back when it was called God of War and EA had nothing to do with it.

Prototype/Prototype 2, in which most of the powers were redundant and the plot-line felt absolutely pointless.

Final Fantasy Tactics. Dear god, Final Fantasy Tactics. If you think Warframe's RNGsus hates you, if you think the scaling here is bad, you will loathe this game. Your entire party can be completely screwed by a randomly generated enemy regardless of its composition thanks to the Zodiac System and a couple other bells and whistles, and the enemies level up with you to the point that, unless you're min/maxing or some such shenanigans, you never stop just barely scraping by. It's not even that the game is necessarily challenging from a mechanical or strategic perspective (especially not if you unlock Calculators), it's just that raw enemy stats and the whims of a psychotic RNG made it feel entirely unrewarding for me.

'Aliens' on the Sinclair ZX81. My mate even had the 5k RAM Pack.

zx81.gif

We spent ages typing the code in for that game and all it did was give a blank screen (white) and a digit in both top left and top right corners. Then you had to press down the really crumby keypad on something signifying space. 

If you randomly hit an alien (which did not appear on screen) your score would go up by one for each hit. If an alien hit you you lost a life.

Oh the pain! 

Gaming was tough back then. One of the highlights was 'Sorcery+' on the Amstrad 6128 - it had a DISK DRIVE. 

We used to go to an arcade and play the original Gauntlet on the 4 player Machine. That was awesome at the time. 'Elf needs more food' and being chased by Death was brilliant.

Gauntlet-Main.jpg

Kingdom Hearts chain of memories. Ugh... That awful card system. Can't even appreciate the fights with that. Who ever thought that was a good idea?

Star Wars ep III (at least PS2 version). That game is awfully dull and definitely didn't live up to the movie.

Star Wars Battlefront (new one). I don't care if they revived the Battlefront 3 idea. That is NOT a Battlefront game. No. Just no.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

They're adding an offline mode, with bots.

I demand enemies dropping blue bacta tanks and red ammo drops!

Honestly I don't like the game because it barely looks like any of the previous titles.

I'm all in for adding new stuff like Battlefront 2 did with the original, but this doesn't suit me.

5 hours ago, ElGuirrix said:

I demand enemies dropping blue bacta tanks and red ammo drops!

Honestly I don't like the game because it barely looks like any of the previous titles.

I'm all in for adding new stuff like Battlefront 2 did with the original, but this doesn't suit me.

Really? That's why?! Gameplay aside, Battlefront is one the most visually pleasing games I have ever played, the sound is perfection as well.

Just now, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

Really? That's why?! Gameplay aside, Battlefront is one the most visually pleasing games I have ever played, the sound is perfection as well.

I don't mean graphics or the view. I mean like it doesn't have many things about the original battlefronts. UI doesn't follow a trend, for example. I do think the game looks cool and all. But it's just not the kind of game the two Battlefronts were.

I dislike it in the context that it's not what Battlefront 3 was supposed to be.

19 hours ago, ElGuirrix said:

I don't mean graphics or the view. I mean like it doesn't have many things about the original battlefronts. UI doesn't follow a trend, for example. I do think the game looks cool and all. But it's just not the kind of game the two Battlefronts were.

I dislike it in the context that it's not what Battlefront 3 was supposed to be.

Okay, I get what you meant now :P

The ironic thing about that though, is DICE was getting flamed for both making it not like the originals, and "it's just Battlefield with Star Wars!"

Rumor has it the sequel, which comes out around holiday 2017, will be more like Battlefront 1 & 2, and less like Battlefront EA. Which is believable considering how poor the reception for this one was.

1 hour ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

The ironic thing about that though, is DICE was getting flamed for both making it not like the originals, and "it's just Battlefield with Star Wars!"

Rumor has it the sequel, which comes out around holiday 2017, will be more like Battlefront 1 & 2, and less like Battlefront EA. Which is believable considering how poor the reception for this one was.

The thing about DICE's Battlefront was that they went completely away from what people were expecting/wanted originally, so of course they got disappointed. Just imagine the hype when Battlefront 3 was announced, but then it got canceled. And now all the hopes went up, but most people got quite disappointed by those two things, and others just got pissed.

