Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If Ember And Blaze Shared Powers?

ReiganCross

i think they are making it so its separate. the impression i got anyways.

i expect a mess if its that way. people are going to perceive one better than the other regardless of how anybody else feels about it and claim they are being forced into the gender they dont like because it has the skills they want.

not looking forward to that mess.

The solution that they have for people that want to play a male fire warframe. The idea was brought up in the past livestream as an alternative for genderswaping Ember but it would become a whole new Warframe with it's own powers.

What i'm proposing is that, he could have is own signature powers, but he could additionally use the established powers of Ember along with his own. And this could also allow Ember to use Blaze's power, expanding her powerset into 8 possible powers.

This would be perfect for people that want to play a male Ember, he could be equipped with Ember's skill instead of his own and play like her. Or if people like Blaze and want to play him as a female character, they can equip Blaze's skill on Ember.

Blaze? New Warframe? Wuh?

Blaze was mentioned in passing while talking about the possibilities of Genderswaps during one of the livestream. It's not a "CONFIRMED" or anything but if there's an Ember gender-equivalent, it'll probably be called Blaze.

IMHO he should have his own set of powers, not compatible with Ember's.

did they actually say they were launching blaze?  Is this confirmed?

I would get him immediately if they did, BUT (and yes I missed the livestream) I haven't heard anything aside from the concept art about him being developed or released.

Edited by Hezekiah

Blaze was mentioned in passing while talking about the possibilities of Genderswaps during one of the livestream. It's not a "CONFIRMED" or anything but if there's an Ember gender-equivalent, it'll probably be called Blaze.

IMHO he should have his own set of powers, not compatible with Ember's.

Well, then you could just play with his own powers and not mix Ember's power into the mix. Note that the possibility of using her powers does not implies the need to imbue them there. Also, they made the whole Mod 2.0 System so they can implement new powers into the Warframes, so more then 4 powers to choose from will happen sooner or later.

Well, then you could just play with his own powers and not mix Ember's power into the mix. Note that the possibility of using her powers does not implies the need to imbue them there. Also, they made the whole Mod 2.0 System so they can implement new powers into the Warframes, so more then 4 powers to choose from will happen sooner or later.

It was just a personal opinion on my behalf. And I fully understand that compatibility is a good thing for Ember/Blaze players, but I was thinking of the precedence this would set about other gender-pairs.

Slash Dash on Nyx or Chaos Excal?

Maybe I'm just looking too much into it. :/

It was just a personal opinion on my behalf. And I fully understand that compatibility is a good thing for Ember/Blaze players, but I was thinking of the precedence this would set about other gender-pairs.

Slash Dash on Nyx or Chaos Excal?

Maybe I'm just looking too much into it. :/

Well, Excal and Nyx doesn't have the same theme. One is a Psychic Warframe and the other is... Well, i'm not sure what the theme of Excalibur is but it ain't Psychic.

Anyways, this would just provide an interesting depth when they decide they'll make genderswap versions of the Warframes, using the same themes and making them the other gender. (Maybe the story explanation is that they've been trying to make the armor work with the other gender but the new suit is the result of that attempt.)

Anyways, this would just provide an interesting depth when they decide they'll make genderswap versions of the Warframes, using the same themes and making them the other gender. (Maybe the story explanation is that they've been trying to make the armor work with the other gender but the new suit is the result of that attempt.)

(Interesting, and fluffy enough. Male wearing Excal = Physical boost, Female wearing Excal = Psychic boost.)

(Interesting, and fluffy enough. Male wearing Excal = Physical boost, Female wearing Excal = Psychic boost.)

That could work and be kind of interesting... Plus, i wouldn't mind a Slash Dashing Nyx or a Excal with Psychic Bolts. Kind of badass!

It's a shame that this idea is not going places... It seems like kind of a pleaser for everyone o.o'. Those that want new frames without being pure Genderswap can have their frame. Those that only want a genderswap can have the original frame's power on the new frame...

i think they are making it so its separate. the impression i got anyways.

i expect a mess if its that way. people are going to perceive one better than the other regardless of how anybody else feels about it and claim they are being forced into the gender they dont like because it has the skills they want.

not looking forward to that mess.

Yah I'm a ember and I hate if another warframe could use my powers it would be stupid

Well.. Abilities are mod cards.. They can just make the ability mods for each compatible with the other? Basically, you get your generic gender-swap, but you also get four new powers to choose from.

But find a way to make it so you can only have one of each tier. No running around with 2 Ulti's.

Edited by Noogums

While I am all for getting genderswapped frames, I'd prefer having purely cosmetic genderswaps. After that, add powers to each frame all you want, It's something I want too. But having, say, Blaze as a wholly separate warframe is... just no. have the same shields/health/speed/polarize and all, share the abilities and the helmets... whatever, but make the two frames perfect equivalents save from the gender.

Or just make the alternative gender as a skin available by default. I want female warframes and I would HATE having my chances to get what I want HALVED because the devs made male and female have separate BP.

I know what it means, but there are plenty of "flame" related words they coulda used that have not been used by a mini-skirt wearing high-kicker from a massively famous beat'em'up franchise >.<

Don't Do it! I think it sounds like a stupid idea to make a "Male" Ember, and let's all be honest. Anything to further distract them from finalizing The Anti-Matter Warframe is a Bad Thing. Also why do they need to make a male ember? Do people honestly have a problem with playing certain sexes in this game?