Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grappling Hooks

Strac_CRO

Ninjas shouldn't need grappling hooks.

I was under the impression that we could already get to hard to reach places by running up and along the walls.

You all can use them if you want. I'll be the guy who insists we were better off when we couldn't get to difficult areas even though he's obviously wrong. :P

You dang kids! Get off my lawn!

I would like this idea if grappling hooks became an effective means of vertical movement. I find the options for such movement to be lacking, presently (at least on most frames, with others you can get creative with Switch Teleport and the like).

I think the hook is an awesome idea, really fits the idea of a video game ninja. Being able to use it to hang from the ceiling and attack or stealth drop on enemies would be sweet.

However, if the grappling hook's range in the livestream stays it would make a lot of the travel powers obsolete. If the reach was limited to something like the height of a vertical wall run, this would effectively double your vertical reach and help clear some of the longer gaps. Granted, the Grineer levels are probably the only ones that you would need this in for the most part, but it would still be nice.

Instead of energy it should use up your stamina would make a lot of sense since melee weapons use stamina and they are thinking of making it a melee weapon, sacrificing melee for a grappling hook would be an even trade and would stop using it for purely flying across rooms

if you have used the dual zoren with maxed out fury mod you can already fly across maps if you know how