The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, The War Within is the "End" of July. (or "soon" tm?)

achromos

2 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

While hotfixes are good and all to fix any broken features and bugs, it's not a great long term plan since it'll just give them more work and the inevitable delays we get with the new content.

Don't rush them, they already self imposed the rush onto themselves and we got a terrible mess that was Specters of the Rails(before hotfixes).

Oh, trust me.  I'm absolutely not rushing anything, (if you follow my full post) as a much smarter man once said:  "A delayed (game) update is eventually good, but a rushed  (game) update is forever bad."  A somewhat changed quote, but please make sure to read the full post. As my intent is far from 'rushing' DE, this is curiosity and speculation of what people think in general would be a likely release for TWW.

If it's not ready, then it's not ready.  There's only so much coffee in Canada lol.

Edited by achromos

Specters of the Rail was admittedly rushed. With the amount of bugs this update brought, DE still has work to do to push it to an acceptable state. The War Within has work in need of completion (quest soundtrack, motion capture, new mechanics from quest, Titania). Given these circumstances, I have firmly set my belief that it will not make it in July, regardless of how much has been done.

It seems DE bit off way more than they could chew with U19's entirety. I really want a reason to play Warframe nowadays in search for something new and exciting, but this 7 month wait that may very well be turned to 8 for the release of major content has been dry and depressing. I'm hoping that the War Within can be released by the end, or soon before the end of July, I really am. Though at this point, it seems a miracle will be required to do so.

I also sincerely hope this is complete pessimism and DE has an exceptional amount of work done.

Edited by LazerSkink

• 2 months later...

I think they ran into issues that could not be rushed.

In that time Steve has been taking advantage of the delays and trying to get Warframe working in high rez and introducing grass (and I presume hair) shaders and true volumetric light.

The game is becoming incredibly.polished on the visual side of things.

Now get the mechanics to match and we have a real gem. I am waiting for big things to impact ALL of Warframe like Bulletjumping and walllatch did (can't even remember not being able to do it now) and not a few hours content.

For the complainers: what game can't be speed run in a few.hours to a day? Excluding MMOS and RPGs, this is commonplace. You demand too much from a game like this.

22 minutes ago, Redthirst said:

So basically, excluding genres that Warframe heavily draws from?

I mean persistent games, or rpgs that have a cohesive plot and a world to expore.

Warframe is more like Lol than Wow or Shadow run or Deus Ex.

I mean, even Destiny or any other big IP that get a DLC aren't that don't take so long to finish. Just like people complain about Warframe and how we BLAST through new content allmost like - what's the point of releasing quality Quests or Events.

I would RATHER have big lasting releases- like Focus and the Operators, Syndicates and Relays all are - they just need to grow.

1 minute ago, arch111 said:

I mean persistent games, or rpgs that have a cohesive plot and a world to expore.

Warframe is more like Lol than Wow or Shadow run or Deus Ex.

I mean, even Destiny or any other big IP that get a DLC aren't that don't take so long to finish. Just like people complain about Warframe and how we BLAST through new content allmost like - what's the point of releasing quality Quests or Events.

I would RATHER have big lasting releases- like Focus and the Operators, Syndicates and Relays all are - they just need to grow.

Um, even if we take the(nonsensical) comparison between Warframe and League of Legends, it doesn't make any sense. Games like LoL rely on replayabillity. New content is added, but it just refreshes the game a bit, while the core gameplay can be replayed many times in between those content additions. This same mechanism is how other horde shooters like Left4Dead, Killing Floor or Payday can have people play it for a long time. Warframe relies solely on new content additions. There is barely any replayability - people play it as long as there is something to grind. This makes Warframe more similar to games like Path of Exile, where people keep playing it because of variety of builds that are possible, said builds requiring a lot of grind to fully make, only Warframe has a rather shallow RPG system, so it doesn't work as well.

20 minutes ago, Redthirst said:

Um, even if we take the(nonsensical) comparison between Warframe and League of Legends, it doesn't make any sense. Games like LoL rely on replayabillity. New content is added, but it just refreshes the game a bit, while the core gameplay can be replayed many times in between those content additions. This same mechanism is how other horde shooters like Left4Dead, Killing Floor or Payday can have people play it for a long time. Warframe relies solely on new content additions. There is barely any replayability - people play it as long as there is something to grind. This makes Warframe more similar to games like Path of Exile, where people keep playing it because of variety of builds that are possible, said builds requiring a lot of grind to fully make, only Warframe has a rather shallow RPG system, so it doesn't work as well.

Yes exactly.  People say give us more content, DE complies. But it's not built to last. Because Warframe used to be a small team based fastpaced shooter. Today it wants to be in 10 directions but the core is still based on quick games with no cohesion with the gameworld.

Warframe is Pokemon with guns. But once you gotem all, you need.more.

I made a point that for Warframe to break the monotony, players need.a bigger reason to play. I see cynical comments that War Within won't change anything and that it will be a few hours, then forgotten.

We don't want that.any of us.