Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bursa in Fissure Missions

HarrodTasker

Say you have a party doing a corpus exterminate fissure mission  You kill all the corpus and, just to be safe, destroy all cameras and turn off any alarms that are on.  There is nothing corpus alive on this map at this time, which was the mission primary objective.

The fissure starts, and without fail I hear "The alarms have triggered a Bursa".  Let me remind you, in this scenrio, all alarms are disabled and there is enemy alive that can trigger an alarm.  What alarm are the bursa responding to?  And they come every time, usually 2 or 3 per fissure.

This doesn't happen on Grineer missions with prosecutors, so why does it happen on corpus missions with bursa?  Shouldn't there have to be an alarm active to trigger a bursa?  Shouldn't there have to be a corpus enemy alive to trigger an alarm?

10 minutes ago, HarrodTasker said:

What alarm are the bursa responding to?

Fissures are like MobDef missions or Capture missions in that they automatically sound a "silent alarm" and keep the alarm on for the rest of the mission

Edited by TARINunit9

13 hours ago, HarrodTasker said:

So why are fissure alarms unhackable?

Because the content was rushed out the door.

EDIT: I've just tried one of these to see how bad it can be.

If you've killed everything and done the fissure, but you have a bursa still around ...

1. You can't disable the alarm as it's a "silent" alarm. Alarm consoles offer no reprieve.

2. The existing bursa causes more bursa to spawn, even though the enemy kill count is x/x.

3. You can't leave the mission, even though the enemy kill count is x/x as the bursa prevents this. There is no green leave icon on the map.

So it's conceivable that some people will have met the base mission requirements, and have closed the fissure, but still end up failing the mission if they can't get all the bursa or the bursa get them first.

Edited by Kihana

Yep, not too long ago I experienced this. The first time it happened I had a pretty stellar Morax extermintate neo fissure going. Killed the stalker, got a rare stance, then killed all the corpus and made sure the alarms were off and started the fissure. The fissure went pretty smoothly. 

...Until I sealed it and promptly heard both "The alarms have triggered a bursa" and the subsequent stomping sounds the thing made as it raged down the halls towards me. At first I wasn't too spooked, thinking maybe one of the spawned void guys triggered an alarm, so I rationalized I'd beat it, find the alarms, and go home with what could have been a saryn chassis that I used my 100 traced relic for. I was packing a rhino with tonkor, sonicor, and the atterax, so this first one wasn't too bad. I stomped it, then sonicor'd its panel. Literally the moment it fell down after the hack the lotus decided to tell me the good news: more bursas! More, and more, and more. I couldn't hack the alarm panels (because reasons I guess), I was out of energy, and there were just too many bursas for me to conceivably handle. I couldn't leave because the exterminate number kept rising, and killing them would be like trying to make a snowman in hell.

Eventually I had enough, reset the mission, losing the stance, whatever prime I got, and then retried. The same thing with the bursas happened after I sealed the fissure, but this time I killed the two that came and nope'd out as quickly as I could. 

Got a paris limb tho

Edited by Jre_Zetic
Wrong fissure type mentioned