If they make a new one like the previous ones, it probably will get a better reception. Maybe even an excellent one. Just thinking of how this new Battlefront looks like plus the original expectations, and even some of the things that were originally going to be within Battlefront 3, if that makes it to be a thing, it's almost assured that it'll be loved by pretty much everyone.

Fly For Fun (Many years of playing, couldn't ever hit Master-rank. ;-;)

Bad Rats: (Quite simply put, it's just bad...with rats.)

Into The War: (If i remember correctly, Development stopped on that game long before it was anywhere near playable.)

Racer 8: (This has absolutely no action in it. It's similar to one of those flash games you see on the web all the time.)

CastleMinerZ: (Oddly horrible, people always kill you for no good reason, similar to Rust.)

The lost mythologies,a free game on steam yes but it runs worse than ark, the animation looks worse than find year old Minecraft animations and plays like somebody pieced together the devil may cry combat but without targeting and...well everything

Edited by TheGreatStarStunned

On 7/12/2016 at 0:41 PM, Sartactics said:

It can be anything from a shameful knock-off to something you wish you never bought it.

NOTE: I'm excluding E.T on the Atari here since we all know that game is garbage.

Personally mine would be Rambo: The Video Game. Like what the hell is this? The graphics are S#&$, the gameplay is dull, just a bad version of an arcade rail shooter and costs 40$ for just 3hrs!?

I've played E.T, it was sh!t, i also played Rambo: The Video Game, it was a waste of money, a bad production and a lack of intense feeling.

I rate 2 of these games a 1/10

On 25/07/2016 at 6:41 PM, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

I just find it amusing that they kept saying 'quality over quantity' as an excuse in response to the common complaints of not much to do and not enough maps. When there wasn't much quantity in the first place to even stand by that notion. 

Felt like some sort of early access title with the amount of content we were given. 

1/10 Worst - Ace Combat Assault Horizons - Took a fairly solid flight combat series and shoved Call of Duty into it for no reason, and quick-time events, and scripted dogfights. Bamco did make things right by releasing a much better game later, although its a pay-to-play (Ace Combat Infinity). Ace Combat 6 looks good though, lets see how that pans out.

3/10 Terrible - Front Mission Assault - Took an insanely solid turn-based mech RPG, and turned it into a silly FPS/Mech game with terrible redesigns of classic machines, and a horrific multiplayer system which would normally pit you against enemies 20-40 ranks higher than you, and the mechs scaled with rank...The game was so bad that Square Enix has basically killed the franchise off. The last good game of the franchise is Front Mission 5, which was never released outside of Japan.

5/10 Horrible - Armored Core V & Verdict Day - Removed nearly all of the aesthetically pleasing aspects of the series, and also removed flight as a method of movement, thus vastly limiting the potential for map design and mech design. Also went all the way back to Armored Core 1-3's derpy aiming system, which doesn't mesh well with fast paced combat of any kind. At least the soundtracks are good...

5.5/10 Disappointing - Robocraft - A good example of how not to develop a game, they continually talked about re-balancing the entire game and getting things squared away whilst adding broken weapon after broken weapon. On top of completely killing any kind of build variety by making it absurdly hard to earn xp and or blocks. The main issue is they would nerf things based on player opinion instead of statistical data, so they'd end up fixing the wrong problems and making others even worse. The game is basically dead to me.

6.5/10 Meh - Planetside 2 - Terrible pay-to-win system with horrible servers and terrible teammates. The game has probably been made better now, but I'm not going to bother with it again.

P.S. These are my opinions, not personal attacks on people who like these games.

Edited by Nox_Terminus
more info

2 hours ago, Nox_Terminus said:

1/10 Worst - Ace Combat Assault Horizons - Took a fairly solid flight combat series and shoved Call of Duty into it for no reason, and quick-time events, and scripted dogfights. Bamco did make things right by releasing a much better game later, although its a pay-to-play (Ace Combat Infinity). Ace Combat 6 looks good though, lets see how that pans out.

I completely agree. I was excited for that game, after having waited quite a few years for a new one (my first was AC6) and it was just abysmal. Ace Combat 6 is fantastic, not the best in the series but it might as well be perfection compared to AH. I have hundreds upon hundreds of flight hours logged with AC6, and I can't wait for Microsoft to finally back comp it so I can play it more.